Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

1. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Ur/bun has been closed for a few weeks.

Hunny Bunny is expanding into their space.
    Sorry, out of towner question....the one on 23rd St.?

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Correct.

Sandwich Club's last day will be Jan. 31st.

4. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Planet Sub in downtown OKC (200 N. Harvey) is permanently closed.

That's a shame. I'd get a sandwich there regularly during trial weeks.

Feb. 1: Anatomy Wine Club

Hearing of Scottie’s Deli closing in about 2 weeks from people that work there.

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRyan View Post
    Shame if it's true. Started out great, but the last couple of times they kinda sucked, so honestly I won't be surprised if they do go...

Doesn't surprise me. That place was extremely empty the last few times I walked down to a show at Tower or Ponyboy, which you'd think would be prime time for them.

9. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRyan View Post
    I better use up my Gift Certificates!

I had really mixed experiences there at Scottie's; it was expensive for what it was worth. I will say that OKC needs more deli type restaurants across the board. I've found a good one in the office buildings at the Central Park office buildings off Lincoln between I-44 and NW 50th (Ten Arrows).

Terrible news about Scotties if true. I absolutely love this place. This and Maples were top 5 for me in town.

I enjoyed my sandwiches here more than katz back when they baked their own bread/cured their meat. Sacrilege, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I enjoyed my sandwiches here more than katz back when they baked their own bread/cured their meat. Sacrilege, I know.
    +1. Not sacrilege.
    Good heads up on Ten Arrows, but looks to be more of a coffee house cafe as opposed to a deli. Their coffees look nice however.

Ten Arrows has coffee and lattes, but they have a full food menu, including panini sandwiches (or cold if you'd like) and hamburgers, too. Very reasonably priced and hidden gem. I still consider them to be a "deli" because they have turkey, ham, etc., available with their sandwiches.

Snow Pea on Western has a sign posted on the door that they’re closed due to unpaid taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_Chipper View Post
    Snow Pea on Western has a sign posted on the door that they’re closed due to unpaid taxes.
    THAT explains why my calls to them today didn't go through. (But the Beef Broccoli from Great Wall was GREAT!)

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    THAT explains why my calls to them today didn't go through. (But the Beef Broccoli from Great Wall was GREAT!)
    Yeah they didn’t answer me last night, figured something was up. One of those places I feel like I’ve gone my whole life. Very sad to see it go.

18. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Yeah they didn’t answer me last night, figured something was up. One of those places I feel like I’ve gone my whole life. Very sad to see it go.
    Same. I've gone there for as long as I can remember, but I'm not surprised that they haven't paid their taxes. Curious if they'll close for good or get the tax situation figured out and keep the lights on.

Are these the same people who owned the Snow Pea restaurant that was at 178th & Kelly, in Edmond?

Snow Pea was never a bargain, but it was convenient, and I guess you pay a little more for that. Oops - PAID.

21. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Are these the same people who owned the Snow Pea restaurant that was at 178th & Kelly, in Edmond?
    I think that each store is owned by different families now, but I could be wrong.

There's a Snow Pea in "the pit" downtown, can't remember what the building just south of Leadership Square is called.

23. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by BridgeBurner View Post
    There's a Snow Pea in "the pit" downtown, can't remember what the building just south of Leadership Square is called.
    Are you referring to the Robinson Renaissance building that has restaurants in the basement?

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I think that each store is owned by different families now, but I could be wrong.
    I looked on Google maps and what was Snow Pea is now Pho Ben & Snowpea. I hadn't noticed the snowpea part of the sign before.

My wife and I enjoy their food, which probably means their days are numbered. It seems that every time we find a good Asian restaurant in the area, it goes out of business. The only one I don't worry about is Eggroll Express, since it seems like an institution for the UCO international students.

The Western & Robinson Renaissance stores had different ownership.

Thread Information