Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

Default Re: Restaurant closings

The Mule is going to Edmond. For sure.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    That place was gross, IMO - Looks like the Mule is going in that spot now.
    That spot is such a great location, and the last couple of places have been real misses (the so-called Irish pub, and the Zu). I'm looking forward to what the Mule folks can do there.

It's just a rectangular space but there is lots of exposed brick and the setting in downtown Edmond is pretty great.

I bet The Mule kills it there.

Whiskey Biscuit in Deep Deuce is shuttered for good. Shame, I loved that inferno burger.

Three concepts have now failed in that spot.

5. Default Re: Restaurant closings

This one really bums me out -- after 40 years, Norman's Misal of India Bistro has closed.

"Oklahoma's First Indian Restaurant Closes":
    http://www.oudaily.com/culture/oklah...b14177f23.html

What a bummer about Misal! Their beef bhoti kebab was one of my favorite Indian dishes anywhere. Hopefully another Indian restaurant can fill the absence in Norman, and in a better location in downtown or the Corner.

The Smoking Boar is permanently closed as of 11/4/19.

Mutt's on 23rd (not confirmed, but nothing has been done on the building since the windstorm closed them down)

Perez Truck Mexican on 23rd (not confirmed, but their last Yelp review was at the end of July, they went to new 9-5 hours at the beginning of August, and their last Facebook post was August 15)

Damn, I went to that Perez Truck restaurant once and had some very good verde enchiladas. I guess at least they still have their actual truck down around SW 44th and Western.

That weird little house has now been home to a few awesome restaurants but between the extremely small size and lack of visibility, I imagine it's tough to succeed there. At least El Fogon De Edgar reopened out by I-240.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Damn, I went to that Perez Truck restaurant once and had some very good verde enchiladas. I guess at least they still have their actual truck down around SW 44th and Western.

That weird little house has now been home to a few awesome restaurants but between the extremely small size and lack of visibility, I imagine it's tough to succeed there. At least El Fogon De Edgar reopened out by I-240.
    We ate there twice and liked it a lot, but yes, you're right, it's in an odd spot, parking's not great, not very visible (even though their new orange and blue paint scheme is bright), thought they may make it based on all the possible customers working right across 23rd in Shepherd Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Smoking Boar is permanently closed as of 11/4/19.
    What happened? Didn’t it only open four or five months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    What happened? Didn’t it only open four or five months ago?
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=45094

Here is the thread for it

Zaxby's closes 5 Oklahoma locations
    Must have to do with people in Stillwater complain of too many chicken places.

https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/st..._medium=social

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Zaxby's closes 5 Oklahoma locations
    Must have to do with people in Stillwater complain of too many chicken places.

https://www.stwnewspress.com/news/st..._medium=social
    I ate there a few times and it wasn't the greatest. In the Thunder programs last year there were free sandwiches with fries and drinks and the sandwiches were not that great. Not compared to Chick-fil-a and now popeys. Overall I though they were kind of expensive.

I thought it was overrated. Heavily salted and heavy grease. I always felt awful after eating it

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I thought it was overrated. Heavily salted and heavy grease. I always felt awful after eating it
    This is how I have felt at most chicken places. I thought Slim Chickens and Chicken Express to be the worst, followed closely by Popeyes. Can't say I remember what KFC was like, the last few times I tried going they were always out of the chicken I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I think that Zaxby's is one of the best chicken places. I think the worst has to be Raising Cains. The chicken at Cains has no taste at all if you don't use their sauce. If food needs sauce, then it is not worth eating.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnesa View Post
    I think that Zaxby's is one of the best chicken places. I think the worst has to be Raising Cains. The chicken at Cains has no taste at all if you don't use their sauce. If food needs sauce, then it is not worth eating.
    my problem with Zaxby's atleast the one in Moore, is that it did have a taste, the same taste as the fries, and the onion rings... all i could taste was the grease and so all of my food just had the same taste.

Of all the chicken spots, Cane's is the one that always seems busiest.

I've only tried it once but I found the chicken fingers there to be of high-quality tender breast meat and fried up crispy and relatively light. I never have even tried Zaxby's or Chicken Express or PDQ before it closed here. I've only had Popeyes after a long night out... Seems to hit the spot when nursing a hangover.

I don't think I've had Chick-Fil-A since the days of working in Crossroads Mall in the early 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Of all the chicken spots, Cane's is the one that always seems busiest.

I've only tried it once but I found the chicken fingers there to be of high-quality tender breast meat and fried up crispy and relatively light. I never have even tried Zaxby's or Chicken Express or PDQ before it closed here. I've only had Popeyes after a long night out... Seems to hit the spot when nursing a hangover.

I don't think I've had Chick-Fil-A since the days of working in Crossroads Mall in the early 80's.
    if you cound chick-fil-a as a chicken place it is the busiest and really it is not close ..

although the new popeyes chicken sandwich has upped thier game quite a bit ..

i am glad the zaxbys in MWC is still open as i find it far superior to Cains

Yes, CFA is always slammed. Even the one at Penn Square.

22. Default Re: Restaurant closings

I'm surprised you haven't eaten at a CFA since the 80s. Don't like the chicken? If it's not CFA for me, Cane's is easily the next one up.

The one on Reno is closed. Signs down everything. Gone

Zaxby’s or cfa

Just seems like there are about 2x more restaurants in place than the MSA can actually support.

Thread Information