Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Invasion From The South

Democrats: No one is saying we want open borders.

NY Times: There’s Nothing Wrong With Open Borders

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Democrats: No one is saying we want open borders.

NY Times: There’s Nothing Wrong With Open Borders
    And your point is wut? Times columnist is no more an elected official than Sean Hannity is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    And your point is wut? Times columnist is no more an elected official than Sean Hannity is.
    Was I dreaming just a moment ago when I heard someone blame Rush and Ann Coulter for the shutdown? Must have been. You know you in particular would do the same if talking heads on the right were claiming to keep "brown people out" or some nonsense.

Was I dreaming just a moment ago when I heard someone blame Rush and Ann Coulter for the shutdown? Must have been. You know you in particular would do the same if talking heads on the right were claiming to keep "brown people out" or some nonsense.
    I don't think anybody blamed R&C for the shut down. The person being blamed and who proudly took credit was 45. Now with that being said, R&C were noted for their outsize influence on 45 to nix the deal that was agreed to unanimously in the Senate after 45 said he was good with the 1.3B that was agreed to. Your analogy was not a good one.

This is agreat account to follow to get an honest view of what is happening on the border. We have to get the wall and keep upping tech and agents to fight this invasion.

CBP Arizona
    CBP Arizona
    @CBPArizona
    ·
    Jan 16
    In the last 5 days #YumaSector #BorderPatrol has arrested people from 7 countries trying to illegally enter the U.S. #NationalSecurity #SouthwestBorder

China
    Guatemala
    Honduras
    Mexico
    El Salvador
    Nicaragua
    India

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBPArizona

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    This is agreat account to follow to get an honest view of what is happening on the border. We have to get the wall and keep upping tech and agents to fight this invasion.

CBP Arizona
    CBP Arizona
    @CBPArizona
    ·
    Jan 16
    In the last 5 days #YumaSector #BorderPatrol has arrested people from 7 countries trying to illegally enter the U.S. #NationalSecurity #SouthwestBorder

China
    Guatemala
    Honduras
    Mexico
    El Salvador
    Nicaragua
    India

https://mobile.twitter.com/CBPArizona
    You know what's cool about that twitter feed. All the photos of the border around Yuma. That already has a wall.

I know how to pay for the wall.... fine everybody that doesnt want it. Just like Obama did with obamacare

Your obsession with Obama is gross. One might call it "Obama derangement syndrome". God fu*k*ng forbid people in this country have affordable health care. Obviously a worthless wall is more important to you than the health of you fellow citizens. Also apparently a racist wall is more important, than clean water in Flint. But America first right, keep preaching your fake patriotism.

I know how to pay for the wall.... fine everybody that doesnt want it. Just like Obama did with obamacare

Trump announcement on border moved to 4pm from 3pm: White house

Lets see how accurate this source is:

Exclusive: Trump plans shutdown compromise

President Trump plans to use remarks from the Diplomatic Reception Room on Saturday afternoon to propose a notable immigration compromise, according to sources familiar with the speech.

Details: The offer is expected to include Trump’s $5.7 billion demand for wall money in exchange for the BRIDGE Act — which would extend protections for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) — and also legislation to extend the legal status of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) holders, according to a source with direct knowledge.

Jared Kushner and Mike Pence have led the crafting of this deal and the negotiations with members, according to White House officials. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told reporters he had proposed the idea of a DACA-TPS swap to Trump in December, and that the president called it "interesting."
    The backdrop: A source privy to the negotiations told me the inflection point for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was the letter from Nancy Pelosi telling Trump not to deliver the State of the Union. McConnell had been saying all along that Pelosi and Trump needed to negotiate because one needed to put a bill on the House floor and one needed to sign it — two people with singular power.

But after Pelosi’s letter, the source said, it became clear to McConnell she was “never going to get off her position and some other spark needed to happen.”

McConnell told the president that it was his view that Pelosi was never going to move. She would and could not negotiate on border funding because of her caucus, and Trump needed to be the one to put something forward he would sign so that McConnell would have the presidential backing to bring it to the floor.

Read rest here: https://www.axios.com/trump-expected...872dcd534.html

——

It’s a political trap. The proposal is to extend DACA work authorizations by 3 years, no citizenship. Dems will reject, lose face, Trump will THEN declare emergency saying 'we did all we could but democrats just don't care'

They will only "lose face" to people like you who think Americans with different ideas than you. (Morality and empathy) are "bad people" and the "enemy" nice try though. Daca citizenship for a wall would be a good compromise because neither side would be happy.

Lets see how accurate this source is:

Exclusive: Trump plans shutdown compromise

President Trump plans to use remarks from the Diplomatic Reception Room on Saturday afternoon to propose a notable immigration compromise, according to sources familiar with the speech.

Details: The offer is expected to include Trump’s $5.7 billion demand for wall money in exchange for the BRIDGE Act — which would extend protections for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) — and also legislation to extend the legal status of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) holders, according to a source with direct knowledge.

Jared Kushner and Mike Pence have led the crafting of this deal and the negotiations with members, according to White House officials. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told reporters he had proposed the idea of a DACA-TPS swap to Trump in December, and that the president called it "interesting."
    The backdrop: A source privy to the negotiations told me the inflection point for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was the letter from Nancy Pelosi telling Trump not to deliver the State of the Union. McConnell had been saying all along that Pelosi and Trump needed to negotiate because one needed to put a bill on the House floor and one needed to sign it — two people with singular power.

But after Pelosi’s letter, the source said, it became clear to McConnell she was “never going to get off her position and some other spark needed to happen.”

McConnell told the president that it was his view that Pelosi was never going to move. She would and could not negotiate on border funding because of her caucus, and Trump needed to be the one to put something forward he would sign so that McConnell would have the presidential backing to bring it to the floor.

Read rest here: https://www.axios.com/trump-expected...872dcd534.html

——

It’s a political trap. The proposal is to extend DACA work authorizations by 3 years, no citizenship. Dems will reject, lose face, Trump will THEN declare emergency saying 'we did all we could but democrats just don't care'

Leader McConnell
    Leader McConnell
    @senatemajldr
    I commend
    @POTUS
    for his leadership in proposing this bold solution to reopen the government, secure the border, and take bipartisan steps toward addressing current immigration issues.
    My full statement:

https://www.republicanleader.senate....order-security

PARIS
    PARIS
    @PARISDENNARD
    ·
    9m
    Be clear, the only person showing leadership, showing compassion, using facts, data, static’s, being creative & innovative to secure the border & find a solution to open the government & protect the nation is Pres
    @realDonaldTrump
    not Speaker Pelosi or Sen. Schumer.

Brit Hume
    @brithume
    ·
    6m
    The President has now made an offer that includes some things Democrats have wanted in exchange for funding a wall or barrier on some parts of the border. Democrats say it’s a non-starter. Ok. What’s their counteroffer? Or will they simply not make one?

PARIS
    PARIS
    @PARISDENNARD
    ·
    8m
    If the Democrats do not take this deal it is clear they are just wanting to be obstructionists, the party of no, the party of open borders, the party of no laws and orders, the party of inaction & that is sad. Make a deal, do your job & secure the border while opening the govt.

Ball is in Dems court. Trump is offering compromise so lets see what they do. I think the middle-left will start putting pressure on their reps to get this deal done. I may be wrong but not all left are anti-wall.

Really, it's at best two years DACA protection because Friday was the last day for the Supreme Court to take up appeals this session to the lower court decisions protecting Dreamers.

So reality is the Dreamers are protected now for at least a year. The SC may never accept a Dream act appeal and even if they do, they may well themselves protect the Dreamers.

It's not a "compassionate" deal, It's a sham offer. Trump is going to have to offer permanent protection and a path to citizenship. That would move the Democrats. Can he offer that?

Pelosi’s rejection of Trump’s compromise means she now fully owns the shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Really, it's at best two years DACA protection because Friday was the last day for the Supreme Court to take up appeals this session to the lower court decisions protecting Dreamers.

So reality is the Dreamers are protected now for at least a year. The SC may never accept a Dream act appeal and even if they do, they may well themselves protect the Dreamers.

It's not a "compassionate" deal, It's a sham offer. Trump is going to have to offer permanent protection and a path to citizenship. That would move the Democrats. Can he offer that?
    Permanent protection for a temporary program? Pass some damn laws then. Sorry, they are the ones being unreasonable here.

Permanent protection for a temporary program? Pass some damn laws then. Sorry, they are the ones being unreasonable here.
    Agree. Trump offered a compromise which gives Dems some of what they wanted. To get law changed they will have to attempt seperately.

Ball is in Dems court and so is shutdown on them now too. If no traction my guess is Trump declares an emergancy soon. He laid it all out in a very articulate and compassionate way. If Dems refuse the they do not care about our border nor crime and rapes and killings.

20. Default Re: The Invasion From The South

Hahaha. No.
    The truth is never embarrassed by honest inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Hahaha. No.
    Actually, yes. In fact she rejected it before he even presented it.

Keep on mind she was also speaker last time when Pubs made biggest gains ever in seats. Her actions will be more scrutinized this next week. She is keeping Gov shut by refusing to negotiate or compromise.

So yes its on her and Dem party

Yes, this IS the legislative process. Laws are being passed. What do you think happens in Congress?

Maybe you need to rewatch some School House Rock videos.

That is the step that Trump has to agree on. Give them full legal rights if he wants his stupid wall. Trump had this deal before for $25 billion and he was too dumb to say yes. Will he do it now?

Schumer is sniffing glue. We all know damn well there isn’t going to be any talks if government is reopened. His statement is as stupid as it gets.

Nope. Not the way it works. Trump took full ownership of this shutdown and don't try to tell me otherwise. I watched the meeting on live TV the exact moment he said he was proud to shut down the government and that he would take full responsibility for it and not blame it on the Democrats.

You don't get to change the goalposts now. I believe my own eyes and my own ears. Trump owns this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
    Nope. Not the way it works. Trump took full ownership of this shutdown and don't try to tell me otherwise. I watched the meeting on live TV the exact moment he said he was proud to shut down the government and that he would take full responsibility for it and not blame it on the Democrats.

You don't get to change the goalposts now. I believe my own eyes and my own ears. Trump owns this mess.
    No, Pelosi owns it. She didn't even offer a counter offer of any kind, just a straight up rejection. Ball is now in her court. Sorry.

Thread Information