Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lime Scooters

Default Re: Lime Scooters

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    Good article!

Let's take this a step further. Riders must be 18 years old, but there isn't anything (that I'm aware of, but I could be wrong) requiring a rider to possess a valid driver's license as a condition of use. Would the mandatory driver's license revocation provisions of Section 6-205 apply to a conviction of DUI for scooter use? It would appear the answer is yes, as the statute makes no distinction between types of "motor vehicle". I'd be curious as to your thoughts on this.
    The license revocations under 47 OS 6-205 as well as the provisions under 753 and 754 would still apply. For the non lawyers (or normal people as my wife would say), 6-205 requires mandatory license loss upon conviction for DUI or APC. 753-754 requires the officer to take your license if you blow over the legal limit (.08 or .02 if under 21) or if you refuse to take the test. This can be challenged by requesting a hearing within 15 days though. The license loss is for 6 months if first offense. You can drive with an ignition interlock in the car in most cases. After 6 months, you can reinstate but if you refused the test or blew over a .15....you have to install an interlock on your car for 18 additional months.

There probably aren't many people aware of this right now. I hadn't thought of it until your article.

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    There probably aren't many people aware of this right now. I hadn't thought of it until your article.
    I saw an article about an arrest in California which got me thinking about it here in OK. I didn't consider the license ramifications until you brought it up. Thanks

You're welcome. Muddling through stuff like this, and how medical MJ will affect the workplace and schools, is interesting.

If an FAA-licensed pilot receives a DUI/DWI citation (not conviction - merely a citation), they must notify FAA within 60 days, and they should expect an extensive, lengthy follow-up including suspension during the investigation. For this reason I would oppose treating “impaired scootering” the same as impaired driving . Unintended consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    If an FAA-licensed pilot receives a DUI/DWI citation (not conviction - merely a citation), they must notify FAA within 60 days, and they should expect an extensive, lengthy follow-up including suspension during the investigation. For this reason I would oppose treating “impaired scootering” the same as impaired driving . Unintended consequences.
    Under 14 CFR 61.15, just receiving a citation doesn't trigger notification requirement, notification is required within 60 calendar days of the effective date of an alcohol and/or drug related conviction or administrative action. However, on the Medical...you have to list all dui arrests when you renew.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...dwi_reporting/

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Saw a 25ish girl and her significant other at the airport in a wheelchair with her leg in a cast. Someone said to her there must be a good story behind the cast to which she replied, "electric scooters are a lot of fun until they aren't." Seems she was going to run into a car, tried to get off the scooter and broke her ankle.
    So wearing a helmet would do no good. Overall body armor, maybe, but who wants to do that? People better ride them more cautiously or not at all. In turn, if they're in your town and driving look out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Under 14 CFR 61.15, just receiving a citation doesn't trigger notification requirement, notification is required within 60 calendar days of the effective date of an alcohol and/or drug related conviction or administrative action. However, on the Medical...you have to list all dui arrests when you renew.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...dwi_reporting/
    Yep. Here's a little expansion on what you said for benefit of pilots on the board. This indicates that notice is required within 60 days of a failing or refusing a blood or breath test (that’s the “administrative action”), not a conviction:

Reporting Requirements
    Under 14 CFR 61.15, all pilots must send a Notification Letter (MS Word) to FAA’s Security and Hazardous Materials Safety Office (AXE-700) (formerly Civil Aviation Security Division (AMC-700)) within 60 calendar days of the effective date of an alcohol and/or drug related conviction or administrative action. In 14 CFR 61.15(c), alcohol and/or drug related convictions or administrative actions refer to motor vehicle actions (MVA).
    Notification Letters
    Note: Each event, conviction, or administrative action, requires a separate Notification Letter. For example, an airman’s driver license may be suspended at the time of arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol for either:
    Failing a blood/breath test
    Refusing to test
    The airman must send a Notification Letter for the suspension, then send a second Notification Letter if the alcohol and/or drug related offense results in a conviction. Even though the airman sent two notification letters, FAA views the suspension and conviction as one alcohol and/or drug related incident.

O0fClick image for larger version. 

Name:	37879467_10212387335865948_2524921783379820544_n.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	14945

I couldn't believe how many Lime scooters were at Pump Bar last night when I stopped in for a beer while on a bike ride. It felt like Denmark, except with scooters instead of bicycles. Issues aside it is pretty refreshing to see so much pedestrian activity around the city from the use of these scooters.

Blog Entries

Last time I was there they were all across the street at Good Egg.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    I couldn't believe how many Lime scooters were at Pump Bar last night when I stopped in for a beer while on a bike ride. It felt like Denmark, except with scooters instead of bicycles. Issues aside it is pretty refreshing to see so much pedestrian activity around the city from the use of these scooters.

There was a locally organized Lime scooter event going on last night where a group of folks scooted from place to place. I think they scooted to Capitals/Bocce court after. It's great seeing so many people out on the streets though! I have seen people on scooters going from place to place that probably would have driven to their desired location before.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    Yep. Here's a little expansion on what you said for benefit of pilots on the board. This indicates that notice is required within 60 days of a failing or refusing a blood or breath test (that’s the “administrative action”), not a conviction:

Reporting Requirements
    Under 14 CFR 61.15, all pilots must send a Notification Letter (MS Word) to FAA’s Security and Hazardous Materials Safety Office (AXE-700) (formerly Civil Aviation Security Division (AMC-700)) within 60 calendar days of the effective date of an alcohol and/or drug related conviction or administrative action. In 14 CFR 61.15(c), alcohol and/or drug related convictions or administrative actions refer to motor vehicle actions (MVA).
    Notification Letters
    Note: Each event, conviction, or administrative action, requires a separate Notification Letter. For example, an airman’s driver license may be suspended at the time of arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol for either:
    Failing a blood/breath test
    Refusing to test
    The airman must send a Notification Letter for the suspension, then send a second Notification Letter if the alcohol and/or drug related offense results in a conviction. Even though the airman sent two notification letters, FAA views the suspension and conviction as one alcohol and/or drug related incident.
    I agree the admin action must be reported. However, In Oklahoma, a refusal or test failure does not automatically trigger an admin action.....you have the right to challenge it. The administrative action is the suspension of the driver's license. When you blow over the limit or take the test...you have the right to an administrative hearing (the Department of Public Safety hearing must be requested within 15 days) at which time if you lose....you will have an administrative action and at that point that starts the 60 days for reporting. If we are successful in avoiding the administrative action (the suspension of the license), then no reporting is required unless conviction (still have to list on medical though). There is no administrative action unless the department takes your license.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Last time I was there they were all across the street at Good Egg.
    There were 5-6 outside STAG tonight

Thread Information