Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Williams Sonoma

Default Williams Sonoma

At Penn Square. Closed until further notice due to a flood.

Default Re: Williams Sonoma

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo1 View Post
    At Penn Square. Closed until further notice due to a flood.
    I saw that the other day.

Looks like most the merchandise is still in place so not too worried about them just staying shut.

Blog Entries

I understand they are working on it to re-open in near future, but not sure the time table.

Another flood at Penn Square?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Another flood at Penn Square?
    Just what I was coming to ask.

I really wish they would open a stand alone store maybe along I-40 or something. I really like going through their store at Penn, gives me something to do along with the Lego store, but only having one location in the city is a let down, especially as Penn has these flooding issues recently.

Does the flooding have anything to do with the former lake?

Blog Entries

I don’t believe this was a sudden event but rather water damage over time from what may have been a water leak situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I saw that the other day.

Looks like most the merchandise is still in place so not too worried about them just staying shut.
    Haven't been back in in a while - is Gap still closed from the flood over a year ago? It flooded that entire wing...

I believe that both Gap and Williams Sonoma are making repairs from the flood a while back. They were waiting on the mall's insurance to pay for the repairs. Williams Sonoma was able to stay open without repairs but now that the money situation was taken care of the stores are now repairing the damage.

Blog Entries

Don’t know about Gap, but think there may be some mold remediation that is being done in Williams Sonoma due to the prior water issues.

WS in Penn Square is permanently closed. . . was at the mall today and all of their windows were empty and sign on the door said closed. Called when I got home and the lady who answered said they were closed permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    WS in Penn Square is permanently closed. . . was at the mall today and all of their windows were empty and sign on the door said closed. Called when I got home and the lady who answered said they were closed permanently.
    Oh darn... I would rather have Williams Sonoma over Potter Barn...

I believe there was an on-going feud over flood damage.

I went by there a few weeks ago to spend a gift card and they were still not letting customers in to shop, apparently due to the flood damage. That's too bad, but at least we have Sur La Table for expensive kitchen stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I went by there a few weeks ago to spend a gift card and they were still not letting customers in to shop, apparently due to the flood damage. That's too bad, but at least we have Sur La Table for expensive kitchen stuff!
    hopefully they will look for another location in the Metro to go on... i think the Sears location in Sooner mall is still empty...

Would be cool in phase 2 Chisholm Creek or Oak developments. Could also see it in Spring Creek expansion if that ever happens or great opportunity for Quail Springs to try and capitalize on.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    hopefully they will look for another location in the Metro to go on... i think the Sears location in Sooner mall is still empty...
    . . .hopefully somewhere in the metro area. . otherwise I'll have to go to Tulsa! After this last ice storm, may be looking to move anyway

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    Would be cool in Oak development.
    If that development isn’t dead, I love this.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    If that development isn’t dead, I love this.
    . would love this as well!! Selfishly hopefully it will be in the core or close ripples from that.

Didn't shop there much myself but it was definitely my go to gift card place for couple friends lol.

What a shame. You would think Simon would offer up one of the empty storefronts to them since Sur La Table is in town and Williams Sonoma is typically a destination store. The Microsoft space maybe? And you would think Williams Sonoma would still want a presence in OKC since Sur La Table has been closing stores around the country in recent months.

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    What a shame. You would think Simon would offer up one of the empty storefronts to them since Sur La Table is in town and Williams Sonoma is typically a destination store. The Microsoft space maybe? And you would think Williams Sonoma would still want a presence in OKC since Sur La Table has been closing stores around the country in recent months.
    The Microsoft Store went out?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    The Microsoft Store went out?
    They announced in June they were permanently closing all their stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They announced in June they were permanently closing all their stores.
    Hmm, I usually liked to spend some of my waiting time in there while the lady folks shopped... I guess I'll have to find something else to do.

It hs been downhill for time-wasting stores... I used to spend my time waiting in the book store, then Apple(before they got too busy), then the MS store... I usually spend a lot of time at WS, but I always ended up making a purchase, so I started spending less time in there, haha.

Thread Information