Widgets Magazine
Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Jackson View Post
    I tend to wonder about City Bites. The locations I frequent were almost never busy, even before the CV took control.
    I do not know why it did not go out of business years ago? Every time I pass by City Bites in Moore, it is always empty

Chef Beth Lyon announced on Instagram that Black Cat in The Collective is closed forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Chef Beth Lyon announced on Instagram that Black Cat in The Collective is closed forever.
    I never heard of it, was it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I never heard of it, was it any good?

I enjoyed it, it was one of the more expensive places at the collective.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I enjoyed it, it was one of the more expensive places at the collective.
    It is a shame it closed down permanently

I'm really surprised there have been so few permanent closings.

Of course, almost everyone got the PPP government loan which will keep everyone going for 2 months.

We'll see what happens after that, but I wouldn't expect restaurant business to be anywhere near pre-covid #'s for quite some time.

7. Default Re: Restaurant closings

I'm really surprised there have been so few permanent closings.

Of course, almost everyone got the PPP government loan which will keep everyone going for 2 months.

We'll see what happens after that, but I wouldn't expect restaurant business to be anywhere near pre-covid #'s for quite some time.
    I’m surprised too. So many stay open normally by the skin of their teeth or so I hear a lot.
    I wonder how many that have been quiet will just fade silently away.
    Some are really eerie to me. Working near the airport I go by Cimarron Steak House daily. It’s really odd to see an empty lot at lunch time.

Keep in mind, if you take the PPP money you have to spend it on employees which means you have to open.

The rest test will be in 2 months once that money is spent. I fear we are going to have a big rash of closings then.

Keep in mind, if you take the PPP money you have to spend it on employees which means you have to open.

The rest test will be in 2 months once that money is spent. I fear we are going to have a big rash of closings then.
    Especially with people just not eating out as often.

Pei Wei in Moore has permanently closed.......

The Carl Jr's at 240 and Penn has a for lease sign as does the Mackie McNears/Western Sizzler across the street. I do know that Carl Jrs was paying about 8k a month in rent and the place needed a serious renovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    The Carl Jr's at 240 and Penn has a for lease sign as does the Mackie McNears/Western Sizzler across the street. I do know that Carl Jrs was paying about 8k a month in rent and the place needed a serious renovation.
    That Carl's Jr was always so empty so not terrible surprised. I wouldn't think it would stay empty long-term that is a very busy intersection. It's a shame that the I-240 maintenance is so lacking.

i was just over there yesterday at charleston's and noticed western sizzlin' but totally missed carl's jr... i'm hoping neither spot stays vacant for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    That Carl's Jr was always so empty so not terrible surprised. I wouldn't think it would stay empty long-term that is a very busy intersection. It's a shame that the I-240 maintenance is so lacking.
    That Carl's has been in trouble for a while now. That location was supposed to get dozed and rebuilt just like the one on 89th and Western did about four years (?) ago; in fact, it was supposed to happen right after that location was finished (told by someone who worked there), but it never happened. That Carl's was a particularly lousy location for access, too.

P.S. Western Sizzlin' shut down apparently everything (?) in OKC a few weeks ago. They'd posted Moore and Chickasha locations closing, but it rapidly expanded. Apparently, McNear was really close to retiring anyway, but COVD pushed the issue. They had really gone downhill the last several years.

16. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    P.S. Western Sizzlin' shut down apparently everything (?) in OKC a few weeks ago. They'd posted Moore and Chickasha locations closing, but it rapidly expanded. Apparently, McNear was really close to retiring anyway, but COVD pushed the issue. They had really gone downhill the last several years.
    The one on S Meridian has signs in front of the building that they are open. I haven’t been by during open hours so I can’t verify if they are.

Is Cimmaron Steakhouse closed for good, they do not have a facebook page, there phone is now disconnected?

18. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Is Cimmaron Steakhouse closed for good, they do not have a facebook page, there phone is now disconnected?
    I’ve wondered too. I go by there a lot and I’ve never seen anyone checking on things or anyone there at all.

I heard yesterday that Cimarron Steakhouse plans to re-open June 22nd and have temporary hours from 4pm to 10pm.

Noticed yesterday the Western Sizzlin on penn and 240 is no more and building up for lease, the moore western sizzlin confirmed last month they are not coming back, Is golden Corral on 240 not coming back as well, they are still closed. Seems like a lot of the Buffet style businesses got hit really hard.

Appears that Yummy Mummy Egyptian place downtown is closed which is a bummer, I just discovered it

The OKC Museum Cafe has a sign stating it is now closed. No indication of "takeout" or alternate hours; it appears to be permanently shuttered. A peek inside shows nothing but blank tables. I think she's done. Sad.

Looks like shorty smalls is gone here in okc, their web site only shows one location left in little rock and they took down their facebook okc page ( im guessing they took it down because i cant find it anymore)

Slim Chickens at SW 89th and Western is gone

Italia Express on Classen is also gone.

Thread Information