Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Invasion From The South

Quote Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
    Nope. Not the way it works. Trump took full ownership of this shutdown and don't try to tell me otherwise. I watched the meeting on live TV the exact moment he said he was proud to shut down the government and that he would take full responsibility for it and not blame it on the Democrats.

You don't get to change the goalposts now. I believe my own eyes and my own ears. Trump owns this mess.
    No, Pelosi owns it. She didn't even offer a counter offer of any kind, just a straight up rejection. Ball is now in her court.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    No, Pelosi owns it. She didn't even offer a counter offer of any kind, just a straight up rejection. Ball is now in her court. Sorry.
    Trump is attempting to trade a temporary halt to his own cruelty to get what he wants?

That's not negotiation, that's blackmail.

Screw him. Besides, he most certainly said he "would be proud to own it", was he lying? (again)

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Trump is attempting to trade a temporary halt to his own cruelty to get what he wants?

That's not negotiation, that's blackmail.

Screw him. Besides, he most certainly said he "would be proud to own it", was he lying? (again)
    So says the Shook Beta who’s never negotiated anything in his life

No, Pelosi owns it. She didn't even offer a counter offer of any kind, just a straight up rejection. Ball is now in her court. Sorry.
    Hardly. If you walk into a car dealer and offer $5000 for a $50,000 car, that's not negotiating, doesn't deserve a counter offer, and the response would be the same...come back when you are serious, if that polite. Trump isn't serious about negotiating the way out of the shutdown he is responsible for.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    So says the Shook Beta who’s never negotiated anything in his life
    '
    What in the weird hell is the alt-right's obsession with betas, cucks, and Trump's fake toughness and fake success? It's just strange. Here's a hint to help you make it through life; twitter isn't reality.

And dude, you're like a child. You seem to think that I'm some sort of millennial. I'm not remotely. I have a child that is a millennial, though she isn't proud of it. I probably have shoes older than you.

So says the Shook Beta whoÂ’s never negotiated anything in his life
    Characterizing what Trump and McConnell have done the last month as "negotiating" is like characterizing demands for pizzo as negotiation.

Basically, they have teamed up to ask for what they want under threat of continued suffering and legislative obstruction in the senate.

You have to remember that this all began with a CR that Trump said he would sign. He reneged on that and enlisted McConnell to block voting on anything that didn't acquiesce to the demands of the Executive.

If you give ground in a negotiation where negotiated terms that were already agreed upon are formally rejected in an attempt for the other side to extract more... then you're a bad negotiator. Only someone who hasn't negotiated would see how the dems responded as a bad move, tactically speaking.

But there is a sucker born every day, and that's what Trump and McConnell are counting on right now.

'
    What in the weird hell is the alt-right's obsession with betas, cucks, and Trump's fake toughness and fake success? It's just strange. Here's a hint to help you make it through life; twitter isn't reality.

And dude, you're like a child. You seem to think that I'm some sort of millennial. I'm not remotely. I have a child that is a millennial, though she isn't proud of it. I probably have shoes older than you.
    Wow, you are just unbelievably shook.

So strange that you would allow a political figure to so thoroughly ruin your life.

It’s sad!

For some reason, around the time Kosovo declared independence, I followed the old Myspace forums of Serbian nationalists. This language and attempted ultra masculinity is strangely very similar to what was going on over there. The Serbs back and those days (and presently for all I know) on those forums had latched on to some partially true, but propagandized version of their history. Serbia was always a country which punched above its weight in war, but holy heck, these folks believed they were the bulwark of the West against Islam and that the Albanians were simply terrorists who had to die.

Not surprisingly, these Serbs were also very pro-Russia. I'm not jumping to any conclusions--it's just that this movements look and sound awfully similar.

Wow, you are just unbelievably shook.

So strange that you would allow a political figure to so thoroughly ruin your life.

It’s sad!
    You're a strange little boy. Try leaving the basement sometimes basement baby.

10. Default Re: The Invasion From The South

Exactly How Bad Is Trump At Making Deals? Even Worse Than You Think.

"“In the close to 15 years that I’ve been editing the Journal, nobody has used Donald Trump’s the Art of the Deal as a citation in their article. Never. Not once,” said Nancy Waters, the managing editor of the Journal, which is the publication for the Program on Negotiation, a consortium that includes Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Tufts University.

The omission was not out of elitism. Waters said that the publication, which has contributors across disciplines from around the globe, has covered other more pop-culture-esque business books. Trump’s just never turned up.

That may be because Trump’s negotiating style at a base level contradicts all the best practices generally agreed on by experts in negotiation.

“The way he negotiates directly challenges what is almost a half-century of tools and principles and methods that have emerged in the field,” said Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld, a professor in the Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University, who is the editor of the Journal. "

He's never been considered any sort of business leader, just a good self-promoter who has little sense of ethics. His style is recognized as a valid negotiating tactic that can be effective in business but it's very foreign (no pun intended) to governmental type negotiations. Considering the Chinese seem to now be willing to negotiate and NAFTA was replaced, it seems to have some validity. I think you would have to have an unpredictable, somewhat irrational Trump type using them. I don't think Jimmy Carter could pull it off.

You're a strange little boy. Try leaving the basement sometimes basement baby.
    In all fairness, I'm not the one who googles "Trump Russia" thirty-five times per day.

In all fairness, I'm not the one who googles "Trump Russia" thirty-five times per day.
    You're not exactly one to talk. A guy gets elected who you like as President and you change your vocabulary and entire online persona.

Swake is to Chuck as Chuck thinks Trump is to Swake.

Why is it so threatening to you to have someone hold different opinions than yours? To have someone disagree with you? To point out facts and events you don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Swake is to Chuck as Chuck thinks Trump is to Swake.
    I don't attack posters or insult them unless I am attacked. Which happens a lot because too many people have bought into a conman's world view that is disassociated from reality and I confront them with reality.

I don't attack posters or insult them unless I am attacked. Which happens a lot because too many people have bought into a conman's world view that is disassociated from reality and I confront them with reality.
    I know. My point was Chuck is as obsessed with you as he thinks you are obsessed with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Hardly. If you walk into a car dealer and offer $5000 for a $50,000 car, that's not negotiating, doesn't deserve a counter offer, and the response would be the same...come back when you are serious, if that polite. Trump isn't serious about negotiating the way out of the shutdown he is responsible for.
    Wow, comparing DACA people to cars. Nice. It is on the Dems now.

Wow, comparing DACA people to cars. Nice. It is on the Dems now.
    wow... nice jump there... it was comparing the negotiating tactics to that of a car sale.

while i think the Dems have not handled this in the best way possible... there is still only one person responsible for this whole situation even happening right now... and that person isn't in congress

Right. Pelosi and company wouldn't be well advised to give the President anything just for allowing the government to be reopened. Otherwise, a few months down the line, federal workers will again be held hostage for whatever pet project Anne Coulter wants at the moment.

Anne Coulter? Really? You couldnt come up with a better FOX villain of the day? It adds so much to the conversation, is so factually accurate and is about as stupid as saying Nancy Pelosi is nothing more than Maxine Watters senile hand puppet.

Well obviously the government shutdown nonsense is all Trump’s fault because he keeps vetoing ever funding bill the congress sends him, right?
    Don't hassle me, I'm local.

It would be really foolish for the dems to give in now as it just emboldens a despotic president and puts further fear into his pubs caucase to show ever more undying loyalty to racist, fearmongeringn plans. I hate to see this blind rhetoric about crime and terrorism flowing over the border when we live in a town where 168 people were blown apart by a racist anti-government cracker from the mid west.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    It would be really foolish for the dems to give in now as it just emboldens a despotic president and puts further fear into his pubs caucase to show ever more undying loyalty to racist, fearmongeringn plans. I hate to see this blind rhetoric about crime and terrorism flowing over the border when we live in a town where 168 people were blown apart by a racist anti-government cracker from the mid west.
    Cracker, you say?

Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Well obviously the government shutdown nonsense is all Trump’s fault because he keeps vetoing ever funding bill the congress sends him, right?
    McConnell is, of course, complicit as well, as there was a billl overwhelmingly passed prior to the shutdown. The House has passed multiple bills to reopen the government since the shutdown and McConnell has not allowed the Senste to vote. He’s not going without a paycheck or healthcare. His lack of concern for American citizens has been well-demonstrated the past few years.

But Trump did say publicly that the shutdown is on him, so he can take all the “credit” if he chooses.

Thread Information