Widgets Magazine
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1339

Thread: Restaurant closings

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    I think the Bibbs smokehouse in Bricktown, in the Mantel Spot, seems to be closed. I could not find any info.
    It says temporary closed on google.
    That didn't last long. I wonder if they will return to Norman

2. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    That didn't last long. I wonder if they will return to Norman
    Bad partner. They would like to open NWOKC.

Seems Nashbird has shuttered its Edmond and Midwest City locations.

I just read a post that Nashbird will be closing their locations in Edmond, Norman, and Midwest City.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guide View Post
    Seems Nashbird has shuttered its Edmond and Midwest City locations.
    Sorry OKC Guide, somehow I missed that you posted this already.

No worries. I didn't know the Norman one closed as well. We tried to go to Edmond a couple of nights ago, only to find it closed. No answer at Midwest City, so we called 9th and they confirmed Edmond and MWC closing. They always seemed busy enough to us, but the owner confirmed it was a matter of them just not bringing in enough revenue.

405 Burger Bar has closed on Main Street in Norman.

And while not a restaurant, the Meat House has closed in Edmond.

8. Default Re: Restaurant closings

I don't think I ever saw anyone at the 405 Burger Bar on main. I guess people saw Golden Corral or Waffle House instead.

Seems like a massive cascade of closings lately. Is that just my imagination? Would be interesting to see on a graph # of restaurant closings over time.

Many operators tend to get way ahead of themselves when it comes to expansion and multiple locations. Just because you see several locations of a concept or different concepts from a group does not mean they are actually doing well. The margins are so thin that even quite busy restaurants make little to to no money often times. We have an awful lot of talented chefs and operators in the market now and competition is fierce.

It's a fact, IMO, that many of those who start new restaurants may be quite good at it but are lousy operators to keep it going and growing.

Many good operators are not good at starting a new concept, etc.

Not to mention the fact that it is very difficult to expand a successful concept without suffering an overall loss of quality and consistency across all locations

13. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Not to mention the fact that it is very difficult to expand a successful concept without suffering an overall loss of quality and consistency across all locations
    I was actually talking to a friend this week about how amazing it is that Cafe Kacao has never expanded despite always being insanely busy. Also their quality is consistent across many years. Coincidence?

14. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Chelinos is a perfect example of this. The original little store was amazing. The larger they got the worse they were.

15. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Denver has had a large number of closings of established restaurants this year. Each owner has blamed the recent increase in the minimum wage along with food inflation. An interview with one owner stated they typically operates on a 3-5% margin. When the minimum wage was increased 10% from last year to this, it blew their margins up so they got out of the business.

16. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Denver has had a large number of closings of established restaurants this year. Each owner has blamed the recent increase in the minimum wage along with food inflation. An interview with one owner stated they typically operates on a 3-5% margin. When the minimum wage was increased 10% from last year to this, it blew their margins up so they got out of the business.
    Yea, the restaurant business is exceptionally challenging even in an objectively good economy. When outfits like Wendy’s and McDonalds are charging $10/meal, you know that the cost inputs have to be just insane — and especially so for the small operators.

17. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Chelinos is a perfect example of this. The original little store was amazing. The larger they got the worse they were.
    I think the quality of Okie-Mex in general today is a far cry from what it was when Nino's, Cocino de Mino, and the original Ted's were in their hey days.

18. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I think the quality of Okie-Mex in general today is a far cry from what it was when Nino's, Cocino de Mino, and the original Ted's were in their hey days.
    This takes me back. Nino's was a family favorite on Expressway. Right next to Pioneer Pies and just down from Johnnie's. We spent a lot of Sunday lunches over in that area.

Mi Publeo Warr Acres announced it will be closing after 4 years. I loved their food.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Mi Publeo Warr Acres announced it will be closing after 4 years. I loved their food.
    They were good but I must be tripping. They announced this months ago and have been closed for months I thought

Their FB page post was from 9 hours ago.

Their FB page post was from 9 hours ago.
    My wife said they closed months ago but they weren’t sure if it would be oermanent. So the announcement today must have been making it official

23. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Ugh, they were my source for ridiculous amounts of queso.

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    They were good but I must be tripping. They announced this months ago and have been closed for months I thought
    They have been closed for months. The former owner runs the new Mexican place in Mustang just east of Walmart called Fiesta Mexicana.

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    They have been closed for months. The former owner runs the new Mexican place in Mustang just east of Walmart called Fiesta Mexicana.
    interesting...i'll have to try them out

Thread Information