Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Rerouting Oklahoma Avenue at U-haul/Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They really should have made that an interchange. It would be better for pedestrians and no buildings will have direct access to this road so I don't understand the logic behind this.
    I don't think the traffic counts would warrant that, and there's probably no way to fit in the ramps and approach needed to reach a 16' bridge clearance since you have the railroad 300 feet to the west. Plus, you'd have to take ROW for the ramps and approach from the same properties the city deemed too expensive to take for connecting Oklahoma straight through.

Default Re: Rerouting Oklahoma Avenue at U-haul/Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by Scott5114 View Post
    I don't think the traffic counts would warrant that, and there's probably no way to fit in the ramps and approach needed to reach a 16' bridge clearance since you have the railroad 300 feet to the west. Plus, you'd have to take ROW for the ramps and approach from the same properties the city deemed too expensive to take for connecting Oklahoma straight through.
    You are probably right. I was thinking more when the COOP site was developed but even then I wonder how much traffic that would generate.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It is my understanding that Oklahoma Ave. will be shifted so the buildings won't have direct access to the OKC Boulevard, they will have access via Oklahoma Ave.
    Yes, correct. Oklahoma Ave. traffic will route around to the new intersection (Compress Ave.) and the light will be there. Maybe I was misunderstanding what you meant... you're talking about the business access through the old intersection.

Thread Information