Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 19 & 23 NE 6th

Default Re: 19 & 23 NE 6th

Nice recovery from the middle building collapse (assuming I have that right, I was never entirely sure what happened).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    This looks so good in person, but the city HAS to do something about 6th St. It's ridiculous.
    Can you please elaborate? I mean, I know the issues I have with 6th, but curious what your issues are...

The last two are inside City & State:

So when do they open? It looks really nice. I can see it being a venue to host live bands.

After many delays, they are getting close.

My best guess is they'll be opening in about a month. I'll check in with the owners to see if I can pin them down.

It's really nice to see some walkability along 6th street with the sidewalks, buffers (trees, concrete) and the buildings facing out. 6th street has been such an afterthought for pedestrians. How was the traffic when a lane of 6th was closed for construction on this project? If it wasn't bad, it would be great to see one lane converted into parking and/or a protected bike lane to continue growth along 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    It's really nice to see some walkability along 6th street with the sidewalks, buffers (trees, concrete) and the buildings facing out. 6th street has been such an afterthought for pedestrians. How was the traffic when a lane of 6th was closed for construction on this project? If it wasn't bad, it would be great to see one lane converted into parking and/or a protected bike lane to continue growth along 6th.
    I drive this about every day as I work close to OUHSC. It wasn’t bad at all in the morning or on the way home, but I don’t usually get over there until 8:45 or so. Interested to see what 7-8am and 5-6 pm was like. I feel like with the redevelopment of the furniture store to the west of the train tracks, this road could really use a road diet.

Thread Information