Widgets Magazine
Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

1. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    Looks like shorty smalls is gone here in okc, their web site only shows one location left in little rock and they took down their facebook okc page ( im guessing they took it down because i cant find it anymore)
    Looks like Meridian Market is pretty close to opening in the old Shorty Smalls building. Also, on up Meridian a bit, another Mexican fast food place where the Taco Bueno closed a couple years ago. I saw the name but I can't think of it now.

2. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Mexican fast food place where the Taco Bueno closed a couple years ago. I saw the name but I can't think of it now.
    I saw it a couple of days ago too and can't remember it... Hope the food is more memorable than the name.

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    AMinEdmond,
    I'm not sure why you think it would be a great spot, I have been there several times and more than once I was the only one in the place. Long term, it's a good location but short term, S & B will spend a lot of money.
    C. T.
    CT,
    It's a great spot/location because of where it's located-- high traffic, right by the street and the building is still newer and has a nice set up. Also - It's a fairly high income area also.
    You were probably the only person there because its been pretty widely known for a while that their service is Horrible and the food is average at best. That place had been dead for 2-3 years.

El Toro Chino in Norman is closing at the end of the month they announced on social media this week. Very sad to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    El Toro Chino in Norman is closing at the end of the month they announced on social media this week. Very sad to hear!
    kind of crazy too. because all of that construction for new dr offices is almost complete. i figured this place would make a fortune at lunch if they could wait till then

Anyone know what happened to Anchor Down in Deep Deuce?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Anyone know what happened to Anchor Down in Deep Deuce?
    Will reopen soon as Blok Bar.

Proprietors are former managers at Anchor Down.

Did Zorba's close? I just noticed that it just got listed for sell and the name and all recipes are being sold with the property.

I haven't seen The Shack Seafood and Oyster Bar on 63rd open at all since the initial COVID closures. Anyone know if they'll be coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    I haven't seen The Shack Seafood and Oyster Bar on 63rd open at all since the initial COVID closures. Anyone know if they'll be coming back?
    It will come back, it is just temporarily closed

We were just at Zorbas yesterday for lunch

12. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Graffiti in the Parlor is closing.

13. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Hungry Frog diner on 10th and Penn is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    Hungry Frog diner on 10th and Penn is closed.
    Bummer, wondered how long they'd last during the pandemic. Owner of it also owned the Cornucopia on NW Expressway, worked there in the 70s. He had recently given the Frog to his longtime cook, sadly not surprised they couldn't keep the doors open...

Reminds me of another one to report - Taco Bueno on 23rd just east of Penn is closed for good too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Bummer, wondered how long they'd last during the pandemic. Owner of it also owned the Cornucopia on NW Expressway, worked there in the 70s. He had recently given the Frog to his longtime cook, sadly not surprised they couldn't keep the doors open...

Reminds me of another one to report - Taco Bueno on 23rd just east of Penn is closed for good too.
    Not surprised, that was a pretty awful taco bueno

Quote Originally Posted by runOKC View Post
    Not surprised, that was a pretty awful taco bueno
    So in other words, it was a Taco Bueno lololol

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    So in other words, it was a Taco Bueno lololol
    The one on 66th/May has always been pretty decent for a fast-food restaurant, been going to that one for decades. They're too far away for us to do take-out from, though.

The one on 66th/May has always been pretty decent for a fast-food restaurant, been going to that one for decades. They're too far away for us to do take-out from, though.
    I've tried that one a few times and haven't been a fan, though admittedly I'm more of a Del Taco person when it comes to fast-food Mexican.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I've tried that one a few times and haven't been a fan, though admittedly I'm more of a Del Taco person when it comes to fast-food Mexican.
    Yep, all about preference. Grew up on Taco Bueno, won't ever do Taco Bell, and Del Taco's just OK.

20. Default Re: Restaurant closings

That one is an exception. We quit going to 39th & Meridian and NW Exp and Rockwell because they are unkept dumps. And it was hard for me being a former employee and devoted fan of Casa Bonita\Taco Bueno back in the heyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    That one is an exception. We quit going to 39th & Meridian and NW Exp and Rockwell because they are unkept dumps. And it was hard for me being a former employee and devoted fan of Casa Bonita\Taco Bueno back in the heyday.
    Ha, now that you mention it, I went to the NW Exp/Rockwell one twice and vowed never to again, so yeah, they have their bad ones. When they remodeled the 66th/May one, it seemed to be a "flagship" type of store, even had real plates at one point, so yeah, for some reason that one stood out amongst the other crap ones.

22. Default Re: Restaurant closings

I heard that Lua is closed for good. Can anyone verify that?

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    I heard that Lua is closed for good. Can anyone verify that?
    Lua is closed until Spring next year

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    Lua is closed until Spring next year
    Any idea why?

LIvegrass website is no longer functioning, and their facebook site is gone.

Thread Information