Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Since it looks like there is multiple business on those lines with rail docks, they might actually be moving out at rush out due to the shift end, thus nothing more will be loaded that day (granted if there is a later shift might be why their is switching is happening their to get a fresh train for new shift) and is due to arrive somewhere probably hundreds of miles away (since if it were closer then would likely be sent by truck). If that is the case sending them earlier is probably not really feasible, depending on the strength of their employee's union later may risk some type of bonus pay, thus more likely to be intransigent about waiting till after rush.
Now that I've had to deal with BNSF through my employer, I can tell you that fitting that spur traffic onto the main seems to be the chief determinant of when it moves. We can load our trains and have the available power to move them but have them sit for 12-18 hours depending on traffic on the main. They will sometimes go ahead and move them, but park them in the south OKC freight yard for 18-24 hours until traffic clears.