Widgets Magazine
Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    Any idea why?
    Here is what they said: "Many factors, including the 10 days without power, the soon to disappear patio weather and well the rest of 2020’s unfortunate events we have chosen to make a VERY sad and hard decision to take a break until early spring of 2021"

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    LIvegrass website is no longer functioning, and their facebook site is gone.
    That did not take long at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    That did not take long at all.
    the owners will likely reopen something in that spot but it will be a complete rebrand ..

4. Default Re: Restaurant closings

The Pump announced today that they're temporarily closing until the Spring. Makes sense with a majority of their seating being outside, but still hate to see it. Glad to hear it's only temporary.

The entire Taco Bueno chain has rapidly gone downhill. A manager told me once it was bought by a hedge firm and the founders bailed, everything changed. It's a shame because their beans are (were) the best.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    The entire Taco Bueno chain has rapidly gone downhill. A manager told me once it was bought by a hedge firm and the founders bailed, everything changed. It's a shame because their beans are (were) the best.
    Yeah, you could definitely tell when it changed hands. And, spot on about the beans. Refried beans is how you can tell the true quality of a Mexican restaurant. Taco Bueno used to have as good of beans as nicer sit down restaurants.

7. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    When Casa Bonita/Taco Bueno were the same owner they were soooooooo good. All the recipes for beans, rice, meat, queso, guac etc. were the same. We sometimes used TB for prep if we had a problem at CB and vice versa. Or swapped employees if one or the other were short. It hurts to see TB become the disaster that they've become. And yet we keep stopping there for drive thru occasionally on the way home hoping it will be better this time. Knowing that a definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I am so sad about Taco Bueno. I have been eating there for as long as I can remember and I am 54. It is the only fast food restaurant that I ever go to.

Not as good Bueno but one fast food chain that has literally become inedible for me recently is sonic. Apart from their horrible customer service the food is complete garbage and I have them one more chance last month and that was it. I might pop in once a year to see if they change but how sad to their food be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Not as good Bueno but one fast food chain that has literally become inedible for me recently is sonic. Apart from their horrible customer service the food is complete garbage and I have them one more chance last month and that was it. I might pop in once a year to see if they change but how sad to their food be so bad.
    I find that with Sonic it is the complete inconsistency that gets me, the locations by me are pretty solid with customer service. The food is either fresh and pretty solid for what it is, or it's complete trash because it's been sitting for way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    I find that with Sonic it is the complete inconsistency that gets me, the locations by me are pretty solid with customer service. The food is either fresh and pretty solid for what it is, or it's complete trash because it's been sitting for way too long.
    it's this... they have no consistency from franchise owner to franchise owner... and so you will find a group of them that are pretty good. and then a bunch that are just awful

When Sonic was locally managed and operated in Bricktown OKC it was pretty good.

When Sonic was sold to Inspire Brands a couple of years ago they said nothing would change.

Yeah, right.

Inspire Brands, google it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    When Sonic was locally managed and operated in Bricktown OKC it was pretty good.

When Sonic was sold to Inspire Brands a couple of years ago they said nothing would change.

Yeah, right.

Inspire Brands, google it.
    Are they sort of like Yum Foods? That company ruined every restaurant it got it's hands on.

Back when they owned Long John Silver's, I actually got a chicken plank that was like a McNugget.....processed and formed chicken meat. YUCK!!! I didn't go back for years, but luckily, when I did, LJS was back to real chicken tenders.

14. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Yeah. Sonic is another place we used to go to a lot but stopped a couple years ago. The two nearest us, 122nd & Council and Britton & Rockwell both really went downhill.

Via their Instagram, Magnolia Bistro (7th & Broadway) is closing for the foreseeable future after this Friday 12/4 (10:30am-2:30pm). Such solid food and sad news, Brielle's in MWC seems to still be going strong though.

Quote Originally Posted by snark0leptic View Post
    Via their Instagram, Magnolia Bistro (7th & Broadway) is closing for the foreseeable future after this Friday 12/4 (10:30am-2:30pm). Such solid food and sad news, Brielle's in MWC seems to still be going strong though.
    That's too bad. I thought their food was very underrated (and very good).

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Yeah. Sonic is another place we used to go to a lot but stopped a couple years ago. The two nearest us, 122nd & Council and Britton & Rockwell both really went downhill.
    Sonic is about at McDonald's level, and maybe lower depending what you get, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    Sonic is about at McDonald's level, and maybe lower depending what you get, in my opinion.
    I would say that on average, Sonic is below McDonald's level.

I still get an occasional good quality burger from McDonalds, as long as I don't go to the one at NW 164th & May. I haven't had a good burger from Sonic in years, and they used to be my favorite.

Whataburger is now my go-to.

Magnolia Bistro was super busy for lunch, great way to send them off. I'm pretty sure I got the last order of wings too. I joked a little with the very active cashier about never knowing how last days are going to go, whether no one shows up or everyone shows up. There was a little laugh and she said, "If only it was like this every day." Until we m(eat) again, Magnolia.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I would say that on average, Sonic is below McDonald's level.

I still get an occasional good quality burger from McDonalds, as long as I don't go to the one at NW 164th & May. I haven't had a good burger from Sonic in years, and they used to be my favorite.

Whataburger is now my go-to.
    I hope Whataburger doesn’t go downhill. They announced they will be expanding pretty quickly which I hope that come with decreased quality.

Let's please get back to discussing restaurant closings rather than Sonic and McDonald's.

Pump bar is closing for winter except on great-weather days. Says they will re-open in Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Pump bar is closing for winter except on great-weather days. Says they will re-open in Spring.
    Winter does not really have great weather days

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    Winter does not really have great weather days
    Next three days are going to be fantastic

TGI Friday’s on Memorial is permanently closed.

Thread Information