Widgets Magazine

Thread: Mick Cornett on the podcast City Journal - talking about his tenure as mayor.

1. Default Mick Cornett on the podcast City Journal - talking about his tenure as mayor.

Just an FYI if anyone is interested....

Mick Cornett on the podcast City Journal - talking about his tenure as mayor.

It's about 24 minutes long.

https://one.npr.org/?sharedMediaId=654317474:654317476

Default Re: Mick Cornett on the podcast City Journal - talking about his tenure as mayor.

I wonder what the heck he is going to do now?

Perhaps a role with the OKC Chamber?

Default Re: Mick Cornett on the podcast City Journal - talking about his tenure as mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Applying to the city manager opening.

4. Default Re: Mick Cornett on the podcast City Journal - talking about his tenure as mayor.

A lot of mayors who have presided over successful urban revitalizations of their cities (for instance Bill Hudnut or John Norquist) have gone on to work for planning and city advocacy related organizations (Urban Land Institute or Congress for the New Ubanism, respectively), taught at universities, etc.. And of course write books on the topic (he’s on his way with that one). Some become lobbyists, and depending on political winds some go work in administrations and agencies like HUD.

He not only presided over a city’s emergence on the national stage, he was very well know nationally in governance circles. Apparently more well known and respected nationally than in Tulsa or rural Oklahoma. He won’t be hurting for consulting and speaking work at the very least. And of course, I think he is still pretty involved with the media company which bears his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    And of course, I think he is still pretty involved with the media company which bears his name.
    Which does what, exactly?

6. Default Re: Mick Cornett on the podcast City Journal - talking about his tenure as mayor.

Which does what, exactly?
    Maybe ask him. I don’t know him that well, and I’m not a client. You asked for speculation regarding what he might do now and I answered with some information about what other mayors have done after leaving a long tenured mayorships which were generally regarded as successful. I have no insight regarding Mick’s business or his future plans.

I looked it up... The only thing he claims is to have been a Film Producer while mayor for that one documentary which couldn't have possibly made a profit.

The owner of Cornett Productions is his son. Mick does not list it on his Linked-In profile or in his bio for governor.

The only job I have ever found during his 14-year tenure as mayor was 2 years at Ackerman and McQueen while he simultaneously earned his MBA in New York.

During those 14 years, he bought 2 condos in the Centennial; one from Devon at below market cost and another for over half a million dollars. Total value for both is now in excess of $1 million.

Blog Entries

For a while Mick was on the local talk show - The Verdict with attorney Kent Meyers. I suspect his company produced that show but I could be wrong about that. Wasn’t a full time deal but something he did following his career in local TV.

http://www.theverdict.tv

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    For a while Mick was on the local talk show - The Verdict with attorney Kent Meyers. I suspect his company produced that show but I could be wrong about that. Wasn’t a full time deal but something he did following his career in local TV.

http://www.theverdict.tv
    love the ol' school geocities style site. seriously!

Thread Information