Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant closings

1. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Driving down Western yesterday and noticed that Bella Vista has closed and is now Tacos N Ganas.

Default Re: Restaurant closings

On a positive note, Snow Pea on Western has reopened.

this thread is going to become really long

and that is very very sad

Everyone is focusing on restaurants and hotels, but virtually every small- and medium-sized business is going to be screwed if this goes for more than 2 months.

The best hope is for longer term SBA loans. I'm already in the queue. They are talking about up to $2 million amortized out up to 30 years at a low interest rate. That will be the key for many businesses being able to come out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Everyone is focusing on restaurants and hotels, but virtually every small- and medium-sized business is going to be screwed if this goes for more than 2 months.

The best hope is for longer term SBA loans. I'm already in the queue. They are talking about up to $2 million amortized out up to 30 years at a low interest rate. That will be the key for many businesses being able to come out of this.
    So true. I really dont think people have fully grasp the reality of this yet. A lot of people are probably thinking this ends at the end of the month because that's the date a lot of places set. They are in for a rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    this thread is going to become really long

and that is very very sad
    Maybe we need a places that are still open thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Maybe we need a places that are still open thread?
    in 2 month we will

I'd say it's kind of good in that I've maybe started to believe all the bullet points I've laughed at about how OKC has become a foodie destination. Stuff is just going to get weeded out. However with current events, it's going to get very very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Driving down Western yesterday and noticed that Bella Vista has closed and is now Tacos N Ganas.
    Bella Vista closed a long time ago.

This seems like as good a place as any to ask...what happens at the end of this, when there are going to be hundreds of closed restaurants in every city that are basically going to be turnkey operations for someone else to take over? My Twitter feed has been 24/7 COVID-19 for three weeks now, I've seen discussions about nearly every imaginable aspect of this crisis, but I haven't found anything on this. Can't help but feel like we are going to lose a lot of unique spots and gain a lot more corporate concepts that have the $$$ to ride this out, which would suck, but wanting to see if anyone has a more optimistic viewpoint.

Feel free to move this to a separate thread as necessary.

11. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Bella Vista closed a long time ago.
    Why didn't you tell us sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    This seems like as good a place as any to ask...what happens at the end of this, when there are going to be hundreds of closed restaurants in every city that are basically going to be turnkey operations for someone else to take over? My Twitter feed has been 24/7 COVID-19 for three weeks now, I've seen discussions about nearly every imaginable aspect of this crisis, but I haven't found anything on this. Can't help but feel like we are going to lose a lot of unique spots and gain a lot more corporate concepts that have the $$$ to ride this out, which would suck, but wanting to see if anyone has a more optimistic viewpoint.

Feel free to move this to a separate thread as necessary.
    I believe we are soon just going to have to resume normalcy (with caution), because this goes far, far beyond restaurants.

Virtually every small and medium sized business faces the same specter and that would ruin our economy and way of life, perhaps beyond repair.

I believe we are soon just going to have to resume normalcy (with caution), because this goes far, far beyond restaurants.

Virtually every small and medium sized business faces the same specter and that would ruin our economy and way of life, perhaps beyond repair.
    Some reason for at least hopeful optimism that I think stokes the 15-day "campaign" here - some reports out of Italy are suggesting that in the peak areas they are *finally* starting to see a statistically relevant slowdown in cases. I've read so much stuff the last few days I can't remember particulars, but this actually listed a city. If I can find it I'll post a link.

I think the biggest concern right now are spring breakers seemingly detached from all of it. Glad the universities have largely shut down for at least a couple weeks afterward - wouldn't surprise me if OU went full online for the rest of the semester.

14. Default Re: Restaurant closings

The slowdown in cases is because of the isolation they are forcing. If there is no vaccine produced and everyone goes back to normal life, it will return.

This seems to be the big thing everyone here is forgetting. The critical cases in the US being so low is BECAUSE we've reacted so quickly and forcefully. If we return to 'normalcy' this thing will come with a vengeance. Thank god the professionals are the advisors on this.

^

As the testing has gone up dramatically, the number of severe cases has not. Severe cases are not going undetected and unreported because those people are in hospitals.

There is a huge difference between those who test positive and those who need serious medical attention.

I keep saying this, but if we don't see a big spike in serious cases over the next few weeks, we really just have to get back to relative normalcy with extra caution.

16. Default Re: Restaurant closings

I agree. This is a case, however, where we have to look at our local governments to make rational decisions based on local situations. Oklahoma is not New York or LA/SF/Seattle. W Virginia only just finally reported it's first case. In places away from the coasts where people are more spread out, our situations should improve a bit more quickly than in densely populated areas. However, if they normalize things too soon, the spread just becomes worse again.

I put hope on warmer weather coupled with more worldwide sharing of current drug combinations that seem to work plus multiple entities working on effective vaccinations.

17. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Wow... The coronavirus has spread to our Restaurant Closings thread now.... Just can't stop it!

^^^ it’s everywhere. I read this news update which has daily articles (except weekends) to get transportation related news and it’s even filled headlines here:
    https://news.transportation.org/pages/dailyupdate.aspx

Wow... The coronavirus has spread to our Restaurant Closings thread now.... Just can't stop it!
    90% of okctalk is now irrelevant because of this virus. The construction and othe economic activity happening are just going because of forward momentum. The engine has stopped.

90% of okctalk is now irrelevant because of this virus. The construction and othe economic activity happening are just going because of forward momentum. The engine has stopped.
    Actually, I think most construction projects that have started will just continue on.

Hopefully for the rest, this is just a pause.

21. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Actually, I think most construction projects that have started will just continue on.

Hopefully for the rest, this is just a pause.
    None of the developers my company work with have showed any sign of slowing down..... In our meeting yesterday I was handed a list with over 40 new projects that our residential developers want to push out in the next couple of months and we work with two of the bigger players in the market here..... Now I know that could always change, change is inevitable in engineering, but at this point in time they are not slowing down a bit.

None of the developers my company work with have showed any sign of slowing down..... In our meeting yesterday I was handed a list with over 40 new projects that our residential developers want to push out in the next couple of months and we work with two of the bigger players in the market here..... Now I know that could always change, change is inevitable in engineering, but at this point in time they are not slowing down a bit.
    I work in the construction industry. We are cautiously optimistic about projects that are near the starting line (financing lined up and in for permit) actually starting. All others will likely be put on hold especially if they don't have financing locked up. So I would expect a major drop off in new projects after the current ones get underway, and very little to no new development in 2021-22. It will be a rough next couple of years.

Question: Could someone verify for me whether Shogun in North Park Mall was still in operation prio to the COVD event? I had reservations there back in Feb, so I know they were in business then, but someone said they'd closed a few months ago. I hadn't heard anything like that. Their website is still up and there's no mention of closure on Yelp, but I thought I'd ask. I have no doubt they're closed right now due to the virus issue, but was just trying to verify they were in business before then. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Question: Could someone verify for me whether Shogun in North Park Mall was still in operation prio to the COVD event? I had reservations there back in Feb, so I know they were in business then, but someone said they'd closed a few months ago. I hadn't heard anything like that. Their website is still up and there's no mention of closure on Yelp, but I thought I'd ask. I have no doubt they're closed right now due to the virus issue, but was just trying to verify they were in business before then. Thanks.
    their last facebook post is from 22 hours ago... looks like they're open for takeout.

https://www.facebook.com/ShogunOKC/

^

There was a Yelp review on March 8th and I never heard anything about them closing before the virus mess.

Thread Information