Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Razzoo's Cajun Cafe

Default Re: Razzoo's Cajun Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Looks like they are about 2-3 weeks from opening.

October 7

They are open.

Sunday - Thursday, 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
    Friday & Saturday, 11:00 am - midnight

Menu:
    https://www.razzoos.com/new-menu-1

Blog Entries

Went at lunch today. It's a cool place - we sat in the bar area which is large with TV's and quite a specialty drink menu. But we were pretty underwhelmed with the food. I would put the gumbo well below places like Off the Hook, Pearls and Cajun Corner for sure. Blackened catfish and dirty rice were good, but the "vegetables" served with it were basically like green beans out of a can with some seasoning. Hush puppy appetizer was large (and pretty good). I bet it will do well, but it likely wont be a regular with us.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Went at lunch today. It's a cool place - we sat in the bar area which is large with TV's and quite a specialty drink menu. But we were pretty underwhelmed with the food. I would put the gumbo well below places like Off the Hook, Pearls and Cajun Corner for sure. Blackened catfish and dirty rice were good, but the "vegetables" served with it were basically like green beans out of a can with some seasoning. Hush puppy appetizer was large (and pretty good). I bet it will do well, but it likely wont be a regular with us.
    I was also there for lunch today about an hour ago, and had the same impression. It was all good, and the service was great but the food wasn't anything to write home about. The etouffee was alright, but I still prefer The Shack's. We had alligator tail for the table and it was mostly breading which was disappointing. It seemed busy for lunch but the atmosphere wasn't loud and hectic, which I thought was nice. Its also the first week, so we may try again but not real soon.

Blog Entries

^ Agree. That is a fair assessment. Might have to go back just to try the two person garbage punch drink. Just once...ha

I will only go there for their awesome fried pickles

Was the place crowded when you went there?

Blog Entries

^ Went about 1230 on Friday and had a 15 minute wait. I’d guess it will be pretty busy for a while during peak times.

And I did note a table near us that got the fried pickles!

^ Went about 1230 on Friday and had a 15 minute wait. I’d guess it will be pretty busy for a while during peak times.

And I did note a table near us that got the fried pickles!
    Haha, nice!

10. Default Re: Razzoo's Cajun Cafe

My wife and I went to Razzoo's on Saturday night. They had a about a 50-minute wait, but we lucked out and found a couple spots at the bar to wait it out. While we waited, we ordered a couple beers and some fried pickles. I really liked their fried pickles and there was more than enough for an appetizer. It was a fun atmosphere at the bar and the staff was very friendly and attentive.

We were seated at about the 45-minute mark and by that time we had already decided on what we were going to order so the waitress wasted no time getting our food order in. I had the stuffed fish and my wife had the jambalaya pasta. All-in-all both were pretty good, though my side of green beans (which isn't mentioned on the menu) was a little mushy. We will definitely be back.

Met a friend at the Razzoo's bar last night at 5PM.

By 5:30, that place was absolutely packed and when we left at 7, there was a substantial line.

I really liked the setup... Big oval bar, fun setting, excellent, friendly service and with their big cocktails, it was a lively crowd.

I just had the boudin balls (appetizer) but I loved them. Similar to hushpuppies but moister and with ground sausage I believe. The dipping sauce was really good as well. Not a huge beer selection, but enough to have good choices.

Seems to be a great, fun addition to this development. Look forward to going back and trying more of their food.

Went today, really good, and the pricing was reasonable.

Yeah I’ve gone probably 30+ times since I’ve been in town for the last couple months. Awesome place! Amazing food.

The couple of times I went, there was a significant wait.

And the large bar area is always packed.

I haven’t had a wait but the majority of the times I ordered curbside as the dining area was closed. They have now opened the dining area for sit in and when I went there wasn’t a wait but they were almost full. I would suggest anyone who doesn’t want to wait to go soon.

PS, I have also been eating a lot of WAGYU Jap BBQ and they have great cuts of meat. Actually better than most of the places I’ve been going to in K Town in LA. Really good stuff. This area has some pretty good restaurants. I am trying Industry on Wednesday which I’ve always seen packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I haven’t had a wait but the majority of the times I ordered curbside as the dining area was closed. They have now opened the dining area for sit in and when I went there wasn’t a wait but they were almost full. I would suggest anyone who doesn’t want to wait to go soon.

PS, I have also been eating a lot of WAGYU Jap BBQ and they have great cuts of meat. Actually better than most of the places I’ve been going to in K Town in LA. Really good stuff. This area has some pretty good restaurants. I am trying Industry on Wednesday which I’ve always seen packed.
    +1 to better cuts. I've always wondered given how thinly sliced it is, if it even matters at that point? I figure it cooks too fast for quality to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    +1 to better cuts. I've always wondered given how thinly sliced it is, if it even matters at that point? I figure it cooks too fast for quality to matter.
    Yeah it cooks pretty fast. Less than five minutes, Their garlic shrimp is amazing!

Thread Information