Widgets Magazine
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627 LastLast

Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

Pulling out of Syria.

Who knew pulling out of a conflict with a NATO ally would have been a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Pulling out of Syria.

Who knew pulling out of a conflict with a NATO ally would have been a good idea.
    We weren't in a conflict with a NATO ally UNTIL we suddenly pulled out of Syria leaving an ally to die. For the Kurds, I'm not sure this isn't a good idea if it can be made permanent. The Kurds would be smart to declare their remaining territory a sovereign nation cut out of Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    We weren't in a conflict with a NATO ally UNTIL we suddenly pulled out of Syria leaving an ally to die. For the Kurds, I'm not sure this isn't a good idea if it can be made permanent. The Kurds would be smart to declare their remaining territory a sovereign nation cut out of Syria.
    We were fending off a NATO ally. Whatever you want to call it.

The Kurds are not our friends. The Kurds are enemies or our enemy. A convenient ally. In the end, they will be better off after this move, than if we had stayed. Casualties have been minimal, and they likely will get what they want sooner than if we stayed fending off a NATO ally.

Keep in mind too that they (the Kurds) are defending themselves from a group that we armed previously in order to overthrow the Syrian regime. It's like a little game we are playing with no actual benefit to our national security.

Asking the US to stay there is like asking the arsonist to stay there and put out the fire.

What was interesting to see was Romney on the Senate floor pontificating about what would happen after the deal was already done....and getting praised for standing up "to the Man".

We were fending off a NATO ally. Whatever you want to call it.

The Kurds are not our friends. The Kurds are enemies or our enemy. A convenient ally. In the end, they will be better off after this move, than if we had stayed. Casualties have been minimal, and they likely will get what they want sooner than if we stayed fending off a NATO ally.

Keep in mind too that they (the Kurds) are defending themselves from a group that we armed previously in order to overthrow the Syrian regime. It's like a little game we are playing with no actual benefit to our national security.

Asking the US to stay there is like asking the arsonist to stay there and put out the fire.
    With due respect, thats not the way our military personnel in place saw it, including a lot of special forces personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    With due respect, thats not the way our military personnel in place saw it, including a lot of special forces personnel.
    unfortunately thatís not what really matters in the big picture, what he said is true. What should have been there instead of us is a UN peacekeeping force but apparently they were unwilling... Turkey is a NATO member...the Kurds immediately changed sides and aligned with Assad...

We need to be smarter about our presence in the Middle East. We have no business trying to be the police there... If anyone, that should be the UNís job... The hatred that runs between the Shiites, Sunnis and Kurds is a war that may never end, even before you ever get to us and the Israelis... the best we can hope for is to contain it and not let it consume us... thatís no small thing...

What was interesting to see was Romney on the Senate floor pontificating about what would happen after the deal was already done....and getting praised for standing up "to the Man".
    No, it's just Romney is the only Republican in the Senate with any balls. What he's pontificating about is it looks like once again the business genius tried to play a game of chicken with somebody and the Turks called his bluff. Just like the house democrats did. Face it, nobody's buying Trump's bull**** other than the bubbas that show up at his rallies. It's looking an awful lot like our commander in chief got played by Turkey. Yeah that's right, Turkey!

Eric, go read the letter to Ergodan. Are you kidding me?

National Review just posted a story that Ergodan threw the letter in the trash after reading it.

Is this clown even going to be in office when we have the G7?
    South Florida in June? Nice!

P.S. Yesterday had absolutely nothing to do with the media. Drumpf did this to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    No, it's just Romney is the only Republican in the Senate with any balls. What he's pontificating about is it looks like once again the business genius tried to play a game of chicken with somebody and the Turks called his bluff. Just like the house democrats did. Face it, nobody's buying Trump's bull**** other than the bubbas that show up at his rallies. It's looking an awful lot like our commander in chief got played by Turkey. Yeah that's right, Turkey!

Eric, go read the letter to Ergodan. Are you kidding me?

National Review just posted a story that Ergodan threw the letter in the trash after reading it.

Is this clown even going to be in office when we have the G7?
    South Florida in June? Nice!

P.S. Yesterday had absolutely nothing to do with the media. Drumpf did this to himself.
    First time I have ever heard anyone accuse Mittens of having a...uh...spine.

Again, dumping on Trump makes you a celebrity.

Being Trump and doing things your predecessor did, only without the Congressional workarounds gets you impeached.

Turkey, while technically an ally, is no friend. I don't care if their despot didn't like a letter from our President. They are evil trash that do inhumane things to their own people. And I don't mean that they have male and female bathrooms either.

Military intelligence learned of Baghdadi's location at the same time Pelosi and Schiff made a trip to the area (during the cease fire).

Both had initial reactions upon the terrorist death of irritation that they were not informed.

Probably nothing, but if it were Trump and a Russian hotel, they would be impeached by now.

It cracks me up every time this thread comes back up and I see the grammatical error in the title. Tells me just about everything I need to know.

That people that can't spell have a keener sense of humor?

Irony is that you probably don't understand how telling this is of yourself and your apparent low bar of evidence.

I can't tell for sure (without looking deeper) but it appears that a college degree actually makes you more likely to vote for Trump if you are NOT white. Interesting.

I can't tell for sure (without looking deeper) but it appears that a college degree actually makes you more likely to vote for Trump if you are NOT white. Interesting.
    Would that make you favor affirmative action?

Quote Originally Posted by bdp View Post
    would that make you favor affirmative action?
    hah!

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Would that make you favor affirmative action?
    No...we should not have laws that take race into consideration as it is a non-immutable characteristic. We are all equal under the law.

Now...privately, I am for all manner of organizations focusing on this race or that in order to further whatever cause they see fit.

It would make me discount all those "studies" linking education to voting patterns. Honestly, it would take much less than that for me to discount them. They are not scientific in the first place. They don't ever have a control. It's essentially anecdotal evidence to fit the author's agenda.

Didn't post anything about this the other day when it flared up because I just didn't know much about it. After doing a little reading, I still am a bit confused as to what the hubub was about. It seems Gallagher was clearly innocent of what he was originally accused of. As I missing something?

https://www.navytimes.com/opinion/20...allagher-case/

And if one of our vet posters could clear this up I would be very grateful as well. Gallagher was actually convicted of posing with a corpse...and ordered to serve 4 months for it (max) which he didn't have to serve any of it because he had already been held longer than that prior to the trail. This charge I understand it does NOT include a dishonorable discharge. In other words he can be honorably discharged with this on his record. I guess I may not understand what the charge actually means. It sounds rather disgusting on its face, but maybe it isn't as dishonorable as it sounds.

19. Default Re: Trumps Accomplishments

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0913e6f7865cf

"With his Thanksgiving vacation, President Donald Trumpís golf hobby has now cost Americans an estimated $115 million in travel and security expenses ― the equivalent of 287 years of the presidential salary he frequently boasts about not taking.

Of that amount, many hundreds of thousands ― perhaps millions ― of dollars have gone into his own cash registers, as Secret Service agents, White House staff and other administration officials stay and eat at his hotels and golf courses.

The exact amount cannot be determined because the White House refuses to reveal how many Trump aides have been staying at his properties when he visits them and will not turn over receipts for the charges incurred."

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0913e6f7865cf

"With his Thanksgiving vacation, President Donald Trumpís golf hobby has now cost Americans an estimated $115 million in travel and security expenses ― the equivalent of 287 years of the presidential salary he frequently boasts about not taking.

Of that amount, many hundreds of thousands ― perhaps millions ― of dollars have gone into his own cash registers, as Secret Service agents, White House staff and other administration officials stay and eat at his hotels and golf courses.

The exact amount cannot be determined because the White House refuses to reveal how many Trump aides have been staying at his properties when he visits them and will not turn over receipts for the charges incurred."
    While I do suspect favoritism, and that far more of this has to do with personal choice than a directive, I am still interested to know if the number of government related stays at his resorts went up or down. Also, how much of this is for trips to Mar-a-Lago, where I am pretty sure the service detail, or a good chunk of it will stay in the same facility.

Regarding that last scenario, is the preference that he stay somewhere else? In all seriousness, Trump presents a dilemma we have never faced before. No president that I can recall (maybe Bush Sr) lived in a place that was palatial enough to host foreign dignitaries. Maybe it's something we never considered. That's how a lot of laws change, so maybe they come up with something now and codify what is and is not appropriate.

Mt. Vernon, Monticello, or more recently, FDR's home at Hyde Park seem pretty nice.

While I do suspect favoritism, and that far more of this has to do with personal choice than a directive, I am still interested to know if the number of government related stays at his resorts went up or down. Also, how much of this is for trips to Mar-a-Lago, where I am pretty sure the service detail, or a good chunk of it will stay in the same facility.

Regarding that last scenario, is the preference that he stay somewhere else? In all seriousness, Trump presents a dilemma we have never faced before. No president that I can recall (maybe Bush Sr) lived in a place that was palatial enough to host foreign dignitaries. Maybe it's something we never considered. That's how a lot of laws change, so maybe they come up with something now and codify what is and is not appropriate.
    I agree with this. One question, when Trump and his posse stay at Trump facilities, does the government get billed or are they comping it all since it is Trump?

The government pays. The Secret Service also spends millions a year renting at market rate a floor in Trump Tower because it is the designated home residence of the president. That is an expense that is incurred regardless of the fact that the president has only been there three or four times since he took office.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Mt. Vernon, Monticello, or more recently, FDR's home at Hyde Park seem pretty nice.
    While these estates are nice, and quite large for the average person, none offer the square footage and facilities that an entire resort, the size of Mar-a-Lago offer. It's just not even on the same scale. He can have multiple heads of state simultaneously, with room for all staff, with room to spare. It's just not the same.

While these estates are nice, and quite large for the average person, none offer the square footage and facilities that an entire resort, the size of Mar-a-Lago offer. It's just not even on the same scale. He can have multiple heads of state simultaneously, with room for all staff, with room to spare. It's just not the same.
    When this was first being reported, l heard a couple of non-Fox folks say Trumps place really was perfectly suited for this event, it was simply a matter of self-dealing.

Thread Information