Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Spaniard (formerly The Elliott)

Default Re: The Elliott

I clipped the letter from Villa Teresa in regards to their issues with project. The Elliot responded to each complaint very thoroughly and even made some minor adjustments based on the feedback. I won't post the responses as it would take up a ton of room on the board. But here are the original complaints:

Keep in mind the Villa Teresa group let by Marva Ellard are the only people raising any issues.

There were several letters in support of the project.

3. Default Re: The Elliott

Maybe this document is why Marva took 5-6 days to respond to each of my emails

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Maybe this document is why Marva took 5-6 days to respond to each of my emails
    meeting going on right now ..

marva still against and her attorney is presenting

Approved.

project approved at DDRC vote 4-2

I assume it's now a waiting game to see if they can get sufficient pre-sales to be able to start construction?

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    I assume it's now a waiting game to see if they can get sufficient pre-sales to be able to start construction?
    Correct.

They told me they have several units pre-sold.

I'm glad to see this got approved. It will certainly be a placeholder of sorts in midtown. I just hope they get enough presold to go ahead with construction.

Noticed the listings for these units are up. Penthouse listed @ $2.4MM. Still deciding if I want to get it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Noticed the listings for these units are up. Penthouse listed @ $2.4MM. Still deciding if I want to get it or not.
    Gonna file my taxes tonight. Will see how big the return is, might pick it up if things work out right. Here's hoping!

Let's see if this works... Hopefully this is a link to all the units on Zillow:

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...t/16_zm/0_mmm/

Are these turned so you at least get a skyline view?

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    Gonna file my taxes tonight. Will see how big the return is, might pick it up if things work out right. Here's hoping!
    Refund was not quite enough to cover it. Maybe next year.

Haven't heard much about this project lately, any updates Pete?

Believe they are still busy trying to sell enough units to start work.

Has there been any notable updates on this particular project, or has it gone the way of the OG&E Complex?

I've been wondering about this one as well. I was looking forward to seeing this addition to Midtown.

The property owners have made a shift and are now planning apartments; I don't believe they were able to get the interest/deposits needed for the condos:

What is that in the roof line on the bottom left corner of the picture? Seems like a good place to collect water and trash. Why wouldn't you just have the pitched roof line go all the way up. Plenty of other flat roof area for mechanicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    What is that in the roof line on the bottom left corner of the picture? Seems like a good place to collect water and trash. Why wouldn't you just have the pitched roof line go all the way up. Plenty of other flat roof area for mechanicals.
    It's Classen Commons, a senior living center.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's Classen Commons, a senior living center.
    I am referring to the first picture (sketch) of the proposed apartment where the pitched roof has a big square cut out of the top

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I am referring to the first picture (sketch) of the proposed apartment where the pitched roof has a big square cut out of the top
    maybe a roof top deck??

I like this. A bit of a drag to add an additional curb cut to that side of Classen. It would be nice to share the northernmost curb cut with the Heart Hospital parking lot (which is generally 60%+ empty even during business hours in my observation).

I am neutral about the angled parking. There is a precedent for this just further southeast along Classen where the three office buildings each have similar parking to what is proposed here. Still, I'd rather see this stretch of road go on a road diet down to 2 lanes instead of 4, and use the balance of space to create their parking while not doing away with the grassy area between sidewalk and street.

Sad to lose the potential tower, but forward motion on this empty lot for housing of a different sort would be nice to see.

Since building the apartments won't depend on the deposits that never materialized, are we likely to see this break ground in the near to mid future?

Thread Information