Widgets Magazine
Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363782 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by dford2 View Post
    I understand most are concerned about football, I consider myself to be a football junkie as well, but I follow all OU sports. With that said, does anyone know about the construction of the new softball stadium, is it still in the works?
    They need fundraising to pick up for that to happen.

2. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

In the Bill Self era at Kansas they have only lost three conference games in a row three times as of today. All three third losses have been to OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    In the Bill Self era at Kansas they have only lost three conference games in a row three times as of today. All three third losses have been to OU.
    want an even more crazy stat... over the past 20 years, i have seen kansas play in person now 9 times... and have never seen them win a game in person.

4. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    want an even more crazy stat... over the past 20 years, i have seen kansas play in person now 9 times... and have never seen them win a game in person.
    That's quite a coincidence for Kansas teams.

5. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Can you make that apply to football and K-State?

OU got another good transfer from Tennessee last night, RB Eric Gray. With Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, and Mac Jones all leaving for the NFL Draft, next year is OU's best chance in a long time to win a title, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    OU got another good transfer from Tennessee last night, RB Eric Gray. With Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, and Mac Jones all leaving for the NFL Draft, next year is OU's best chance in a long time to win a title, IMO.
    They also got Keyshown Lawrence from Tennessee. He's one of their best defensive safeties.

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

9. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

I wonder if it's ever happened before that both basketball teams were without a coach at the same time?

10. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Who will the new coach be??

Blog Entries

Best of Luck Sherri Coale.

Thank you for 25 wonderful seasons

Blog Entries

Loyola Chicago's Porter Moser hired as

Oklahoma men's basketball coach.

At 101 year old, Sister Jean Dolores Schmidt, says she’s not the first person she knows who has lived an entire century.

"I called her right away," Moser said. "She emailed me as well. We love her. It's been hard. We'll be friends for life. The program is going to be in great hands with Drew Valentine. The players are there. Just tremendous people. But Sister Jean is a treasure. We'll be friends for life ... as long as we don't play against each other, I think she'll root for the Oklahoma Sooners."

ESPN NCAA: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ext-head-coach

Porter Moser is an excellent hire for OU basketball...expecting big things out of his tenure here. Anxiously awaiting the hiring of the women's coach as well...hoping for Amaka Agugua-Hamilton who has done an excellent job in two seasons at Missouri State.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Porter Moser is an excellent hire for OU basketball...expecting big things out of his tenure here. Anxiously awaiting the hiring of the women's coach as well...hoping for Amaka Agugua-Hamilton who has done an excellent job in two seasons at Missouri State.
    i'm still hoping we go local and just take a norman high coach again... dude has rocked it there, and i think with his stance and support of his girls this last year on social justice causes, i think he would be good at recruiting...

i'm still hoping we go local and just take a norman high coach again... dude has rocked it there, and i think with his stance and support of his girls this last year on social justice causes, i think he would be good at recruiting...
    I definitely wouldn't mind going that route again, either.

16. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Coach Moser lands his first recruit:

https://oklahoma.rivals.com/news/als...-commits-to-ou

17. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Interesting read about Brian Bosworth:

https://www.profootballhistory.com/w...rian-bosworth/

^

I ran into him a couple of times when I lived in Malibu. Believe he is still there.

Really a nice, friendly dude these days.

He was in Sid's onion burger joint in El Reno last year. Has him and his wife's picture with the owner on the wall.

20. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

I'd love to meet Bosworth! I have had a beer or five with Ewe VonSchaman a few times. He's a really nice guy.

Blog Entries

The University of Oklahoma Board of Regents approved revised design phase plans and updated programming information for a new $22 million softball facility.?

It is proposed that the new softball home be located at the northwest corner of Jenkins Avenue and Imhoff Road, approximately one-half mile south of the current facility. This plan alters the previous masterplan for renovation of the present location to allow space for implementation of the required programmatic facility elements, make further use of adjacent athletics facilities and take advantage of existing parking in the immediate vicinity.

The new stadium is projected to seat 3,000 fans, more than double the capacity of the current facility.

In recent years, the current OU Softball Complex has been stretched beyond its seating capacity of 1,378. On May 26, with the addition of temporary bleachers, a record crowd of 1,927, one of 18 sellouts during the 2018 season, watched the Sooners defeat Arkansas 9-0 in the NCAA Super Regional championship game. That kind of interest has stressed not only the seating capacity, but also the services available to those visiting the facility. It is projected that the new facility will have capacity for 3,000 fans.?

In terms of other fan amenities, the current concept, which is subject to updates and alterations, includes three concessions stands with a total of 11 points of sale (an increase of nine) and six restrooms (an increase of 60 fixtures). Other changes include a 10,000 square-foot indoor practice facility, which is nearly double the size of the current facility, and several team spaces including a training room, locker room and classroom.

OU Approves Plan For New Softball Stadium https://soonersports.com/news/2018/6/19/211718724.aspx

Blog Entries

Oklahoma Sooners Football: Offense “beats” Defense in 2021 OU Spring Game.

OU Spring Game: https://www.crimsonandcreammachine.c...mario-williams

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

No. 1 Oklahoma suffers first loss of season, bounces back to split doubleheader against No. 21 Georgia

After a scoreless eighth, Oklahoma turned to freshman pitcher Nicole May in the ninth. May recorded two outs, but Fields’ walk-off single handed the Sooners their first loss of the 2021 season.

In the second game, Oklahoma took out some frustration over that first loss, pounding the Bulldogs 12-3 in a run-rule victory.

The loss IMO is a blessing in disguise. It releases that pressure valve.

Recall Gonzaga (NCAA Mens I basketball) loss to Baylor; Baylor caught them at the right time.

Blog Entries

Kip Lewis commits to OU

I know OU-Tulane being moved to Norman has already been mentioned in Current Events-Open Topic. I just want to make sure it gets some run in Sports.

I read official announcement and logistical details will be explained around noon central today.

Thread Information