Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Did they have a food truck? I feel like I have seen their name on a food truck in the past.
    Might be thinking of the Flying Pig.

Anyone know the sich with the Sonic at 23rd and Penn? Sign says they are remodeling, but its been closed for awhile, and nobody's been doing nuthin' there?

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    Anyone know the sich with the Sonic at 23rd and Penn? Sign says they are remodeling, but its been closed for awhile, and nobody's been doing nuthin' there?
    They have filed detailed plans that show a completely remodeled store.

Not sure why it's taking them so long to get started, as that location has been closed for a few months now.

Kamps 1910 closed their Edmond location at 33rd and Boulevard.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Kamps 1910 closed their Edmond location at 33rd and Boulevard.
    Wow, that really surprises me. I liked that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Wow, that really surprises me. I liked that place.
    As did I. I would stop in there and get lunch 2-3 times per week as it was probably one of the healthiest options in that area close to my office. There's a sign with the name "Wicked Hangry" in the window now and some work going on inside.

Union Wood-Fired Grill

Tsubaki Szechuan

Old Germany

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Union Wood-Fired Grill

Tsubaki Szechuan

Old Germany
    We were just at Super Cao Ngyuen this weekend and there was a banner for a new restaurant in the building were Tsubaki was. I wonder if it's the same people with a new restaurant concept, someone else took over Tsubaki's spot or if the new restaurant is in a different location in the building?

I don't recall what type of cuisine it was but I think it might have been Thai.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    We were just at Super Cao Ngyuen this weekend and there was a banner for a new restaurant in the building were Tsubaki was. I wonder if it's the same people with a new restaurant concept, someone else took over Tsubaki's spot or if the new restaurant is in a different location in the building?

Dave Cathey has an article about it, partners are splitting up and doing different things, can't remember the details, but it's on newsok.com somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post

Tsubaki was in the space where previously had been a Thai restaurant. Mr. Pho also closed and is re-opening with a new concept.

City Bites on NW 22nd/Classen has a sign in the window that says "Please visit our other locations", so I guess that one's closed now.

Dave Cathey has an article about it, partners are splitting up and doing different things, can't remember the details, but it's on newsok.com somewhere.
    https://oklahoman.com/article/562497...sing-temporary

City Bites on NW 22nd/Classen has a sign in the window that says "Please visit our other locations", so I guess that one's closed now.
    City Bites is one of those places that I used to go to all the time but nowadays I forget about.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    City Bites is one of those places that I used to go to all the time but nowadays I forget about.
    We occasionally go to the one on 59th/May, but there are so many other places to go, we don't do it much either. If we wanna do subs, we usually hit up Neptune on Classen.

Bummer. It was the one closest to work. Our company used them to cater lunches. Too far to go to either the N May or N Western locations.
    p.s. As of Friday evening, the corporate site still showed the Classen location as open.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Same here. We did City Bites all the time when the kids were little. They changed a lot in a short time, started farming out a lot of their operations, and the quality went down the tubes. After a couple of trips that were downright nasty, we just stopped going when it was clear CityBites just stopped caring. The sites we visited are long-since gone.

Wow, didn't realize Union Wood Fired Grill is already closed. How long did that re-brand last? I don't think it even made it for a 1 year. Seems like that is a cursed location. Odd considering the crazy traffic volumes at that intersection.

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    Wow, didn't realize Union Wood Fired Grill is already closed. How long did that re-brand last? I don't think it even made it for a 1 year. Seems like that is a cursed location. Odd considering the crazy traffic volumes at that intersection.
    It lasted six months to the day. It's crazy, isn't it? One of the busiest intersections in the city and that spot seems - well, you said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    It lasted six months to the day. It's crazy, isn't it? One of the busiest intersections in the city and that spot seems - well, you said it.
    Even though the traffic count through that intersection is huge, it's just a pain to get in and out of any of the corners unless you turn right into one of the corners while going down 63rd or May, then turn right back out of it when you leave. When we go to Petco in the SE corner's strip, we always turn right onto 63rd and take back streets to get to 59th to get back out on May going south. And the lot that Union/MMR is in is horrendous with the Batteries+ building, Chick-Fil-A, one other outlying building (I think there's one other bldg) and all the little islands and weird layout.

Even though the traffic count through that intersection is huge, it's just a pain to get in and out of any of the corners unless you turn right into one of the corners while going down 63rd or May, then turn right back out of it when you leave. When we go to Petco in the SE corner's strip, we always turn right onto 63rd and take back streets to get to 59th to get back out on May going south. And the lot that Union/MMR is in is horrendous with the Batteries+ building, Chick-Fil-A, one other outlying building (I think there's one other bldg) and all the little islands and weird layout.
    You know, that's a real good point. Busy intersection means nothing if the access is poor - and it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    You know, that's a real good point. Busy intersection means nothing if the access is poor - and it is.
    The Chick-Fil-A at that intersection is an absolute monster and makes that entire parking lot a nightmare with how busy they get.

Urban Taco at Robinson and Main has closed.

West has closed.

The Provision Concepts guys had taken it over but their deal only ran through the fall, and they decided to pull the plug.

The Johnnies group (Rick Haynes & Co.) still have a lease and made a big investment, so they may eventually try to restart something there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Urban Taco at Robinson and Main has closed.
    Interesting, they still have their food trailer set up in Yukon as of two days ago.

Johnnie's Express in Norman is now closed. They were open last week, and this morning have a notice saying the shop is closed and to visit the closest location in Moore.

Thread Information