Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Over the air TV and sub-channels

Default Re: Over the air TV and sub-channels

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    Buzzr is now streaming 24/7 on PlutoTV. Ever since Viacom acquired Pluto, they have turned it into a major player. If you haven’t looked in awhile — check it out. iOS, Android, Roku, others ... or just Pluto.tv in your browser.
    Took your advice and tried it last night...

Love it!!!

I think this is the future of TV. Over 100 channels playing in a no cost, ad-supported format. With Viacom's deep library, new partnerships and inclusion of hugely varied channels, I think they could have the market cornered before the public knows there is a market.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Took your advice and tried it last night...

Love it!!!

I think this is the future of TV. Over 100 channels playing in a no cost, ad-supported format. With Viacom's deep library, new partnerships and inclusion of hugely varied channels, I think they could have the market cornered before the public knows there is a market.
    I agree! Saw this today, it might interest you. It speaks to your prediction.
    https://www.cordcutters.com/nbcs-pea...e-free-use-ads

KOCB-HD 34 added a new subchannel (34.4) carrying the new CBS-owned Dabl network at the end of October. Frustratingly, this additional channel forced station owner Sinclair to downconvert subchannels 34.2 (TBD) and 34.3 (Comet) from a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio to anamorphic 4:3. I'm a relatively frequent Comet viewer so this is a less than pleasant change, but it looks like leasing agreements with CBS for The CW forced Sinclair to take on Dabl and forced their hand on the aspect ratio change.

Interesting. Dabl is currently on 4.4

“OK Boomer Praise Report!”
    Cozi TV is now on over the air channel 43-4. Combine that with Dragnet and Adam-12 joining MeTV, and I am in hog heaven

As more networks and sub channels are added to Over-The-Air networks, just curious to see how many channels everyone is getting with their scans?

We are in NWOKC by Quail Springs Mall and pull in 50 channels now with our antenna ranging from the main networks (KFOR,KOCO,KWTV, KOKH) to the obscure channels that are mainly shopping and infomercials.

7. Default Re: Over the air TV and sub-channels

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    As more networks and sub channels are added to Over-The-Air networks, just curious to see how many channels everyone is getting with their scans?
    I'm pulling in close to 60 in Moore now with the few recent additions.... I really only watch GRIT though... Occasionally I'll go to CHARGE, ME-TV (On the rare occasion I'm home on a Saturday night I'll catch Svengoolie) or ANTENNA-TV but it's rare.

We are in NWOKC by Quail Springs Mall and pull in 50 channels now with our antenna ranging from the main networks (KFOR,KOCO,KWTV, KOKH) to the obscure channels that are mainly shopping and infomercials.
    i'm getting 53 in norman.

I get 42 in Stillwater from amplified indoor antenna.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I get 42 in Stillwater from amplified indoor antenna.
    Just wondering if the Thunder games are on any of those free channels? I admit that I don't watch much OTA tv anymore but might start cutting the cord soon. I have Dish Netork and for some reason they don't have the Thunder games any longer so I am also on Youtube TV. Going to have to cut back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Just wondering if the Thunder games are on any of those free channels? I admit that I don't watch much OTA tv anymore but might start cutting the cord soon. I have Dish Netork and for some reason they don't have the Thunder games any longer so I am also on Youtube TV. Going to have to cut back soon.
    Other than catching the occasional NBA on ABC with a Thunder match-up, no, you don't get Thunder games on Over the Air.

Sling TV was a good value option for streaming Thunder games with TNT and FSOK in the Sling blue package, but I think Sling dropped their Fox Sport Regionals when those were sold off from Fox Sports.

For those that remember, during the Thunder's first season, KSBI was the local carrier of Thunder games and branded themselves as Thunder TV. It would be nice if a local over-the-air option was still available for most Thunder games. It's hard to justify $40-$50 for one channel with live sports when nearly everything else offered on the cable streaming packages can be viewed on demand.

Other than catching the occasional NBA on ABC with a Thunder match-up, no, you don't get Thunder games on Over the Air.

Sling TV was a good value option for streaming Thunder games with TNT and FSOK in the Sling blue package, but I think Sling dropped their Fox Sport Regionals when those were sold off from Fox Sports.

For those that remember, during the Thunder's first season, KSBI was the local carrier of Thunder games and branded themselves as Thunder TV. It would be nice if a local over-the-air option was still available for most Thunder games. It's hard to justify $40-$50 for one channel with live sports when nearly everything else offered on the cable streaming packages can be viewed on demand.
    I agree that it would be nice if one of the local channels would carry the games and it would also skyrocket their channel ratings IMO. Not sure exactly how that works. I assume the local station would have to purchase the rights from the Fox affiliate and not directly from the Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    I agree that it would be nice if one of the local channels would carry the games and it would also skyrocket their channel ratings IMO. Not sure exactly how that works. I assume the local station would have to purchase the rights from the Fox affiliate and not directly from the Thunder.
    foxsportsOK (FSOK) (which is now owned by sinclear and will be rebranded soon) has all the local rights to the thunder games and they do not have the right to resell them

I always thought a local OTA station needs to get local area rights for all OKC and maybe Tulsa sports teams. I'm talking Thunder, OKC Blue, OKC Energy FC, OKC Dodgers, Tulsa Drillers, Tulsa Oilers, then adding High School sports where there are gaps in programming. I would have the channel on at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I always thought a local OTA station needs to get local area rights for all OKC and maybe Tulsa sports teams. I'm talking Thunder, OKC Blue, OKC Energy FC, OKC Dodgers, Tulsa Drillers, Tulsa Oilers, then adding High School sports where there are gaps in programming. I would have the channel on at all times.
    all of those would seem to be possible except for the thunder

Since Sinclair owns Stadium network, and it is primarily an OTA and streaming model, the opportunity for cross-platform integration makes the idea of having the local sports on one channel (or group) a possibility.

Thought I read somewhere, that the network Quest is now on in OKC on KBZC 42.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    The Energy were on a News 9 alternate channel back in 2017 I think and it was great, no idea why that deal stopped.

Bumping this because I read KOCO is adding 2 more channels (5.4 and 5.5). Thought it was September 1, but tv won't scan them in yet. GetTV is supposed to be 5.4 and TheGrio is 5.5. Appears some shifting of channel agreements is occurring after Labor Day. I think Scripps is trying to consolidate some of the networks they bought from Katz onto their ION stations.

20. Default Re: Over the air TV and sub-channels

Bumping this because I read KOCO is adding 2 more channels (5.4 and 5.5). Thought it was September 1, but tv won't scan them in yet. GetTV is supposed to be 5.4 and TheGrio is 5.5. Appears some shifting of channel agreements is occurring after Labor Day. I think Scripps is trying to consolidate some of the networks they bought from Katz onto their ION stations.
    Ion recently added several channels but they were mostly the same as what KSBI is showing..... I really only watch GRIT so it's nice if I'm getting a weak signal on one I can switch to the other.

Would be nice if we got Buzzr here

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Would be nice if we got Buzzr here
    If you have a smart TV or a Roku, download the Pluto app. Buzzr is one of the channels (along with GSN and a 24/7 Price is Right Bob Barker channel.)

Antenna TV is getting rid of all their 80s-2000s shows and putting them on a new network called RewindTV which launched last week. https://rewindtv.com/

Bumping this because I read KOCO is adding 2 more channels (5.4 and 5.5). Thought it was September 1, but tv won't scan them in yet. GetTV is supposed to be 5.4 and TheGrio is 5.5.
    Hey Dob, where did you read about 5.4 and 5.5? Is anything else coming to the area?

Every few months, and especially around September 1st, I start googling digital subchannel names and search around to see what might be coming the area. Broadcatingcable.com can have good early info about what new networks are being started and what carriage deals are working. After that, kinda search that rabbit ears site and some others.

Thread Information