Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 19 & 23 NE 6th

Default Re: 19 & 23 NE 6th

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    is there some kind of fine or issue with (effectively) demolishing a building without a permit?

Hopefully they can at least use the same brick on the outside...
    Yes, because the building is in a design review district and the original plan was to restore what was there.

Not sure if they went back through the process for the change, but I assume they did otherwise there could be big trouble, like the demolition of the stairs at 400 N. Walnut.

Blog Entries

definitely not the original brick

Thanks Pete for the update photos...looks to be a nicely done project so far.

Really hoping Parlor can stay afloat for this development to finish. This area has been a blackhole of activity that the Pandemic really threw a wrench into. Love vibes here when it is nice out.

Now if we can get 6th street fully P180'd, then we will be cooking.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Really hoping Parlor can stay afloat for this development to finish. This area has been a blackhole of activity that the Pandemic really threw a wrench into. Love vibes here when it is nice out.

Now if we can get 6th street fully P180'd, then we will be cooking.
    This, but especially the second part. 6th needs some TLC.

Pete, it looks like Skydance Brewery may have started work on their new facility on 7th street, based on the last picture. Can you confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Pete, it looks like Skydance Brewery may have started work on their new facility on 7th street, based on the last picture. Can you confirm this?
    Yes, work has started.

HangryHippo Guest

This little block looks so good.

Yes, will be a nice little concentration with The Parlor, this large restaurant and bar and a new brewery just to the north (in the background of the 2nd photo above).

I'm sure The Yard will reopen at some point, which is just to the west, as is Magnolia.

Will be very easy to walk between them all and all of them will have nice, large outdoor space.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, will be a nice little concentration with The Parlor, this large restaurant and bar and a new brewery just to the north (in the background of the 2nd photo above).

I'm sure The Yard will reopen at some point, which is just to the west, as is Magnolia.

Will be very easy to walk between them all and all of them will have nice, large outdoor space.
    Do we know what the new restaurant is or who is behind it?

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Do we know what the new restaurant is or who is behind it?
    It's called City + State.

I think the development owners hired an experienced GM.

They have been moving very slow lately; hopefully things will start to speed up again.

Blog Entries

I know they meant well, but that hodgepodge of brick...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    I know they meant well, but that hodgepodge of brick...
    Maybe it's just me, but I think that's what gives it a nice street appeal as multiple buildings vs a monochromatic single facade.

21. Default Re: 19 & 23 NE 6th

^^^^^^^
    Based on the original rendering it looks like the easternmost building might still be waiting for a coat of paint to unify the brick types. For the record I'm no fan of painting unpainted brick, which is discouraged by the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Historic Preservation because it creates a longterm maintenance issue that never existed, and can create catastrophic spalling issues with (generally softer) historic brick and mortars. That said, I get the appeal when you are having to rebuild certain portions of a façade.

Also, I'm pretty sure than in the photos to date the masonry has yet to be acid washed, which will remove a bunch of the extra grout from repointing and new bricklaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Pretty hilarious how we think OKC is "becoming more dense," and then you see a pic like this and realize actual serious density is at least a decade away.

No judgment, just an observation.

23. Default Re: 19 & 23 NE 6th

but you must agree that this is the densest OKC has been since probably 1970 and definitely going in the right direction. ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

HangryHippo Guest

This looks so good in person, but the city HAS to do something about 6th St. It's ridiculous.

Thread Information