Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Dallas cop goes in wrong apartment and kills resident.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInTheCapitol825 View Post
    The only evidence you have is what you've read.
    If you believe this was a simple "oops" moment for a tired officer, I have swampland in Florida for sale.
    I understand the situation is not perfect. The victim is obviously unable to give any testimony about what happened. It's a terrible situation all around. But you critiquing those for taking the word of investigators for it, while you are using nothing but your gut as evidence is kind of laughable.

2. Default Re: Dallas cop goes in wrong apartment and kills resident.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Disgusting comment. Cop hater are we? She should pay for what she did but it's not like she went there looking to kill anyone.
    Truthfully, we don't know what her intentions - if any - were until the investigation is complete. And even then we may still not fully know what her intentions were that night. The whole situation is still pretty disgusting though even if the "mistaken apartment" story is legitimate.

3. Default Re: Dallas cop goes in wrong apartment and kills resident.

Lots more info coming out, I'd say there's almost no way she accidentally went into his apartment based on what's in this story about the doors, keys, and apartment numbers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-neighbor.html

Bullet points from the article:

Police officer Amber Guyger, who fatally shot her black upstairs neighbor Botham Jean, claimed that his door was already ajar when she entered at 10 pm
    But video obtained exclusively by DailyMail.com shows that the doors in the Dallas apartment building automatically slam shut if let go
    A second video shows Guyger could not have used her key to force open his door
    Apartment door numbers are also clearly visible and lit up in neon
    DailyMail.com can also reveal that Guyger had made noise complaints about Jean, 26, to the building management in the days before his death.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Truthfully, we don't know what her intentions - if any - were until the investigation is complete. And even then we may still not fully know what her intentions were that night. The whole situation is still pretty disgusting though even if the "mistaken apartment" story is legitimate.
    It is, admittedly, starting to look a little more disgusting.

5. Default Re: Dallas cop goes in wrong apartment and kills resident.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I understand the situation is not perfect. The victim is obviously unable to give any testimony about what happened. It's a terrible situation all around. But you critiquing those for taking the word of investigators for it, while you are using nothing but your gut as evidence is kind of laughable.
    LOL, you want read the reports coming out now about this or do you still want to take some investigators word?
    And besides, if critique is what you want to bring up here, what about all the talk of being a cop hater towards someone that expressed their disgust with this being as fishy as the sea?

Do I think this officer deserves a "fast track to the death penalty"? Of course not.

But the more and more that comes out about this, the more it appears that she was, at the very least, lying in the affidavit.
    Add to the fact that the police took way too long to arrest her after, and I'm no longer willing to take an investigator's word.
    If you can't admit a level of shadiness to all of this, then you are blind.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Lots more info coming out, I'd say there's almost no way she accidentally went into his apartment based on what's in this story about the doors, keys, and apartment numbers.

Police officer Amber Guyger, who fatally shot her black upstairs neighbor Botham Jean, claimed that his door was already ajar when she entered at 10 pm
    But video obtained exclusively by DailyMail.com shows that the doors in the Dallas apartment building automatically slam shut if let go
    DailyMail.com can also reveal that Guyger had made noise complaints about Jean, 26, to the building management in the days before his death.
    If true then there's a motive. Noise . This is looking like an intentional murder if what DailyMail reported is true.

7. Default Re: Dallas cop goes in wrong apartment and kills resident.

While Daily Mail is a pretty laughable "news" source - I can see a scenario where Guyger comes home after a long day, the neighbor upstairs is making noise, she goes up there and gets into a confrontation and then makes the decision to shoot him. To me, that would fall under "plausible" and IF true would be damning and certainly escalate this to murder. This could also explain the accounts where Guyger was calling for him to "open up" or "come out."

That said, even race baiting legal whore Crump was NOT alluding to any of that when he was speaking to NPR yesterday. So, I'd like to see this truly vetted out before I simply take DM's word for it. Regardless, interesting and certainly possible.

8. Default Re: Dallas cop goes in wrong apartment and kills resident.

Three things that do work against the theory above is the fact Guyger parked on the wrong floor of the parking garage, she was carrying her police gear at the time of the shooting and it appears Botham was not at his door when he was shot (Guyger was) and he was several feet away down the hall.

That said, there is a report of a noise complaint issues that day from the downstairs neighbor.

Time will tell.

They seized the electronic locks to his and her apartments and the associated data. It will be interesting to see if those support her claims the door was open when she got there.

10. Default Re: Dallas cop goes in wrong apartment and kills resident.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    They seized the electronic locks to his and her apartments and the associated data. It will be interesting to see if those support her claims the door was open when she got there.
    Or if she actually tried to open his door with her key.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    If true then there's a motive. Noise . This is looking like an intentional murder if what DailyMail reported is true.
    That will be a hard stretch for even the best prosecutor to make. Noise complaint leads to murder? Sound plausible? Not to me, but I am not a lawyer. Just a pleb who thinks linking noise complaints and murder is very far-fetched.

I have a 2019 truck that makes a small beeping noise whenever I get close to the car in front of me. One day I wasn't in the mood and smashed the crap out of the display cause it beeped just once. Any other day it wouldn't even bothered me. Basically, some days the smallest things will make you loose it.

13. Default Re: Dallas cop goes in wrong apartment and kills resident.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    That will be a hard stretch for even the best prosecutor to make. Noise complaint leads to murder? Sound plausible? Not to me, but I am not a lawyer. Just a pleb who thinks linking noise complaints and murder is very far-fetched.
    Oh please. People are murdered in the heat of the moment over trivial matters all the time. Popcorn being tossed on them, getting cut off in traffic, how long of a list would you like? 100% plausible, just a matter of if that’s the reality or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    I have a 2019 truck that makes a small beeping noise whenever I get close to the car in front of me. One day I wasn't in the mood and smashed the crap out of the display cause it beeped just once. Any other day it wouldn't even bothered me. Basically, some days the smallest things will make you loose it.
    You destroyed your new truck’s display because it beeped once to let you know you were too close?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post

DPD could do themselves a lot of favors by attempting to appear impartial and just let this thing work itself out. I understand it's like if your family member is accused of something terrible, your first instinct is to deny it, or find mitigating circumstances. But they just don't have this luxury at the time.

17. Default Re: Dallas cop goes in wrong apartment and kills resident.

And now more info (and yeah, it's Daily Mail, deal with it, it's an exclusive to them), uglier and uglier...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ck-cancer.html

18. Default Re: Dallas cop goes in wrong apartment and kills resident.

And now more info (and yeah, it's Daily Mail, deal with it, it's an exclusive to them), uglier and uglier...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ck-cancer.html
    Just couple of thoughts.....

1.) Automatically closing doors is indeed interesting.

2.) If by "giving different stories" they are solely relying in written accounts from officers, then I don't give them much credit. Locally speaking, often the critical facts in police reports don't even come close to matching the audio/video recorded statements. I'd want to compare transcripts, not recollections of different officers.

3.) If our memes are gonna start pointing to our guilt then I apparently know a lot of serial killers in my personal life.

19. Default Re: Dallas cop goes in wrong apartment and kills resident.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    3.) If our memes are gonna start pointing to our guilt then I apparently know a lot of serial killers in my personal life.
    Shouldn't police (who can be, and certainly was in this case, judge, jury, and executioner) be held to a higher standard than your average person?

I didn't read that last article but I did see a video a few days ago purported to be of the doors in the building and showing they have closers on them. There could still be an explanation, like his wasn't adjusted right or something got caught in the door. I'm not defending her story, just waiting for everything to come out.

^ That's where recorded door lock data might help if it shows a time stamp of when it was locked and unlocked.

This is the video of the door closer making the rounds: https://www.facebook.com/melissa.ann...type=3&theater

A police officer who claimed she killed a Dallas man in his own apartment in the mistaken belief that he was in her home was indicted Friday on a murder charge, authorities said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/30/us/da...ean/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    A police officer who claimed she killed a Dallas man in his own apartment in the mistaken belief that he was in her home was indicted Friday on a murder charge, authorities said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/30/us/da...ean/index.html
    I do not think they will win a murder charge. Manslaughter, yes. Murder, is a little more unclear. I have doubts she was just really wanting to kill someone that evening. But we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    She intended to kill him, it wasn't an accident. That's murder. That her reason to want to kill may have been faulty can be mitigating, but her intent was clear and successful.

Even if he was accidentally in HER apartment, she had no reason to kill him, he was unarmed and posed no threat. Just another American cop with a shoot first and ask questions later attitude. It's how they are trained and it's wrong. American cops are way too fast to shoot and kill way too many people.
    Looks like I was right, it's not manslaughter, she's now up on murder charges.

It seems like there are a lot of obstacles for an unplanned killing which should have clued her in.

Thread Information