Widgets Magazine
Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 166162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2118

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...s-sec/45336665

Looks like some season ticket holders on the west side will be losing their seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...s-sec/45336665

Looks like some season ticket holders on the west side will be losing their seats.
    some people will have to MOVE seats .. because of this REQUIRED change

It looks like this actually presents an opportunity to upgrade for a lot of these people, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    It looks like this actually presents an opportunity to upgrade for a lot of these people, too.
    for a big increase in donation

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    for a big increase in donation
    Well, of course. lol

I guess it could suck for some people if there aren't enough seats available at the same donor rate, but I'm sure there are probably enough people not in those sections that do want to pay for an upgrade for the others to slide into their seats.

Does the Big 12 have restrictions on where the student section can be?

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

University of Oklahoma Softball Stadium Project

Love's Field https://thesoonerclub.com/sports/sof...tadium-project

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Well, of course. lol

I guess it could suck for some people if there aren't enough seats available at the same donor rate, but I'm sure there are probably enough people not in those sections that do want to pay for an upgrade for the others to slide into their seats.

Does the Big 12 have restrictions on where the student section can be?
    Bad news for those who will lose the shade of the west side for the sun of the east side. Especially if the price of seating is the same.

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

https://www.rateyourseats.com/oklaho.../seating-chart

OU football changes student and visiting team seating ahead of 2024 SEC move: https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-fo...e9e71c03a.html

From the above link.
    Due to SEC regulations, which requires the home team's student section to be on the opposite side of the field from the visiting team bench, OU's student seating will move from its 2023 spot of sections 26-30 to its revised location of section 20 rows 6-28 and sections 22-28.

The move adds 369 additional seats to the student section and creates a more intimate environment.

SEC regulations also require visiting team seating changes. The conference requires 2,000 visiting team seats inside the lower bowl, the Big 12 didn't require any visitor seating in the lower bowl.

The new visiting team seating will be in sections 15 and section 16 rows 6-28 and 57-72.

10. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    some people will have to MOVE seats .. because of this REQUIRED change
    Including me. I’ve been in section 16 for 25 years. I’m getting straight-up screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Including me. I’ve been in section 16 for 25 years. I’m getting straight-up screwed.
    But at least you are not losing your seats. Lol

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

13. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    But at least you are not losing your seats. Lol
    How do you mean? In the graphic I saw, my entire section will be on the receiving end of a forced relocation.

14. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Yep, there are plenty of unintended consequences when universities or pro sports ball teams (i.e., the OKC Thunder) get too greedy.

Not trying to start an argument here but I'm curious, how does moving the student section make the university greedy?

How do you mean? In the graphic I saw, my entire section will be on the receiving end of a forced relocation.
    Because you will still have a seat, just in a different area. Your move is required to be in compliance with SEC requirements. It sucks, sure. But there is nothing anyone can do about it, unless you petition the SEC to change (good luck).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    Not trying to start an argument here but I'm curious, how does moving the student section make the university greedy?
    It doesn't. It isn't the university's decision. The Big 12 had no requirements on seating and none for visiting fans. The SEC definitely does. So they have to get in compliance with the SEC requirements. It isn't greedy, it is required. OU isn't a big enough fish to try to threaten the SEC by being stubborn (no one is, to be honest).

It was a tongue in cheek comment made to the initial response I made in post #1626 to the shouting that appeared in post #1627. Regardless of semantics the fan who has had their seats for years or decades will still feel they are losing their seats. As this adticle supports.
    https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-fo...08d0d44a9.html

19. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    So, the university chose to join a different conference (because the conference has a significantly better TV deal than the Big 12), and said conference happens to have a few rules that the Big 12 does not.

There’s always 2nd and 3rd order consequences on these types of deals.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    So, the university chose to join a different conference (because the conference has a significantly better TV deal than the Big 12), and said conference happens to have a few rules that the Big 12 does not.

The state government is also culpable. Slashing state funding has been a fact of life for several decades. Makes one wonder if it is truly a public University as the public funding isn't there as it was in times past. It isn't greed, it is survival.

Yep, there are plenty of unintended consequences when universities or pro sports ball teams (i.e., the OKC Thunder) get too greedy.
    LOL. How is complying with conference regulations getting greedy?

Sucks for the people losing their seats but it just is what it is. I’ve always thought it was a little odd that students got such good seats when they show up late and leave early all the time and the SEC just travels way more to conferences games…they especially will the first few years of Ou/TX being in the league.

That’s not greed…that’s positioning yourself in the best way possible for the future and making sure all your athletic programs have the funding to be as competitive as possible.

23. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    That’s not greed…that’s positioning yourself in the best way possible for the future and making sure all your athletic programs have the funding to be as competitive as possible.
    Yes. The move to the SEC was largely about the best future for OU football. At the time OU and UT voted to leave the Big 12 there were 8 teams in the conference. Only 2 of which were historically perennial powerhouses. And the conference leadership was clear that expansion was not on the table. If the BIG 12, even with OU and UT staying had stuck to the no expansion course the conference may well have been where the PAC 12 is today, non-existent. And OU and UT would be nationally irrelevant.

Can we just admire what a complete disaster this weekend is shaping up to be for the Big 12? A top 12 matchup between undefeated OU and Texas for the last time as Big 12 conference members and no other Big 12 teams even ranked. Then a likely rematch for the last Big 12 championship at the end of the season.

Blog Entries

Teams in top 25 of both offensive and defensive scoring efficiency:

OU, Texas, Kentucky, Miami, Michigan, oregon and A&M. The end.

Thread Information