Widgets Magazine
Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 246970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2128

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I'm curious as to why Stoops didn't have a conniption regarding being blatantly tackled? One can fatalistically say he knew the non-call wouldn't be reversed but there has been more than one time a little field tantrum has encouraged a flag.
    Venables got a very tick tacky unsportmanlike on that 30 yard penalty call earlier that may have had something to do with it. I suspect OU knew they were walking a tightrope with the officiating.

It hasn't just been against OU it's also been against Texas. Been following a couple TX guys on another board and it's hard not to see it the last few weeks.

Compared to other coaches in college FB, lts hard to picture Venables being on the S-list. He's no Billy Tubbs.

Saw some sad OU fans near the end of the 4th quarter while watching the game at Shots at the very crowded strip. But some OSU fans may be in big trouble. The goal posts were taken down, paraded on the strip and thrown into Theta Pond.

4. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    Venables got a very tick tacky unsportmanlike on that 30 yard penalty call earlier that may have had something to do with it. I suspect OU knew they were walking a tightrope with the officiating.

It hasn't just been against OU it's also been against Texas. Been following a couple TX guys on another board and it's hard not to see it the last few weeks.
    Did you see the Texas Houston game? And you’re going to say the calls have been going against Texas? Come on.

Why would we watch the Texas/Houston game?

6. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    Why would we watch the Texas/Houston game?
    Because if you don’t watch the games, you may start to believe some “Texas guys” on twitter and fall down a weird conspiracy rabbit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
    Did you see the Texas Houston game? And you’re going to say the calls have been going against Texas? Come on.
    Houston only had 1 penalty called on them the entire game.. thank you for proving my point.

Big 12 is very salty both of it's marquee programs are leaving. Unfortunate to see games get directly affected by officiating. Look up the other games and penalty stats - it's been every game practically.

Missed or blown officiating calls are part of the game, everyone (including refs) are human, s___t happens

OSU, congrats
    OU, you can't win them all
    OU Leads the Series against OSU, 91-20-7

OU leads the series against OSU 91 wins, 20 loses and 7 ties

9. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Houston only had 1 penalty called on them the entire game.. thank you for proving my point.

Big 12 is very salty both of it's marquee programs are leaving. Unfortunate to see games get directly affected by officiating. Look up the other games and penalty stats - it's been every game practically.
    So there is some super secret conspiracy against OU and Texas but the big 12 officials also hand the game to Texas with a terrible 3rd down spot when Houston was driving to tie with time running out. Sure, that makes perfect sense.

Compared to other coaches in college FB, lts hard to picture Venables being on the S-list. He's no Billy Tubbs.
    What does this even mean? Different sports, different century.

Blog Entries

So there is some super secret conspiracy against OU and Texas but the big 12 officials also hand the game to Texas with a terrible 3rd down spot when Houston was driving to tie with time running out. Sure, that makes perfect sense.
    So, I'm assuming you saw nothing wrong with the no call in the end zone. LOL At least on the 30 yds of penalties on last OSU drive, even though pretty ticky-tacky, there was at least enough to give cover. The non-call was just blatant.

12. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So, I'm assuming you saw nothing wrong with the no call in the end zone. LOL At least on the 30 yds of penalties on last OSU drive, even though pretty ticky-tacky, there was at least enough to give cover. The non-call was just blatant.
    A PI call wouldn’t have given OU 7 automatic points and ran the rest of the game clock out. Complaining about officiating is just a way some cope with losing. I see losing teams fans do this every single weekend.

The truth is that the whole Big 12 conspiracy against OU and Texas is laughably funny. If there was a conspiracy, Texas probably wouldn’t be on track to have their best conference run since 2009. That would be a pretty ineffective conspiracy lol.

I don't think there is any conspiracy against OU & Texas but the non-PI call would have given OU a 1st and goal from the 1. A touchdown would have given them a likely 28 - 27 win. Of course the final 4 minutes could have played out differently but that was a game changing miss from a referee whose job is to see the call and was right there to see it. It was an inexcusable miss.

When the announcers are so critical of the non-call and discussed it and showed the replay 3 times after the end of the game, it wasn't just sour grapes.

I don't think there is any conspiracy against OU & Texas but the non-PI call would have given OU a 1st and goal from the 1. A touchdown would have given them a likely 28 - 27 win. Of course the final 4 minutes could have played out differently but that was a game changing miss from a referee whose job is to see the call and was right there to see it. It was an inexcusable miss.

When the announcers are so critical of the non-call and discussed it and showed the replay 3 times after the end of the game, it wasn't just sour grapes.
    yeah there were plenty of other reasons we lost the game but that was one of, if not the worst, PI non-calls I’ve ever seen. Stoops literally got tackled in the endzone before he touched the ball and the ball was catchable enough that he still was almost able to catch it. No way OSU stops 4 downs from the 2 yard line the way their defense was playing against the run. They very well could’ve gotten the ball back and scored over the next 4 minutes, but that was a massively impactful non-call and it was far from just OU fans who were yelling about it.

15. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Not just that call bothers me but officiating lately in general. We should have been comfortably ahead with 3:48 to go.
    But college football officiating all over is horrible. In games I don't give a rats about I find myself yelling at the TV because an official a few feet from a play will completely miss a blatant call. Or spot a ball a yard from where video clearly shows where the ball was when the runner was down. Then those where they spend 5 minutes reviewing it and still get it wrong makes it that much worse.

Blog Entries

A PI call wouldn’t have given OU 7 automatic points and ran the rest of the game clock out. Complaining about officiating is just a way some cope with losing. I see losing teams fans do this every single weekend.

The truth is that the whole Big 12 conspiracy against OU and Texas is laughably funny. If there was a conspiracy, Texas probably wouldn’t be on track to have their best conference run since 2009. That would be a pretty ineffective conspiracy lol.
    You see no problem with the call and assume there was no consequence. Lol. Talk about blind homerism. You’d rather deflect than speak truth?

17. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

You see no problem with the call and assume there was no consequence. Lol. Talk about blind homerism. You’d rather deflect than speak truth?
    It was a bad call that probably doesn't impact the game. OU probably scores from the 2 to put them up 1 point after the penalty. Based on how OSU was moving the ball all day, OSU most likely drives the field in 4 minutes to get within field goal range to win it. You have that option when you have a kicker.

The argument that it cost OU the game would be a little more believable if time was running out. It's not like OU didn't get an entirely new possession after this play. They had another shot and they just couldn't get it done

you and other osu fans would know much more about finding a way to "cope with losing"

It was a bad call that probably doesn't impact the game. OU probably scores from the 2 to put them up 1 point after the penalty. Based on how OSU was moving the ball all day, OSU most likely drives the field in 4 minutes to get within field goal range to win it. You have that option when you have a kicker.

The argument that it cost OU the game would be a little more believable if time was running out. It's not like OU didn't get an entirely new possession after this play. They had another shot and they just couldn't get it done
    OSU had one scoring drive in the second half that wasn’t set up by a turnover on OU’s side of the field (though even that one was resurrected after failing to convert on 3rd and long by 30 yards on two questionable judgment calls). Sure they could’ve gotten into field goal range but that’s far from guaranteed based on how they played on offense in the second half. OU was favored by 6 and never should’ve been in that position but to act like that blown call didn’t have a massive effect on the game is homerism at best. There wasn’t one OSU fan that I talked to after the game up there that didn’t say something to the effect of “we’re lucky as hell that wasn’t called.”

20. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    OSU had one scoring drive in the second half that wasn’t set up by a turnover on OU’s side of the field (though even that one was resurrected after failing to convert on 3rd and long by 30 yards on two questionable judgment calls). Sure they could’ve gotten into field goal range but that’s far from guaranteed based on how they played on offense in the second half. OU was favored by 6 and never should’ve been in that position but to act like that blown call didn’t have a massive effect on the game is homerism at best. There wasn’t one OSU fan that I talked to after the game up there that didn’t say something to the effect of “we’re lucky as hell that wasn’t called.”
    OSU easily drove the ball deep into OU territory all second half. They got stopped on some 4th and shorts when they were already well within field goal range that lead to some empty second half possessions. In fact every single second half possession besides the OG interception and the drive they were trying to milk the clock to 2 minutes either ended in points or ended on downs well within field goal range. With the way they were marching down the field all second half, it would have been been far more likely they kick a field goal and win than get stopped.

I will say most of the OSU fans I know have been pretty quiet afterwards. They know this was a very controversial win & OSU was on the right side of luck. Ironically exact same thing 2 years ago with OU receiver getting interfered with and not called. Honestly it sucks that there has to be controversy and they can't just straight up beat OU without it.

22. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

I will say most of the OSU fans I know have been pretty quiet afterwards. They know this was a very controversial win & OSU was on the right side of luck. Ironically exact same thing 2 years ago with OU receiver getting interfered with and not called. Honestly it sucks that there has to be controversy and they can't just straight up beat OU without it.
    HAHA man you are down bad. The amount of cope in this post is almost unimaginable. I love it.

Blog Entries

You purport to know football as a sport but don't think that call wouldn't impact the game. smh. Keep digging.

24. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

You purport to know football as a sport but don't think that call wouldn't impact the game. smh. Keep digging.
    That call absolutely impacts the game. I just don’t think it definitively changes the outcome like some OU fans are desperately claiming.

25. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

That call absolutely impacts the game. I just don’t think it definitively changes the outcome like some OU fans are desperately claiming.
    I think it would have set up for a great ending. I can see OSU getting the walk off field goal or TD to end it or OU defense getting a stop. Instead we get angry people about a terrible call for weeks.

Thread Information