Widgets Magazine
Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Boomerang Grille in Moore announced they are permanently closed as of Monday. They were originally located at SW 89th and Western until the landlords pushed them out of their lease prior to a major remodel, favoring a Goodwill sales center in the space. They had occupied the Moore space on Eastern for a couple of years but just couldn't bring in the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Just to make the above post a little more clear... it's just the I-240 location that closed today... All others remain open.
    I wonder if they will turn it into another Pauline's Southern Kitchen.

Probably the wrong thread to ask this. But does anyone know anything about Fox and Rye that was in the works at 15th and Broadway in Edmond? I thought they were set to open in March, but there is still no activity. Just a handwritten note on the door that asks for patience. I don't have any social media presence, so I'm not sure if they have posted any updates elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Curious View Post
    Probably the wrong thread to ask this. But does anyone know anything about Fox and Rye that was in the works at 15th and Broadway in Edmond? I thought they were set to open in March, but there is still no activity. Just a handwritten note on the door that asks for patience. I don't have any social media presence, so I'm not sure if they have posted any updates elsewhere.
    It could very well be that they are awaiting kitchen equipment.

Several operators have told me they have had to wait 6-9 months.

Mozz and Mari's last day is 9/10. Closing isn't financially motivated, and they plan to be back. Not sure when.

Apparently both Gogi Go locations have closed. Sad, as I really liked their kimchi and especially their fried tofu. Although I must say over the years the service at the Midtown location had gone way downhill. I had numerous instances of messed up and delayed orders. When I was last in a few weeks ago it was completely empty, completely dark behind the counter, and just overall kind of grim.

That's very sad for Midtown and The Edge, as apart from Commonplace Books, retail and restaurants have been a bit cursed.

I know the head chef at Gogi Go has been putting a lot of effort into Birdies.

In the Parlor is a relatively new place called Oh My Gogi:

https://www.parlorokc.com/kitchen/oh-my-gogi/

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Boomerang Grille in Moore announced they are permanently closed as of Monday. They were originally located at SW 89th and Western until the landlords pushed them out of their lease prior to a major remodel, favoring a Goodwill sales center in the space. They had occupied the Moore space on Eastern for a couple of years but just couldn't bring in the customers.
    Really? Everytime I go there, it is always busy but that really sucks though, their soup is good, I guess there is no more Boomerang Grille in Oklahoma?

Bethany has one. I think Yukon has one.

10. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Bethany has one. I think Yukon has one.
    No they have a Boomarang Diner not Boomerang Grille.

Last I knew there's still a Boomerang Grille (in a manner of speaking) in Heyday at I-35 and Indian Hills.

Ohhhh I didn't know there were two different Boomerangs.

It's probably been mentioned, but the On the Border on I-240 and Walker closed

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    It's probably been mentioned, but the On the Border on I-240 and Walker closed
    I am not surprised, it used to be good but it went downhill the past few years

15. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    I am not surprised, it used to be good but it went downhill the past few years
    So has the one on NW Exp. We used to be regulars but we quit going just before COVID shut everything down for a bit.

16. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by PM1 View Post
    Last I knew there's still a Boomerang Grille (in a manner of speaking) in Heyday at I-35 and Indian Hills.
    I think it closed and is now the simply called HD Grill.

Stone Sisters Pizza Bar has permanently closed. Signs notifying patrons of the closure are posted on their windows. Looks like they will be offering some of their pizzas/crusts through select Homeland stores, according to their FB page.

As posted in its own thread, Union Eatery (formerly Union at SoSA) has closed.

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    Stone Sisters Pizza Bar has permanently closed. Signs notifying patrons of the closure are posted on their windows. Looks like they will be offering some of their pizzas/crusts through select Homeland stores, according to their FB page.
    Man I know this place was super popular, but I got super sick after eating there the one and only time we went and never went back as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    And I believe they started offering MJ-infused pizzas at some point (obviously sold only through dispensaries), not sure if that ever got off the ground and if so, if it's still going. Last time we went there (a couple of years ago), they said they were trying to go nationwide with their grocery store offerings, so I'm not surprised they closed their physical restaurant.

Blog Entries

Just saw a Facebook post that Lua will be closing after Saturday. No other conformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    Just saw a Facebook post that Lua will be closing after Saturday. No other conformation.
    Man, that's the second time they opened for a short period of time and then subsequently closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    I don't see anything on their FB page about this (last post was back in Jun or Jul, I think), where did you see it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I don't see anything on their FB page about this (last post was back in Jun or Jul, I think), where did you see it?
    Lua in the plaza?

I was driving up May Ave and saw the demolishment teardown of the Armando's Mexican Grill. No idea how long it's been empty, but it is now just a pile of rubble being hauled off.

This is on N May and NW 58th, just East across from Best Buy & Home Depot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Armandos.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	17673

Thread Information