Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 651
  1. #51

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Stands shoulder to shoulder with our NATO and historical allies.
    Article: France fires back at Trump's lack of "common decency"
    http://flip.it/iCpSpm
    Hah! Macron has lower ratings in France now than Trump has in the US. He's made inappropriate comments about other Europeans wives and put off a lots of French women for criticizing any educated woman who wanted multiple children.

    Trump is a boor but so is Macron - and a much younger one.

  2. #52

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Hah! Macron has lower ratings in France now than Trump has in the US. He's made inappropriate comments about other Europeans wives and put off a lots of French women for criticizing any educated woman who wanted multiple children.

    Trump is a boor but so is Macron - and a much younger one.
    Whataboutism- The great comeback for the indefensible. Admirable work sir.

  3. #53

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Whataboutism- The great comeback for the indefensible. Admirable work sir.
    My answer has nothing to do with whataboutism. Citing Macron is a weak position. He's liked less in France than Trump in the US and greatly disliked in other countries - like Trump. Citing leaders of other European countries would make a much stronger arguement. Macron and Trump are cut from the same cloth.

  4. #54

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    About my post. Is it your position that Macron does not stand with French allies or disrespects NATO allies? All that other stuff about popularity and such is driving into the weeds. Trump mocking France about German invasions in the two world wars is also a special kind of ignorance without compare. I will give Trump credit for being the only leader in France to see Putin and smile like a bird eating Cheshire and singing to himself " My boyfriends back...". Kim will be jealous.

  5. #55

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    My point about Macron is that citing him to critcize Trump is the pot calling the kettle. Its like citing Hillary for criticizing Trump about ethics.
    l wasn't present so l don't know why Trump skipped those events. He says it was weather and security. He may have been told to not go by the SS. He may not have wanted to stand in the rain. He may have been pissed by things the others said about him. l dont know the timeline.

  6. Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Yay, Trump negated North Korea's nuclear threat! Oh, wait...

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/u...ile-bases.html

  7. #57

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Yay, Trump negated North Korea's nuclear threat! Oh, wait...

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/u...ile-bases.html
    I'm all for kicking the can down the road for the next President to deal with. If the NK situation blows up under Trump, God help us all.

  8. #58

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I'm all for kicking the can down the road for the next President to deal with. If the NK situation blows up under Trump, God help us all.
    That mind set has been followed pretty religiously by our leaders, even prior to Trump (because history existed prior to him, contrary to what some posters/Travellers appears to believe). With a little extra helping of praying it doesn't blow up on them on the side.

    But Iran was great. So we have that going for us...


  9. #59

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    That mind set has been followed pretty religiously by our leaders, even prior to Trump (because history existed prior to him, contrary to what some posters/Travellers appears to believe). With a little extra helping of praying it doesn't blow up on them on the side.

    But Iran was great. So we have that going for us...

    Iran was adhering to the treaty, even Pompeo said so. And even in placing sanctions back on Iran Trump gave so many waivers that the sanctions are actually meaningless. That's why the price of oil has fallen so fast, the impact of the loss of Iranian oil in international markets was already baked into the price and then the sanctions turned out to be toothless so the price of oil collapsed.

    So now we have weak sanctions and no treaty and no inspections and the rest of the western world that was also party to the treaty is pissed at us because we are unstable and unreliable bullies and friggin Iran looks like the wronged party. Is that winning?

    As for the DPRK, Trump met personally with Kim which solidified his regime both internally and with China and in exchange for nothing we have stopped all war game and training activity with the South Koreans while the DPRK keeps on building more bombs and ICBMs. Now Kim is demanding that we ease sanctions or he's going to restart missile tests and now we look like unstable and unreliable bullies and Kim looks like the reasonable one that wants to make peace. So even more winning?

  10. #60

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Trump has no issues with the murder in Turkey of a legal US resident working for a US newspaper. Trump is giving a complete pass to the Saudis for killing Jamal Khashoggi, who was a writer for the Washington Post. A murder, according to the CIA, ordered by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman over his criticism in the US paper of the Saudi Royal family.

    In fact, Trump was even considering shipping another legal US resident, Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen, to Turkey so that he could be killed by Turkish President Recep Erdogan. You know, to smooth over the death of Jamal Khashoggi in Turkey at the hands of the Saudis. Not extradite, Erdogan isn't interested in that, just send him on over for his likely killing.

    World leaders Trump praises and says he likes include Recep Erdogan, Mohammed bin Salman and Vladimir Putin.

    But he can't stand Angela Merkel, Justin Trudeau, Teresa May and Emmanuel Macron.

    Winning?

  11. #61

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Trump has no issues with the murder in Turkey of a legal US resident working for a US newspaper. Trump is giving a complete pass to the Saudis for killing Jamal Khashoggi, who was a writer for the Washington Post. A murder, according to the CIA, ordered by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman over his criticism in the US paper of the Saudi Royal family.

    In fact, Trump was even considering shipping another legal US resident, Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen, to Turkey so that he could be killed by Turkish President Recep Erdogan. You know, to smooth over the death of Jamal Khashoggi in Turkey at the hands of the Saudis. Not extradite, Erdogan isn't interested in that, just send him on over for his likely killing.

    World leaders Trump praises and says he likes include Recep Erdogan, Mohammed bin Salman and Vladimir Putin.

    But he can't stand Angela Merkel, Justin Trudeau, Teresa May and Emmanuel Macron.

    Winning?
    We are getting SCOTUS justices to reverse Roe v Wade and gay marriage. That's all many of his supporters care about.

  12. #62

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Trump has no issues with the murder in Turkey of a legal US resident working for a US newspaper. Trump is giving a complete pass to the Saudis for killing Jamal Khashoggi, who was a writer for the Washington Post. A murder, according to the CIA, ordered by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman over his criticism in the US paper of the Saudi Royal family.

    In fact, Trump was even considering shipping another legal US resident, Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen, to Turkey so that he could be killed by Turkish President Recep Erdogan. You know, to smooth over the death of Jamal Khashoggi in Turkey at the hands of the Saudis. Not extradite, Erdogan isn't interested in that, just send him on over for his likely killing.

    World leaders Trump praises and says he likes include Recep Erdogan, Mohammed bin Salman and Vladimir Putin.

    But he can't stand Angela Merkel, Justin Trudeau, Teresa May and Emmanuel Macron.

    Winning?
    There's a whole lot more involved in that decision than meets the narrow eye. lf Trump had tact he would have explained it better. Yes, there are the billions in business. But to alienate SA would be to alienate the balancing power to the Iranians. Any block to weapons or oil would just drive SA to Russia or China. That would be a really bad thing. You would also likely end any more progress liberating of women in SA. Any significant block to business, technology or parts for their O&G would likely cause a significant rise in oil prices. Take that further, hi prolonged oil prices = worlwide inlation, interest rates and economic stagflation.
    Unfortunately, this is one of those cases you have to hold your nose and go on with, perhaps, some deeply veiled CIA threats nicely communicated to SA.

  13. #63

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    There's a whole lot more involved in that decision than meets the narrow eye. lf Trump had tact he would have explained it better. Yes, there are the billions in business. But to alienate SA would be to alienate the balancing power to the Iranians. Any block to weapons or oil would just drive SA to Russia or China. That would be a really bad thing. You would also likely end any more progress liberating of women in SA. Any significant block to business, technology or parts for their O&G would likely cause a significant rise in oil prices. Take that further, hi prolonged oil prices = worlwide inlation, interest rates and economic stagflation.
    Unfortunately, this is one of those cases you have to hold your nose and go on with, perhaps, some deeply veiled CIA threats nicely communicated to SA.
    Couple of things are happening at the same time. Trump said something stupid by essentially green lighting murder of dissidents. At the same time we don't want to strengthen Iran by abandoning SA. Ironically Trump is doing the same thing pretty much any level headed president would do, except all the others basically just ignored the situation all together and kept their mouths shut, wishing it away more or less.

  14. #64

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    However, in context, it's worth noting Trump has said on many occasions the press are the enemy of the people and has promoted violence against members of the press where other presidents have not. Where "any level headed president" might be complicit by inaction, Trump is complicit both by action and inaction.

  15. #65

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    However, in context, it's worth noting Trump has said on many occasions the press are the enemy of the people and has promoted violence against members of the press where other presidents have not. Where "any level headed president" might be complicit by inaction, Trump is complicit both by action and inaction.
    Apparently that's what it takes to open peoples' eyes. However, I have a feeling that people will be happy to close them back up once we get another one of those "level headed presidents" that does exactly what Trump does but doesn't tell you (or tells you the opposite). Pick your poison.

  16. #66

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Couple of things are happening at the same time. Trump said something stupid by essentially green lighting murder of dissidents. At the same time we don't want to strengthen Iran by abandoning SA. Ironically Trump is doing the same thing pretty much any level headed president would do, except all the others basically just ignored the situation all together and kept their mouths shut, wishing it away more or less.
    l'm very skeptical he could have just ignored it because of the way the press badgers him. They would have pressed the point and said his silence = approval. Remember why Iraq said they invaded Kuwait? This is almost a no-win situation but Trump could have given what he said a lot more thought - but we all know he rarely gives anything much thought.

  17. Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    https://taxfoundation.org/trump-tari...tional-impact/

    The $42 billion of tariffs imposed so far are estimated to reduce after-tax incomes by 0.30 percent on average. This negative effect is more pronounced for households in the middle and lowest quintiles, reducing their after-tax incomes by 0.33 percent.

    For taxpayers in the middle quintile, this represents a decrease of $146 in after-tax income.

    If threatened tariffs are all imposed, after-tax income for households in the bottom and middle quintiles would fall by an additional 1.04 percent, higher than the average decrease of 0.92 percent.

    Table 1. Impact of Tariffs Imposed by the Trump Administration

    Source: Tax Foundation Taxes and Growth Model, April 2018

    Tariff Revenue (billions $2018) $41.95
    Long-run GDP -0.12%
    GDP (billions $2018) -$30.43
    Wages -0.08%
    FTE Jobs -94,300

  18. #68

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    312,000 Jobs Added In December, Manufacturing Growing 714% Faster Under Trump Than Obama

    The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics released its December jobs report Friday morning, showing nonfarm employment was up by 312,000, stronger than analysts expected.

    Manufacturing jobs are growing at a 714% faster clip under Trump than over a similar time under Obama , and;
    Under Obama, federal state and local government employment grew 6 times faster than did manufacturing jobs, while under Trump, that ratio has been reversed, with manufacturing jobs growing 5 times faster than government jobs.

    Looking at manufacturing, the government report noted that 32,000 jobs were added in December with 19,000 of the gain being in the durable goods component. In 2018, manufacturing employment increased by 284,000 with some three quarters of the gain over the year being in durable goods manufacturing, an indication that President’s Trump’s policies are likely causing a shift of manufacturing back to American soil.

    This is remarkable due to the widespread belief that it wasn’t possible—President Obama himself said in June 2016 that manufacturing jobs “are just not going to come back,” and New York Times columnist and economist Paul Krugman claimed on November 25, 2016, “Nothing policy can do will bring back those lost jobs. The service sector is the future of work; but nobody wants to hear it.”

    The tax cuts President Trump signed into law in December 2017 were no doubt key to the sustained rise in job growth. But, perhaps even more important for manufacturing, a sector of the economy typically subject to more government red tape than the service industry, have been the Trump Administration’s deregulatory efforts.

    According to the federal government’s own rule-making tracking system, the Trump Administration has implemented 2.7 significant deregulatory actions for every one added through October of last year, for a net regulatory savings of $33 billion. As this is the federal government’s own accounting, the projected savings likely understate the real world effect, as new regulations along with regulatory uncertainty, act to dissuade investment and hiring.

    The employment results are clear: in the last two years of President Obama’s administration, our elites declared manufacturing dead while government added six times the jobs the number of jobs our factories added; while in two years of President Trump’s economic policies, our factories have added five times more employees than government. This is the formula for a stronger, more prosperous America.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde...mpression=true

  19. #69

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    I get that people like Trump because he's standing up to political correctness and SJWs and he is nominating anti-abortion and anti-gay SCOTUS justices, but seriously he is destroying this country and endangering our collective future. It's amazing that 40% of Americans continue to almost worship him.

    Never mind what people like about Trump. Why doesn't the corruption, the lies, embarrassing gaffes, administration turnover and general incompetence matter?

  20. #70

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I get that people like Trump because he's standing up to political correctness and SJWs and he is nominating anti-abortion and anti-gay SCOTUS justices, but seriously he is destroying this country and endangering our collective future. It's amazing that 40% of Americans continue to almost worship him.

    Never mind what people like about Trump. Why doesn't the corruption, the lies, embarrassing gaffes, administration turnover and general incompetence matter?
    Your post is full of lies, and deflection on the positive changes in our core economy. Most is just filler with 0 facts to support, left recycled talking points.

  21. #71

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Trump currently has no Chief of Staff, Secretary of Defense, Attorney General, Secretary of the Interior, Ambassador to the United Nations or Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. The federal government is currently partially closed because he wants $5 billion for a wall. He still to this point has not provided any detail to congress on how his demanded $5 billion would actually be spent. None, despite closing government over it. This is the third government shutdown in his short time in office, and all three were started with a unified Republican government. Which has never happened before.

    Trump has been named in court documents as a participant in two criminal felony convictions and is subject to criminal investigations by The Special Prosecutor, The Justice Department for the Southern District of New York, The Justice Department for the District of Columbia, The New York State Tax Authority, The New York State Attorney General's Office, The New Jersey State Attorney General's Office and Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Trump is also being sued by attorneys general of New York, Maryland and Washington, D.C and several individuals. The New York State Attorney General just won a court order to close Trump's foundation, where they found the foundation was guilty of "rampant criminal behavior". And that's just what we know about.

    We are currently engaged in a trade war that has the stock market at an 18 month low and recently Trump has assisted a foreign power in the cover up of a murder of a legal US resident and journalist over the rulings of his own intelligence agencies.

    He's doing just great.

  22. Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Your post is full of lies, and deflection on the positive changes in our core economy. Most is just filler with 0 facts to support, left recycled talking points.
    Positive changes in our core economy = stocks having their worst year since 2008? Not to mention GM plants closing, the government partially shut down, and probably a few other things I'm missing because I'm too lazy to look them up? Those are positive changes?

  23. #73

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Positive changes in our core economy = stocks having their worst year since 2008? Not to mention GM plants closing, the government partially shut down, and probably a few other things I'm missing because I'm too lazy to look them up? Those are positive changes?
    What the left fails to understand is no leader of ours left or right has properly dealt with the unfair trade balance with China. We lost millions of jobs over decades.

    In any negotiation like this you have to be in a position of strength yet understanding it will hurt us too, temporarily. The greater good will come afterwards and for future decades. And once a deal is done the market will take off like bonkers. Patience is required but in our 100% negative news cycle there is none. And China is hoping for the left to win out but Trump is not caving.

    Back on topic Trumps economy is creating “great” jobs and especially manufacturing jobs. None of the posts talking about fake charges and fake collusion belong in this thread. Its nust typical deflection and trying to change the topic to fit narrative.

    This is an accomplishmemts thread. Leftist conspiracy theories belong in other threads labeled as such.

  24. #74

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Positive changes in our core economy = stocks having their worst year since 2008? Not to mention GM plants closing, the government partially shut down, and probably a few other things I'm missing because I'm too lazy to look them up? Those are positive changes?
    I don't think we should get into the business of conflating the stock market with the performance of the economy as a whole. After all, there are a number of metrics (wage growth is one) that are indicative of a healthy economy, but are viewed by investors as negative for equities.

  25. #75

    Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

    Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    What the left fails to understand is no leader of ours left or right has properly dealt with the unfair trade balance with China. We lost millions of jobs over decades.

    In any negotiation like this you have to be in a position of strength yet understanding it will hurt us too, temporarily. The greater good will come afterwards and for future decades. And once a deal is done the market will take off like bonkers. Patience is required but in our 100% negative news cycle there is none. And China is hoping for the left to win out but Trump is not caving.

    Back on topic Trumps economy is creating “great” jobs and especially manufacturing jobs. None of the posts talking about fake charges and fake collusion belong in this thread. Its nust typical deflection and trying to change the topic to fit narrative.

    This is an accomplishmemts thread. Leftist conspiracy theories belong in other threads labeled as such.
    Conspiracy theories? Just try and refute anything I posted.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Donald Trumps Trainer
    By Tundra in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-04-2016, 04:43 PM
  2. Trumps speech on the Iowa.
    By kelroy55 in forum Politics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2015, 11:07 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 03:06 PM
  4. Trumps October surprise
    By Roadhawg in forum Politics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 07:39 PM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 10:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO