Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Did the Theo's Donuts leave The Collective?

Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    Slim Chickens at SW 89th and Western is gone
    I am surprised it lasted that long, it seems business never do well in that location

3. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I am surprised it lasted that long, it seems business never do well in that location
    Really? It had been there for almost a decade..... OKC Pho and Louie's do pretty well right there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Really? It had been there for almost a decade..... OKC Pho and Louie's do pretty well right there too.
    Starbucks did not last long

Looks like the Carl Jr's at 240 and Penn is going to become a dispensary. I don't see how Oklahoma can support the number of dispensaries given the number of cards issued.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Looks like the Carl Jr's at 240 and Penn is going to become a dispensary. I don't see how Oklahoma can support the number of dispensaries given the number of cards issued.
    Yes, there was a building permit filed.

BTW, really appreciate your input on OKCTalk. You share a lot of good info.

The Parlor didn't close, and are reopening for takeout and delivery next week.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
    The Parlor didn't close, and are reopening for takeout and delivery next week.
    That’s kickass news.

9. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Not closed but I wonder about Cimarron Steak House. They’re only open from 4 o’clock on. No lunch which I think was a big draw for them. I go by at 5ish daily and the lot is empty. While not a 5 Star steak house it is an icon of the area and I would want it to stay around. I hope they can weather the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Not closed but I wonder about Cimarron Steak House. They’re only open from 4 o’clock on. No lunch which I think was a big draw for them. I go by at 5ish daily and the lot is empty. While not a 5 Star steak house it is an icon of the area and I would want it to stay around. I hope they can weather the storm.
    I think this place could use the same level of care that McClintocks has. I would love to see this used as a small country/western live music venue something similar to The Jones Assembly but with a heavier slant toward Country/Western. But I would want them to keep dinner service during the show as well as a GA/standing area in front of the stage.

11. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I think this place could use the same level of care that McClintocks has. I would love to see this used as a small country/western live music venue something similar to The Jones Assembly but with a heavier slant toward Country/Western. But I would want them to keep dinner service during the show as well as a GA/standing area in front of the stage.
    I actually stopped by there this morning because the “Temporary Hours” sign was taken down. There’s signs on the doors that say due to the increase in COVID cases they have closed. Doesn’t say if it’s temporary or ?

I actually stopped by there this morning because the “Temporary Hours” sign was taken down. There’s signs on the doors that say due to the increase in COVID cases they have closed. Doesn’t say if it’s temporary or ?
    No answer on their phone -- not even a recording.

13. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No answer on their phone -- not even a recording.
    That doesn’t sound good. Like I said before they aren’t the best steak place but they’ve been around forever. Just one of those places that’s just supposed to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Your comment has triggered my old memory: I recall this was build for the exact purpose you described. I think it was built as either Doc Severinsen's or Henson's. A country music focused nightclub built during the oil boom days circa 1982?

15. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Your comment has triggered my old memory: I recall this was build for the exact purpose you described. I think it was built as either Doc Severinsen's or Henson's. A country music focused nightclub built during the oil boom days circa 1982?
    OMG!!! I had completely forgotten that. I’m pretty sure it was Doc Severinsen’s. That’s why the upstairs is u shaped along the North end. So you could see the stage from up there.

^

Yep.

It's actually a lot like Tody Keith's in Bricktown. although Toby's place is way nicer.

I think it's safe to say we have plenty of live music venues in this this town; not enough patronage -- and that was true before the virus.

Sooner Legends in Norman closed along with the hotel.

Blog Entries

OMG!!! I had completely forgotten that. I’m pretty sure it was Doc Severinsen’s. That’s why the upstairs is u shaped along the North end. So you could see the stage from up there.
    Only time at Doc Severinson’s was to see Ian Hunter in 1989.

I have a friend who worked as an admin at Cimarron Steakhouse, and she told me they have closed as of last Thursday. It was not just Covid that caused them to permanently close, but their owners were looking to retirement after many years of owning and declining sales.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    I have a friend who worked as an admin at Cimarron Steakhouse, and she told me they have closed as of last Thursday. It was not just Covid that caused them to permanently close, but their owners were looking to retirement after many years of owning and declining sales.
    Thank you for the update, that really sucks!

I remember when Doc Serverinson's opened. It was a big, splashy event heavily tied in with the old radio station KTOK. My mom and I won tickets to their opening where Doc himself performed. Gosh, now that I think of it, that has to have been close to 40 years ago. Geez.

This place opened in 1982 as Henson's Saloon and restaurant.

It operated as Doc Severinson's from 1983 to 1986.

It was briefly DeLuca's Gold Nugget in 1987.

It was rebranded as Doc's in 1988.

Then it was Old San Francisco Steakhouse after that and was repossessed by the bank in 1990.

Cimarron took over in 1991.

The building is 24,000 square feet which is roughly the size of The Criterion or the Bricktown Events Center.

23. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Then it was Old San Francisco Steakhouse after that and was repossessed by the bank in 1990.

The building is 24,000 square feet which is roughly the size of The Criterion or the Bricktown Events Center.
    I’m not sure anything like The Criterion or BEC would work right there but the basic interior layout would be pretty close already.

I’m not sure anything like The Criterion or BEC would work right there but the basic interior layout would be pretty close already.
    It never worked there and it really hasn't worked at the Criterion or Bricktown.

It's about 2% venue and 98% booking ability.

29 years of Cimarron Steakhouse is a very good run, not alot of restaurants last that long these days

Thread Information