Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They had a flood and had to close for repairs.

They'll reopen soon.
    Wife and I noticed on our evening walk that the windows were all covered up and thought it had closed already as well.

Glad to hear that it's still going to be open although with Big Truck next door, I don't really see myself going in there anyway. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Wife and I noticed on our evening walk that the windows were all covered up and thought it had closed already as well.

Glad to hear that it's still going to be open although with Big Truck next door, I don't really see myself going in there anyway. Lol.
    i would guess that within a year you will no loner have big truck as an option ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i would guess that within a year you will no loner have big truck as an option ..
    that would surprise me... i would think that it would be ted's cantina that's more of a risk. in the end, i think the two places appeal to slightly different demographics and so there is room for both, even if they're next door to one another... my guess is that they're both still around by this time next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    that would surprise me... i would think that it would be ted's cantina that's more of a risk. in the end, i think the two places appeal to slightly different demographics and so there is room for both, even if they're next door to one another... my guess is that they're both still around by this time next year.
    the first month teds was open big truck revenue was way way down ..

we will see if that continues .... but Teds taco has a better atmosphere and delivers more food for the same amount of money with bar service ...

This is purely anecdotal but Big Truck looked just as busy as I've seen them before. And that was before Ted's had their flood and had to close temporarily.

Big Truck closing in the next year is approximately as likely as it was that the Binkowski's were planning on building an Uptown Grocery in NE OKC after closing the Smart Saver at 23rd and MLK.

Lol. Big Truck isn't going anywhere. Especially not because of some bastardized chain restaurant that is only trying to capitalize on that corner because Big Truck is so successful.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the first month teds was open big truck revenue was way way down ..

we will see if that continues .... but Teds taco has a better atmosphere and delivers more food for the same amount of money with bar service ...
    I vaguely remember you claiming Big Truck would inevitably suffer even before Ted's opened. Who knows (esp with Covid) but BTT has a loyal following.

9. Default Re: Restaurant closings

A little off topic but we've been off topic. When OKC restaurants had to close down last spring a neighbor that was pregnant and craving pizza talked a pizza food truck into parking in front of their house one night. The then posted it on our neighborhood FB page. It did so well we've had food trucks every Thursday night since, weather permitting. I talked to her while waiting last night and she said food truck owners call her now instead of her calling them. Makes not going out much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    A little off topic but we've been off topic. When OKC restaurants had to close down last spring a neighbor that was pregnant and craving pizza talked a pizza food truck into parking in front of their house one night. The then posted it on our neighborhood FB page. It did so well we've had food trucks every Thursday night since, weather permitting. I talked to her while waiting last night and she said food truck owners call her now instead of her calling them. Makes not going out much easier.
    Yeah, it's something a lot of neighborhood hoa's are doing now. It's a great idea and I'm sure the food trucks love it. We recently lived in Warwick Estates and on food truck night in the clubhouse parking lot people would bring their own chairs and all sit in the lot and eat dinner. It was pretty cool.

11. Default Re: Restaurant closings

My HOA in CO does this, especially in summer. It's very popular then. They tried during cold, dark weather and it wasn't as popular. Most trucks are a bit pricey but also outstanding. We usually have two entree trucks and a desert truck.

First Watch has closed on Memorial along with two locations in Tulsa. The Goldie's Patio Grill location in midtown Tulsa has also closed.

https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment...=home-trending

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    First Watch has closed on Memorial along with two locations in Tulsa. The Goldie's Patio Grill location in midtown Tulsa has also closed.

https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment...=home-trending
    First Watch is now just First Bite. It is essentially the same menu.

Lido's closing on 3/31.

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    Any idea why?
    Walked past a couple times over the last week, the chairs are stacked on the tables, but it doesn't look open.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Lido's closing on 3/31.
    I saw that Lido's is re-opening. Phew!! That would have been a big loss. If y'all haven't been I highly encourage you to go as soon as it re-opens.

HangryHippo Guest

Did Someplace Else close? They've had "Closed for vacation" signs in the windows for weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Did Someplace Else close? They've had "Closed for vacation" signs in the windows for weeks now.
    That's probably anybody's guess. I've tried to eat there three times (never have been) and each time they were closed during their posted hours.

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    I saw that Lido's is re-opening. Phew!! That would have been a big loss. If y'all haven't been I highly encourage you to go as soon as it re-opens.
    Just an FYI that Lido has re-opened under its new ownership! They've been low-key open for the last few days. I haven't had a chance to go yet but people that have have said the food is essentially the same and even many of the same staff. Good news!

Quote Originally Posted by jompster View Post
    That's probably anybody's guess. I've tried to eat there three times (never have been) and each time they were closed during their posted hours.
    Can anyone confirm this? Vacation sign was down Saturday but they were still closed. Hope they open back up.

21. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Our local Schlotskys has closed off and on the last couple of weeks with signs up that they'll return to a normal schedule when they can hire sufficient staff.

Haven't eaten at one in decades, but noticed that Grandy's on NW 36th/Lincoln is closed because they didn't pay their taxes.

Classen Curve IHop chained and locked around the front door

Where is there an IHOP in the Classen Curve area? I don't recall an IHOP restaurant in the Classen Curve area at all.

25. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Where is there an IHOP in the Classen Curve area? I don't recall an IHOP restaurant in the Classen Curve area at all.
    Not exactly *in* Classen Curve, but there's one on Classen Blvd immediately south of I-44.

Thread Information