Widgets Magazine
Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313277 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

1. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    You saw what I saw. No defense, young inexperienced QB, OL not as talented, can't tackle or cover.. Overrated as No 3 team in nation. Thankful I won't waste $$$ going to the CFB playoff and witness another Ass whipping
    Same exact things can be said about last night's game. Except maybe being overrated at #18.

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

It is sad that Sooners' winning streak in Ames since 1940 has ended but it was an amazing streak for 60 years! Now that Sooners have lost, the 5 year streak of Big 12 championships and 3 year playoff run has ended, it was fun while it lasted! I honestly wish that college would have cancelled the season or we would not have to see awful performances of our Sooners this year!

3. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

I'm kinda glad we are seeing this and they are playing like this. Makes us appreciate what we have had going even more.

Them getting whooped might knock them down a peg. Granted, they've been knocked down in the CFP and that didn't seem to change much.

44 should never return to the field this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    It is sad that Sooners' winning streak in Ames since 1940 has ended but it was an amazing streak for 60 years! Now that Sooners have lost, the 5 year streak of Big 12 championships and 3 year playoff run has ended, it was fun while it lasted! I honestly wish that college would have cancelled the season or we would not have to see awful performances of our Sooners this year!
    I'm not going there quite yet just for the fact the BIG 12 SUCKS. I mean they might not win the regular season but they could still get in the title game. If they run the table the biggest issues will be the tie breakers. They need Iowa st and Kansas st to lose 3 times. However given the big 12 it's possible

I personally think it's very considerate of OU to immediately knock themselves out of national title contention and prevent multiple superspreader events like what happened in Tampa this week after the Lightning won the Stanley Cup lolllll.

6. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    I'm kinda glad we are seeing this and they are playing like this. Makes us appreciate what we have had going even more.

Them getting whooped might knock them down a peg. Granted, they've been knocked down in the CFP and that didn't seem to change much.

44 should never return to the field this season.
    Absolutely agree on 44. He literally climbed on the back of a receiver in the back of the end zone before the ball got there. Then stood with his arms out yelling at the official that it wasn't pass interference. Horrible pass coverage all night.

7. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Note to recruiters. Get some secondary defenders taller than 5'10'. And this is another one of those things that's been an issue for years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Note to recruiters. Get some secondary defenders taller than 5'10'. And this is another one of those things that's been an issue for years.
    Totally agree Bill, opponents will exploit this area for the rest of the season.

9. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I think they have been to come in starting next year. I've decided I'm not going to get too concerned over this year due to Covid. Giving it an asterisk in my head helps me not get so upset.

Edit: l think they also had 2 or 3 injuries and suspensions of D-backs, too.

10. Mid-Del Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I think they have been to come in starting next year. I've decided I'm not going to get too concerned over this year due to Covid. Giving it an asterisk in my head helps me not get so upset.

Edit: l think they also had 2 or 3 injuries and suspensions of D-backs, too.
    They have had d-backs missing but I don't think they're tall either. In this day d-backs need to be over 6'.

I'm also not nearly as upset about this season looking bad as I would usually be under normal circumstances.

11. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Agreed. I looked at the ESPN site, below. It looks like all the commits/signees they got for 20 and 21 are 6' and over.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f...201/class/2020

12. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Agreed. I looked at the ESPN site, below. It looks like all the commits/signees they got for 20 and 21 are 6' and over.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f...201/class/2020
    That should improve the secondary quite a bit.

Sooners blow another double digit lead but finally got the win in 4 overtimes! Great game! That is why Longhorns-Sooners are the best rivalry in the nation!

14. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Sooners blow another double digit lead but finally got the win in 4 overtimes! Great game! That is why Longhorns-Sooners are the best rivalry in the nation!
    I'm just glad I'm already on blood pressure meds. That was one hell of a game.

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Blog Entries

I am glad to see that Sooners did not choke a double digit lead this time and the defense playing better

Blog Entries

It takes time to build continuity and morale with our Sooner defense.

Consider what Alex Grinch inherited and the pressure put on the offense to score to make-up for the holes in the defense; Alex seems to have built confidence with the defense--the Texas game was a turning point.

Sooner recruits are maturing...

A nice blowout win against Texas Tech 62-28

20. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

A lot of the Sooner "insiders" in the media sounded pretty well convinced the past couple weeks that Perkins wouldn't play again. Not only played but looked really good. So did Stevenson.

Assuming OU gets the home win against Kansas and OSU is able to beat K-State on the road this will set up a huge Bedlam on Nov 21.

This season is reminding me a lot of OU's 2016 season.

Former Sooners basketball coach Billy Tubbs has passed away, he was a great coach, he will be missed!

24. Health Science Center Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Former Sooners basketball coach Billy Tubbs has passed away, he was a great coach, he will be missed!
    The Animal has played the clip a number of times today of Tubbs taking the mic, after getting a technical and being ejected, to tell the LNC crowd that "throwing objects onto the court is not acceptable no matter how bad the officiating is". I love that line.

25. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

I remember being at that game, hearing him say that and just burying my face in my hands and saying, "oh, no!"

Boom! Technical foul immediately.

He was definitely one of the classics, right under Abe Lemmons at OCU.

RIP, Billy.

Thread Information