Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Bring back top daug
    he already was brought back ..

2. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    he already was brought back ..
    Haha yes, I’m aware. There’s still too much horsepig action for my tastes however. He should be a solo act at LNC.

Haha yes, I’m aware. There’s still too much horsepig action for my tastes however. He should be a solo act at LNC.
    The original TD from the Tubbs era was a hard act to follow. He truly was "Top".

My favorite boomer/Sooner mascot moment was when they were first introduced and everyone made fun of them for how dumb their faces looked. The next season they came back looking noticeably meaner lol.

5. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The original TD from the Tubbs era was a hard act to follow. He truly was "Top".
    Man, my favorite was the second one, Kenny Evans. The guy after Kenny could rock a unicycle.

Man, my favorite was the second one, Kenny Evans. The guy after Kenny could rock a unicycle.
    You're right about Kenny. I mistakenly thought he was the original.
    Nobody rocks or rocked a unicycle at the LNC like Red Panda though.

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State ranked 1st & 3rd in preseason Women's College Softball ranking . . .

Rank Team 2021 Record 2021 Rank
    1. Oklahoma 56-4 1
    2. Alabama 52-9 3
    3. Oklahoma State 48-12 5
    4. UCLA 47-7 6
    5. Florida 45-11 10
    6. Florida State 49-13-1 2
    7. Washington 45-14 9
    8. Arkansas 43-11 11
    9. Texas 43-14 16
    X Missouri 42-17 13

Defending champion Oklahoma opens No. 1 in preseason D1Softball rankings
    https://www.ncaa.com/news/softball/a...022-d1softball

Blog Entries

The Bedlam Rivalry between Oklahoma's two major universities continues. Now that Oklahoma City has the largest Softball Stadium in the country (Capacity 13,000); a contract with ESPN for telecast rights extended to 2035, women's softball thrives for both schools.

Just hope that whenever Oklahoma moves to the SEC, the SEC Women's Softball tournament and hopefully the SEC baseball, Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark will be awarded to OKC to host some of the SEC conference tournaments. There's also SEC men & women's soccer once the MAPS 4, 8,000 seat multipurpose stadium gets constructed. Our area hotels continue to grow.

SEC schools in our area will include Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A & M; five of the conferences 16 schools.

Softball certainly has a chance since the WCWS will be in Oklahoma City; this will give the SEC schools a chance to experience the feel of the USA Softball Complex here in our city.

Also, a shot in the arm for the local Oklahoma City economy with hotel bookings and local establishments,

10. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Heck, he was gone the day Riley announced. Personally I’m not nearly so upset with him as I am with Riley. Williams is going to play for the coach who prevailed in his original recruitment, and in the case of a premier QB and an offensive, QB-centric coach like Riley, I get it. Fair enough, as far as Williams is concerned.

Had he stayed, there might always be questions in his mind. Hopefully OU has enough success on the field - and Riley struggles enough putting his program together - that Caleb regrets leaving. It’s not at all out of the question. No ill will toward CW; I just want RILEY to lose all of HIS games.

Heck, he was gone the day Riley announced. Personally I’m not nearly so upset with him as I am with Riley. Williams is going to play for the coach who prevailed in his original recruitment, and in the case of a premier QB and an offensive, QB-centric coach like Riley, I get it. Fair enough, as far as Williams is concerned.

Had he stayed, there might always be questions in his mind. Hopefully OU has enough success on the field - and Riley struggles enough putting his program together - that Caleb regrets leaving. It’s not at all out of the question. No ill will toward CW; I just want RILEY to lose all of HIS games.
    Agreed. Caleb should have announced a month ago. Now, after all this hype, he'd better be all-everything at USC. If Rattler is any indication of Riley's ability to coach up a brand new recruit, he's gonna have a bad time.

CW was 5-2 as a starter. I think he was all in with TBOW the second he went West or before. I think it was a ruse for CW to check out other landing spots to cover up the packaged deal USC got. Mario Williams knew where CW was going to end up and signed early.

Just theatrics.

i don't know... it seems significant that williams committed to usc just after dart committed to ole miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    i don't know... it seems significant that williams committed to usc just after dart committed to ole miss.
    He committed to USC because of the enrollment deadline. Dart went to the portal as soon as Riley showed up. I'm sure it was more than a rumor that CW was following TBOW to SC, which caused both 2021 starting QB's from SC to jump to the portal.
    Dart didn't come to OU because of Dillon Gabriel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    He committed to USC because of the enrollment deadline. Dart went to the portal as soon as Riley showed up. I'm sure it was more than a rumor that CW was following TBOW to SC, which caused both 2021 starting QB's from SC to jump to the portal.
    Dart didn't come to OU because of Dillon Gabriel.
    TBOW? Is that some kinda Sports Animal thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Soonerscoop thing that's spread to OU insider and pretty much everywhere else on social media. Muleshoe came from the Ref and is also acceptable lol.

It stands for "The Bitch Out West"

Just wrapped up national signing day with the number 8 class across all the recruiting sites. Pretty darn impressive given that we had dropped into the 30s by the time BV and his staff took over.

18. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Just wrapped up national signing day with the number 8 class across all the recruiting sites. Pretty darn impressive given that we had dropped into the 30s by the time BV and his staff took over.
    Pretty impressive for a program “that’s fallen off a cliff” because a QB and coach left.

This new coaching staff (all parts) is phenomenal. Committed to God, family the student athletes and university. We are extremely fortunate to have men who love God first and not afraid to say and show it. What they were able to do in so short a time period is a testament to their authenticity

This OU class is ranked #8 by Rivals.

The last two classes by the supposed master recruiter Lincoln Riley were #13 and #16.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    this new coaching staff (all parts) is phenomenal. Committed to god, family the student athletes and university. We are extremely fortunate to have men who love god first and not afraid to say and show it. What they were able to do in so short a time period is a testament to their authenticity
    Amen. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    It was started by a sports blogger in Florida. I saw the podcast and it took me a while to figure it out. At first I thought it was Tim Tebow. But no, it was the greedy unethical, skip out under the cover of darkness, Gave the team a 2 minute goodbye without taking questions, Stood Dean Blevins up for 4 hours and then no showed as he slipped on out the back door Muleshoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This OU class is ranked #8 by Rivals.

The last two classes by the supposed master recruiter Lincoln Riley were #13 and #16.
    It's extreme rose colored glasses on my part but I just get more and more hyped for the post-Lincoln era. His focus was never on building a cohesive team and it showed as his program aged.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel54 View Post
    It's extreme rose colored glasses on my part but I just get more and more hyped for the post-Lincoln era. His focus was never on building a cohesive team and it showed as his program aged.
    What's not to be optimistic about if you're an OU fan? I think we've got the right coach at the right time, and I'm very excited about the future.

I will watch as many USC games as possible because I'm a spiteful person who hopes USC is winless next season, but I'm under the belief we came out net ahead in this whole deal.

Definitely crimson colored glasses, but that's what makes sports fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    This new coaching staff (all parts) is phenomenal. Committed to God, family the student athletes and university. We are extremely fortunate to have men who love God first and not afraid to say and show it. What they were able to do in so short a time period is a testament to their authenticity
    For once we agree on something lol.

Thread Information