Widgets Magazine
Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2118

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This OU class is ranked #8 by Rivals.

The last two classes by the supposed master recruiter Lincoln Riley were #13 and #16.
    Also ranked number 8 on 24/7 Sports and On3's recruiting rankings, so it's the consensus across the board.

24/7 Sports is the only site I can find that does a combined transfer/recruiting class team ranking and it has us at number 9 (transfer class alone is ranked number 4) which is still ahead of USC at number 10 (Number 1 transfer class, but number 65 (!!!) recruiting class).

Just couldn't be more impressed given where we were a month ago. I'm excited to see what these guys and the ones currently on the roster can do under the new S&C staff. I had no idea how much things had fallen off under Wylie. I think an off season with Schmitty is really going to help the linemen on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel54 View Post
    It's extreme rose colored glasses on my part but I just get more and more hyped for the post-Lincoln era. His focus was never on building a cohesive team and it showed as his program aged.
    Just seems like the way he recruited led to much more of an individualistic culture than a team one. You've got to have those bigtime recruits but you can't let those personalities become bigger than the team. That's probably the main reason I'm fine with CW moving on. If you're going to take a month plus to decide whether you do or don't want to be here after all the support he had in Norman, it's probably best that you find another home. Really glad we didn't wait around and wasted no time in bringing DG in.

3. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Just seems like the way he recruited led to much more of an individualistic culture than a team one. You've got to have those bigtime recruits but you can't let those personalities become bigger than the team. That's probably the main reason I'm fine with CW moving on. If you're going to take a month plus to decide whether you do or don't want to be here after all the support he had in Norman, it's probably best that you find another home. Really glad we didn't wait around and wasted no time in bringing DG in.
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    What's not to be optimistic about if you're an OU fan? I think we've got the right coach at the right time, and I'm very excited about the future.

I will watch as many USC games as possible because I'm a spiteful person who hopes USC is winless next season, but I'm under the belief we came out net ahead in this whole deal.

Definitely crimson colored glasses, but that's what makes sports fun.
    HAHA. Same here. It's pretty laughable to hear some of the national sports guys talking about them winning the Pac 12, making the playoff next year, and winning a championship. Based on what??? The team was 4-8 last season, had a bunch of people transfer out, were horrible up front and had an awful defense. They have some good skill guys transferring in, but skill guys weren't the problem last year (and frankly CW isn't that big of upgrade over Dart). You think CW was running for his life here last year??? Just wait. And they're brining in the S&C staff that apparently made our team less and less physical with each passing year.

I think TBOW probably does get it turned around out there based on recruiting talent alone eventually, but what on earth did he do at OU to make everyone think he's all of the sudden going to be winning playoff games and national championships? He literally took the entire defensive staff with him...how does that staff all of the sudden scream NATIONAL CHAMPS!!! I get it, this coaching staff is an upgrade over the last one there, but come on...

I just read where CW already had a big NIL deal setup when he committed to USC.

Also, Venables said CW quit communicating as soon as the bowl game was over so he knew something was up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I just read where CW already had a big NIL deal setup when he committed to USC.

Also, Venables said CW quit communicating as soon as the bowl game was over so he knew something was up.
    I did appreciate BV's take that if a student enters the portal, he takes it as a sign they don't want to be here, and he's going to focus on getting people who want to be here.

7. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

I did appreciate BV's take that if a student enters the portal, he takes it as a sign they don't want to be here, and he's going to focus on getting people who want to be here.
    Exactly. As mentioned earlier the culture within OU football had become about the individuals. The focus has to be team for a team to win championships.

8. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Ohhhhh the Karma if OU got to meet USC in post-season game next season.....

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Ohhhhh the Karma if OU got to meet USC in post-season game next season.....
    Bold to assume USC makes a bowl game hahaha.

But if it happened and we weren’t in a NY6 game…you know bowl committees would be angling for it.

Bold to assume USC makes a bowl game hahaha.

But if it happened and we weren’t in a NY6 game…you know bowl committees would be angling for it.
    That would mean USC had a really good year or OU had a really bad one. In other words, I don't want to play USC next year. Maybe the year after that. I'm sure the hate will still flow through me.

11. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

That would mean USC had a really good year or OU had a really bad one. In other words, I don't want to play USC next year. Maybe the year after that. I'm sure the hate will still flow through me.
    I'm most surprised that a guy who grew up in Muleshoe, America, could be this yella.

Makes me think that Friday Night Lights was just a Big Lie.

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

13. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
    I was getting so frustrated for her not getting a pitch to hit.

14. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    I'm most surprised that a guy who grew up in Muleshoe, America, could be this yella.

Makes me think that Friday Night Lights was just a Big Lie.
    Muleshoe makes some controversial folks! Lincoln Riley, Butch and Ben McCain....

Blog Entries

Oklahoma Sooners Spring Game 2022

An estimated 75,000 is largest crowd to attend a spring game showed up in Norman, Saturday, April 23, 2022

16. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Wow! That's incredible and great for the program. I caught bits of spring games broadcast on ESPNs from USC and some SWC schools and none of them were close to being sold out. I could only stomach about 30 seconds of the USC spring game.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Wow! That's incredible and great for the program. I caught bits of spring games broadcast on ESPNs from USC and some SWC schools and none of them were close to being sold out. I could only stomach about 30 seconds of the USC spring game.
    Congrats! You made it longer than most of their "fans" did!

Blog Entries

Congratulations to the Oklahoma Sooners on winning their 10th straight Big 12 Conference Championship.

Oklahoma locked up the Bedlam series on Friday night with a dominant 6-0 victory over the Oklahoma State Cowgirls.

Blog Entries

Correction on 6 - 0 score--final score on Friday's game was 7 - 1 in favor of the Sooners.

Sooners finish off the Cowgirls 5 - 3 in Norman, Saturday, May 7, 2022 to sweep the series. Jocelyn Alo hit a grand slam home run
    in the bottom of the fifth ending.

Maxwell hit both Jana Johns and Taylon Snow, and then issued a walk to Jayda Coleman to load the bases for college softball’s Home Run Queen.

On the third pitch she saw, Alo rocketed a ball to the front row in right-center field, giving OU a 5-2 lead from which it would never look back.

The Sooners (48-1) closed out the 5-3 win over the No. 7-ranked Cowgirls (38-12), sweeping OSU at Marita Hynes Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    at Marita Hynes Field.
    crazy that osu has NEVER won a game at this venue

21. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Just one slip up against thought blasted Longhorns away from a perfect regular season. They really look good.

For those of us who were fans during the Billy Tubbs era it is a sad day for this loss.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.koc...evans/40290525

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    For those of us who were fans during the Billy Tubbs era it is a sad day for this loss.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.koc...evans/40290525
    Kenny Evans was a great dude.

Was a good friend of a friend.

RIP Top Daug.

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Oklahoma 13 vs. Texas A & M 8

The Sooners struck with the big inning, scoring seven runs in the second inning when they sent 10 men to the plate and benefited from a three-run home run from Jimmy Crooks en route to a 13-8 win over fifth-seeded Texas A&M Friday afternoon.

Austin American-Statesman: https://www.statesman.com/story/spor...er/7665280001/

Boomer!

Thread Information