Widgets Magazine

Thread: Thunder Alley 2024.

Default Thunder Alley 2024.

I sent something to the mayor last night it's time to bring back Thunder Alley. Milwaukee can have the Deer District, and Toronto can do Jurassic Park, Denver last year showed away games in the arena and had events outside. I think they charged to get in though. Kansas City for the NFL and things in the Light District. No reason why OKC can't do something. I get it there was a shooting blah blah blah. Don't have it downtown or have it away from the Arena. Something that you can close off for security reasons and charge admissions if you have too.

With that being all said where and ideals? Boathouse? Midtown? Lower Scissortail Park? Centennial park? $10 admission with food trucks?

Default Re: Thunder Alley 2024.

Giant projector on the Scissortail stage would be cool. Or one of those giant TV trucks in Midtown (similar to the McNellie's St. Patrick's Day setup). Or Skinny Slims' world cup setup in the bricktown parking lot.

Don't think anything is stopping private bars from coming up with these concepts themselves and getting permits? May only make sense for weekend road games to start with - until the conference finals.

I'd go.

I believe Milwaukie setup a new BID to get the Deer District established. I would bet OKC has a similar plan for when the new arena plans get going.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Giant projector on the Scissortail stage would be cool. Or one of those giant TV trucks in Midtown (similar to the McNellie's St. Patrick's Day setup). Or Skinny Slims' world cup setup in the bricktown parking lot.

Don't think anything is stopping private bars from coming up with these concepts themselves and getting permits? May only make sense for weekend road games to start with - until the conference finals.

I'd go.
    Scissortail Stage would be my preference!

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Thunder Alley 2024.

Lot's of ideas OKC can get from Milwaukee--included Fiserv Forum. Build Thunder Alley to accommodate the fans; also use ideas other NBA cities use with their districts.

Turn the area around the new arena into a charm our whole city can enjoy.

There was a plan years ago to incorporate a Thunder Alley right next to Paycom across from the Omni, but it was cancelled. I am sure they will create something like that with the new arena.

What I would love for them to do (but I don't know if they would) is open the arena for away games and bring the jumbotron down about 20 feet. Charge $10 (or more), first come, first serve, no saved seats and let restaurants open inside the arena to watch the game on the jumbotron.

I would rather not have a 9mm projectile hit me or a loved one just to cheer on the Thunder outside the arena. For some ungodly reason there are people in this world who want to turn a fiesta into Fallujah.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I would rather not have a 9mm projectile hit me or a loved one just to cheer on the Thunder outside the arena. For some ungodly reason there are people in this world who want to turn a fiesta into Fallujah.
    To be fair. I would think they would set up boundaries and have bag check and metal detectors to get in.

Maybe not for the first round but if we make WCF we need to do something. Every other big time city does stuff. Everyone for every sport. If we want to be a big time city we need to find a way to make it work.

They did have it back in the early years of the Thunder. Then the 2010-2011 season there were too many people showing up, and there were several incidents that happened that forced the City to shut it down. But a lot of the large crowds were do to hype of having a new NBA team and having success. I think if they brought it back for the playoffs, it wouldn't be that much of a ruckus as it was in the past.

YES! Bring back Thunder Alley! It was an amazing atmosphere, and looks great on TV!
    The Toronto Raptors did a good job of it (Jurassic Park), and the Warriors are going to copy it with their new stadium.

https://www.12up.com/posts/warriors-...o-01dccwcrk2c2

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    What I would love for them to do (but I don't know if they would) is open the arena for away games and bring the jumbotron down about 20 feet. Charge $10 (or more), first come, first serve, no saved seats and let restaurants open inside the arena to watch the game on the jumbotron.
    Seeing how OKC is the arena owner than Holt should get this done.

Thread Information