I have spent my whole life as a fan of the business of television. Noticing the recent additions of digital sub-channels to KSBI-52, I am wondering what caused the about face from Griffin Communications regarding them? When Griffin bought KSBI, they immediately dropped their sub-channel, which was THIS TV. There was a quote from the general manager, which was along the lines of "Nobody watches those channels-it isn't worth the effort". In October 2018, Griffin added 4 sub-channels to KSBI, all of which are provided by Scripps television. I am assuming they were negotiated as a part of Griffin buying the Scripps radio stations in Tulsa a few months ago.

Now, Griffin is doing something with KWTV. They are running a "test" on 9.3 Over The Air, and running PSA's about rescanning your TV before the end of November. I'm guessing it is not a big deal, just has something to do with a frequency change for KWTV. And since the old fashioned channel numbers don't really match up in our digital age, I think it is related to that. But, could it mean Griffin is going to broadcast more sub-channels?

And could it mean local, Over The Air broadcasters are beginning to understand that "cord cutting" could result in gaining more eyeballs to their product than ever before?