Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earl’s Rib Palace closed in Moore

Default Earl’s Rib Palace closed in Moore

From their Facebook post.

We’ll keep this short and sweet. We’ve proudly served the people of Moore & Norman since 2006, and we’ve had a great time doing it!

But, all good things must come to an end. We’ve closed the doors to our Moore location in order to focus our efforts on new endeavors (to be announced soon).

We owe an Earl-sized “Thank You!” to all our loyal customers and those who have chosen to dine with us. #OklahomaBBQ just wouldn’t be very “Oklahoma” without you.

Default Re: Earl’s Rib Palace closed in Moore

This location was never busy during any time I have been to it. I also am not a huge fan of Earl's. I think their ribs are too tough and have a lot of gristle. I do like most of their sauces and hot links and smoked bologna, though. Burgers are pretty good for the price.

One of the city council members posted on his Facebook page it was being replaced by Rib Crib

Quote Originally Posted by zcamaro70 View Post
    One of the city council members posted on his Facebook page it was being replaced by Rib Crib

i'm not a big fan of earl's (besides their western location) but i prefer rib crib way less.

I would like to see Earls open a location in Midwest City.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post

i'm not a big fan of earl's (besides their western location) but i prefer rib crib way less.
    This.

I got started on Earl's with their burgers on the Western location, and it took something for me to try their BBQ. And it was good then, too.

The Moore location was very good when it first opened, but I think what KO'd them over the last few years was Swadley's. They *really* upped their game when they built the new S. Western location and we couldn't justify going to Moore for Earl's. And the once or twice we did try, it wasn't *nearly* as good.

So I'm still hoping the other Earl's locations continue to succeed, especially Bricktown, but I'm not surprised to see the Moore location go bye-bye.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I got started on Earl's with their burgers on the Western location, and it took something for me to try their BBQ. And it was good then, too.

The Moore location was very good when it first opened, but I think what KO'd them over the last few years was Swadley's. They *really* upped their game when they built the new S. Western location and we couldn't justify going to Moore for Earl's. And the once or twice we did try, it wasn't *nearly* as good.

So I'm still hoping the other Earl's locations continue to succeed, especially Bricktown, but I'm not surprised to see the Moore location go bye-bye.
    Swadley's used to suck. Has it improved markedly over the last 18 months?

9. Default Re: Earl’s Rib Palace closed in Moore

Rumor floated this morning on the Moore FB group that a Black Bear Diner is going in this location.

I would hope so. If Earl’s couldn’t survive there no way that Rib Crib could.

I know this is a hugely unpopular opinion. But as far as chain BBQ, I really enjoy Rib Crib. *hides*

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    I know this is a hugely unpopular opinion. But as far as chain BBQ, I really enjoy Rib Crib. *hides*
    I'm personally Rudy's or bust when it comes to chain BBQ.

14. Default Re: Earl’s Rib Palace closed in Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Hey.... I'll admit to lowering their profit margin on Tuesday nights on quite a few occasions when I was younger.

I vote Rudy’s ! On another note, I was told at a city council meeting it was announced a Walburgers was going in by Target.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    My wife and I have eaten at the local Swadley's a couple of times in the last few months. It may not be the best BBQ around, but we both thought it was very, very good. And that applies to both the food and the service.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    My wife and I have eaten at the local Swadley's a couple of times in the last few months. It may not be the best BBQ around, but we both thought it was very, very good. And that applies to both the food and the service.
    Which location, if you don’t mind me asking? I’d be willing to give it another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    I've always been impressed by Swadley's... There's definitely better BBQ out there, but for what it is, it's still quite good, consistent, and a decent value, especially considering it's a local chain. I frequent the new location they built on S Western, between SW 89th and I-240.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    When they occupied the old A&W building on SW 89th, we visited it several times to give it every possible chance, and consistently came away disappointed. But that changed when they built the new S. Western location.

Before, we'd go ahead and drive to Earl's be in lieu of Swadley's. Now it's vice-versa. Is it the world's most perfect BBQ? No, but I think they've worked really hard to improve their product - and succeeded enough to earn my business. Whether that means "do they still suck" is entirely up to you.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    When they occupied the old A&W building on SW 89th, we visited it several times to give it every possible chance, and consistently came away disappointed. But that changed when they built the new S. Western location.

Before, we'd go ahead and drive to Earl's be in lieu of Swadley's. Now it's vice-versa. Is it the world's most perfect BBQ? No, but I think they've worked really hard to improve their product - and succeeded enough to earn my business. Whether that means "do they still suck" is entirely up to you.
    I'll give it another shot and report back as to whether or not they still suck.

I don't know about the older Swadley's on Memorial, but the one out in El Reno is pretty outstanding. It isn't Rudy's, but it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I don't know about the older Swadley's on Memorial, but the one out in El Reno is pretty outstanding. It isn't Rudy's, but it's good.
    I knew the manager personally before corporate moved him to their new location in Ardmore. He used to work at Rococo before hand. He definitely knows how to run a restaurant and definitely goes out of his way to make sure the customer service is top choice.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I knew the manager personally before corporate moved him to their new location in Ardmore. He used to work at Rococo before hand. He definitely knows how to run a restaurant and definitely goes out of his way to make sure the customer service is top choice.
    Wow, interesting path from Rococo to Swadley's... Wish we had more of him, though, the Swadley's locations we've gone to in OKC have not been very good.

Blog Entries

Is Earl's ownership behind the Black Bear franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Rumor floated this morning on the Moore FB group that a Black Bear Diner is going in this location.
    Black Bear Diner's website lists Moore on their upcoming location page.

Thread Information