Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Invasion From The South

Quote Originally Posted by OkieNate View Post
    You are such a JOKE! lol I will have to give it to you though you are an expert in trumpian. Name call, insult, make up bulls*it, then cry when the same play book is used against you.
    You made your point by name calling. Pot meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    You made your point by name calling. Pot meet kettle.
    Oh yeah I won't deny that, I don't care what you think of me lol in the words of your lord and savior donald jesus trump. "bye bye" and if you are so terrified and scared of the "crisis" at the bored, go join border patrol, and enjoy not being paid since the punk in chief wont open the government due to not being able to keep a promise he knew he'd never be able to keep.

So Jim Acosta of CNN is down at the border, at a portion of the border that has a steel slat (or whatever you want to call it) wall. His point is that there is "no emergency" here and that proves that there is no emergency at all on the border.

FFS I didn't know they made them that stupid.

Look I'm not hell bent on a wall or anything, but standing next to a wall that the President is proposing expanding and saying that all is well is not proof that it is unneeded. It's the exact opposite.
    Trump isn't proposing to build that wall, that wall already exists. We have 580 miles of wall and fence now. Adding 300 miles in the middle of nowhere for $5 billion will do little to nothing to traffic across the boarder. Our issues really are at legal points of entry. But Trump wants to spend very little at those points because the wall is tied to fragile little, shall we say, ego?

Yeah, small ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Trump isn't proposing to build that wall, that wall already exists. We have 580 miles of wall and fence now. Adding 300 miles in the middle of nowhere for $5 billion will do little to nothing to traffic across the boarder. Our issues really are at legal points of entry. But Trump wants to spend very little at those points because the wall is tied to fragile little, shall we say, ego?

Yeah, small ego.
    If its no big deal as you say then why don’t the Dems pass it and open Gov up again?

Yeah, small ego.
    Serious question swake...OkieNate you can continue babbling on and stuff.

The "crisis" a few months ago regarding the separations, how do you feel this would best be addressed? Let's just assume (for argument sake), that just letting them in to deal with later by asking them to come back to some courtroom is an unacceptable solution. To me it seems the problem exists because we essentially accept them, thus have to deal with them the way we deal with all people in the judicial system (those that break the law are behind bars, those that don't are not put in prison). Is this what you are talking about when you say we need to beef up spending at ports of entry. What would it solve in this regard, and any other that you think it would address.

Interesting news today discovered that Trumps "zoo fence" can be easily sawed through. It won't stop anyone from coming thru.

Ok, cynical Eric is back in town.

My hypothesis as to how this all shakes out:
    Declaring a national emergency likely puts it immediately in the courts. It will be stayed and go through the appeals process. Trump declares victory (whatever that means). Dems declare victory (same). In the meantime the government opens. That way everybody gets to save face, and nothing really happens (again) as they kick the can down the road again.

Quote Originally Posted by sacolton View Post
    Interesting news today discovered that Trumps "zoo fence" can be easily sawed through. It won't stop anyone from coming thru.
    Did Acosta figure this out while he was eating at Burger King?

Serious question swake...OkieNate you can continue babbling on and stuff.

The "crisis" a few months ago regarding the separations, how do you feel this would best be addressed? Let's just assume (for argument sake), that just letting them in to deal with later by asking them to come back to some courtroom is an unacceptable solution. To me it seems the problem exists because we essentially accept them, thus have to deal with them the way we deal with all people in the judicial system (those that break the law are behind bars, those that don't are not put in prison). Is this what you are talking about when you say we need to beef up spending at ports of entry. What would it solve in this regard, and any other that you think it would address.
    You are talking about asylum seekers, who are breaking no law in asking for asylum. They are not criminals because they request asylum. And in the real world nearly all who were released were showing up for court so no, I don't accept that asking them to come back to court is unacceptable.

Trump and Sessions created a humanitarian crisis through separations, through limiting the number asylum applications taken at legal entry points per day to nearly nothing, by illegally limiting the reasons that asylum should be granted and by forcing Asylum seekers to wait in Mexico. It is a set of polices that are based in racism and are intentionally cruel in order to deter future asylum seekers. These people are fleeing violence and gang wars and treating them and talking about them as terrorists and criminals is downright evil. Yet another evil of this administration.

The way to properly address this is to beef up the asylum process. Make it easier to request asylum at legal ports of entry. Hire additional intake workers, judges and investigators to speed the Asylum process. Most requests are denied, and that's fine so long as the law and treaties are followed correctly. Help those people that are denied humanely go back to where they came from. And accept those with legitimate requests into the US as required by law ands treaty.

So Jim Acosta of CNN is down at the border, at a portion of the border that has a steel slat (or whatever you want to call it) wall. His point is that there is "no emergency" here and that proves that there is no emergency at all on the border.

FFS I didn't know they made them that stupid.

Look I'm not hell bent on a wall or anything, but standing next to a wall that the President is proposing expanding and saying that all is well is not proof that it is unneeded. It's the exact opposite.
    What Acosta won’t tell you:

- fails to mention that Reynosa, MX is on the other side of that wall.

- 225 homicides in Reynosa in 2017 b/c cartel conflicts.

- Many Mexican Nationals living in South TX don't travel there.

- Mexicans warned not to travel thru Reynosa due to murders.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    What Acosta won’t tell you:

- fails to mention that Reynosa, MX is on the other side of that wall.

- 225 homicides in Reynosa in 2017 b/c cartel conflicts.

- Many Mexican Nationals living in South TX don't travel there.

- Mexicans warned not to travel thru Reynosa due to murders.
    Is Trump proposing to build a wall at Reynosa? Oh, there's already a wall there? So no, Trump's wall has nothing to do with Reynosa.

Where will Trump build his wall? Seriously, does anyone know? We do have 580 miles of barriers today, where exactly is he going to harden the border, and why there?

Oh, I know where, Reynosa's murder rate is lower than Detroit and New Orleans. Is Trump going to build a wall around New Orleans?

Oh, I know where, Reynosa's murder rate is lower than Detroit and New Orleans. Is Trump going to build a wall around New Orleans?
    I wonder when Canada is going to build their wall to keep Americans out? Can’t have a dangerous city that so close to Canada without a wall. That’s a Canadian National Emergency!

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    I wonder when Canada is going to build their wall to keep Americans out? Can’t have a dangerous city that so close to Canada without a wall. That’s a Canadian National Emergency!
    I'm guessing you are not familiar with the terrain there in Detroit.

I'm guessing you are not familiar with the terrain there in Detroit.
    Im guessing you are not familiar with sarcasm.

Come on Swake,

You are obviously just wanting to close your eyes to what is being said and making simplistic responses. Stop playing dumb.

The point was that Acosta was trying to insinuate Trump was overstating his wall emergency, showing a segment of the wall at Reynosa with no activity in sight. His comment was that Trump was misleading the American people because there isn't anyone where he was trying to get in the country.

Responders to his video were laughing and pointing out that Acosta unwittingly proved the wall, at that point, is working since there are no people trying to climb, cut or otherwise fly over it.

While Reynosa's murder rate may be lower than a couple of select US cities, it is up more than 100% from the prior year. Some other border cities have a far higher murder rate.

The wall plan, which isn't "down to the bolt finished," will fill in portions where a wall does not currently exist and replace a few sections where the wall is inadequate. Your assertion that the wall is ineffective is misleading. There are wall segments and types that are easier than others to get over. Other portions would take a bulldozer to get through. That is why this plan replaces some segments.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Come on Swake,

You are obviously just wanting to close your eyes to what is being said and making simplistic responses. Stop playing dumb.

The point was that Acosta was trying to insinuate Trump was overstating his wall emergency, showing a segment of the wall at Reynosa with no activity in sight. His comment was that Trump was misleading the American people because there isn't anyone where he was trying to get in the country.

Responders to his video were laughing and pointing out that Acosta unwittingly proved the wall, at that point, is working since there are no people trying to climb, cut or otherwise fly over it.

While Reynosa's murder rate may be lower than a couple of select US cities, it is up more than 100% from the prior year. Some other border cities have a far higher murder rate.

The wall plan, which isn't "down to the bolt finished," will fill in portions where a wall does not currently exist and replace a few sections where the wall is inadequate. Your assertion that the wall is ineffective is misleading. There are wall segments and types that are easier than others to get over. Other portions would take a bulldozer to get through. That is why this plan replaces some segments.
    Which segments? Where?

This isn't a plan, it's a blank check so Trump can check off a racist campaign pledge. Nothing more, it's a stunt, and a stupid one.

Trump himself tweeted on December 11th "Our Southern Border is now Secure and will remain that way."

So what is the point of the $5 billion?

There is no specific down to the bolts plan. Are there always plans for highway construction when the state seeks funds? Dallas built the Central Expressway within a cost plan, otherwise it was pay-as-you-go. Denver built 15 miles of south I-25 the same way. You know as well as I do within government, specific budgets and plans aren't necessarily provided when funds are requested.

Answer why Obama has a wall around his house? Is that also a stupid, racist stunt?

If Mexico did it's job to stop the emigration from their side and prevent the passage of non-Mexican's through the country, a wall would likely not be necessary. Otherwise, all most of us want is to know who Is coming into the country. I'd be happy to let a far higher number of people in the country, adjusted up and down depending on economic needs - which is what most countries do - see Canada. It's not racist to want immigration into the country to be controlled. Few people, including Trump, want to keep everyone out. Even he employs immigrants.

The implication of racism is purely your own imagination and textbook political noise. If it's racist, why does Mexico stop people, under normal conditions, at it's own southern border? If it's racist, why did Obama support prevention of illegal immigration at the border and the construction of wall segments? Was Bill Clinton being racist because he supported the same thing? Was Hillary racist? Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer have been on record in the past for supporting wall segments. Is Columbia and Brazil being racist for stopping Venezuelans at their borders?

There is no specific down to the bolts plan. Are there always plans for highway construction when the state seeks funds? Dallas built the Central Expressway within a cost plan, otherwise it was pay-as-you-go. Denver built 15 miles of south I-25 the same way. You know as well as I do within government, specific budgets and plans aren't necessarily provided when funds are requested.

Answer why Obama has a wall around his house? Is that also a stupid, racist stunt?

If Mexico did it's job to stop the emigration from their side and prevent the passage of non-Mexican's through the country, a wall would likely not be necessary. Otherwise, all most of us want is to know who Is coming into the country. I'd be happy to let a far higher number of people in the country, adjusted up and down depending on economic needs - which is what most countries do - see Canada. It's not racist to want immigration into the country to be controlled. Few people, including Trump, want to keep everyone out. Even he employs immigrants.

The implication of racism is purely your own imagination and textbook political noise. If it's racist, why does Mexico stop people, under normal conditions, at it's own southern border? If it's racist, why did Obama support prevention of illegal immigration at the border and the construction of wall segments? Was Bill Clinton being racist because he supported the same thing? Was Hillary racist? Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer have been on record in the past for supporting wall segments. Is Columbia and Brazil being racist for stopping Venezuelans at their borders?
    You are drunk on Foxnews.

19. Default Re: The Invasion From The South

Bill Clinton also made a campaign promise to 'Build a Wall'.....

What empirical evidence is there that justifies building a campaign promise?

depends where said funds are being requested from... in the above mentioned, especially the I-25... the final hope is that funds are recooped (or at least a significant amount) from the FHWA. in order to even apply for said funds, the work must already be started, and in most situations completed before the funds can be approved.

you see, in the case of the FHWA, they do not distribute funds in advance to the States. Instead, it notifies each state of the available balance of Federal funds for its use, means that they states request the funds, are told based upon the plans what would be eligible for said funds, state hires contractor, contractor does work, state processes contractor's bill, state them submits voucher to the FHWA, then a final review of the voucher is done and notifies Treasury, then Treasury releases funds to the State.

in these cases, plans are gone over, created, publicly reviewed, and then made final, all before initial submission for funds.

many major projects are planned this well well in advance, and long before funding is discussed. that is why they are often broken up into smaller projects and phases, so that those smaller projects are able to receive estimates so that funding sources can then be discussed for each smaller project or phase. atleast when dealing with any project that might be able to receive federal funds.

you can read more here
    https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policy/olsp...eralaid/06.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Bill Clinton also made a campaign promise to 'Build a Wall'.....
    And much wall and fence has been built in the last 20+ years.

Trump's wall was announced in a racist speech and reinforced in many, many racist speeches. It's not about security, which no one is against, it's about brown immigrants being, and I quote:
    When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists.
    And even worse, from the Middle East!
    It's coming from more than Mexico. It's coming from all over South and Latin America, and it's coming probably -- probably -- from the Middle East.
    You know, scary terrorists!

And don't forget, Mexico was going to pay!
    I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I'll build them very inexpensively, I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall.
    There's no real identified need, no locations identified where a better barrier is needed. No real documentation of cost or design. No evaluation of options. No consulting of experts. This isn't a budget request, it's a demand to fulfill a campaign promise rooted in racist speeches that he promised was going to be paid for by Mexico. Something he now claims he never said, which is insane for the number of times he said it.

It was all a con to scare white middle America into voting for him. Just another of his many, many cons.

Is Trump proposing to build a wall at Reynosa? Oh, there's already a wall there? So no, Trump's wall has nothing to do with Reynosa.

Where will Trump build his wall? Seriously, does anyone know? We do have 580 miles of barriers today, where exactly is he going to harden the border, and why there?

You helped make a key point and that is Acosta and the leftist MSM will not report on actual crimes illegals are causing so he went to a place already having a wall and working. The crimes on other side are not filtering in like unwalled areas. Would Acosta or Leftist MSM go report on actual problem areas? No, they would not. They hate our country and want globalists to take it over.

Thanks for making my point

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    You helped make a key point and that is Acosta and the leftist MSM will not report on actual crimes illegals are causing so he went to a place already having a wall and working. The crimes on other side are not filtering in like unwalled areas. Would Acosta or Leftist MSM go report on actual problem areas? No, they would not. They hate our country and want globalists to take it over.

Thanks for making my point
    Where are the problem areas? We have 580 miles of barriers. Where are the problem spots? Start there and you might find a deal, as it is, Trump wants a blank check for his racist campaign promise.

Where are the problem areas? We have 580 miles of barriers. Where are the problem spots? Start there and you might find a deal, as it is, Trump wants a blank check for his racist campaign promise.
    Enough with the histrionics. You don't want the wall so everything about it is bad. Where were you in '09 when we had to pass the bill to see what was in it and all that Obama dictatorship, I mean diplomacy for only 1 branch of government was going on. That's right. You believed in the cause. Ends justify the means. Always will be the case. Seems to be the case for both parties mind you. But take it down about 10 notches. There are plenty of examples of countries building walls (more recent history). They are never 100% full proof. But a barrier is meant to impede. Similarly Obama doesn't believe a wall will keep 100% of the bad elements out of his home. But it's not as if that's his only line of defense. Walls really do what they are supposed to do. Quit trying to prove that a wheel isn't round.

Thread Information