NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Placed in the wrong thread... ...see Oklahoma State University

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Oklahoma Sooners 76 - Western Carolina Catamounts 0

Game recap: https://www.google.com/search?q=ncaa...fxch;dt;fp;1;;

Blog Entries

Once the Sooners took control of this game, they didn't take their foot off the gas.

Also, look at Tulane, the Green Wave will be a thorn in the side of everyone on their schedule--defeated Morgan State 62-20. OU wasn't able to break the GW spirit or drive to win.

My grandson took my youngest great grandson to his very first OU game. Made sure he was masked and with plenty of facial & hand wipes. Little fella really enjoyed the game.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma Sooners 23 - Nebraska Cornhuskers 16

Gamecast: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401282798

Blog Entries

Oklahoma Sooners 16 - West Virginia Mountaineers 13

Gamecast: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401287908

Blog Entries

Sarkey's Energy Center, Norman . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Historic UT Texas Tower, Austin

Saturday, October 9, 2021 - ABC 11 A.M. Red River Rivalry

50 - 50 Stadium Split - Historic Cotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas, Texas

Blog Entries

Oklahoma Sooners 55 - Texas Longhorns 48

Gamecast: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401287918

9. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Best OU UT game in my 62 years on earth. I either clapped or slapped the bar so hard I severely bruised my left thumb. I have it on ice. But well worth it!!!!

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

what a game... great comeback win!

what are the odds that rattler starts next week? the offence looked way better under williams.

11. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    what a game... great comeback win!

what are the odds that rattler starts next week? the offence looked way better under williams.
    You could knock me over with a feather if Rattler starts next week.

Paging Spencer Rattler to the white courtesy phone. Spencer Rattler to the white transfer portal phone.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelerD Guy View Post
    Paging Spencer Rattler to the white courtesy phone. Spencer Rattler to the white transfer portal phone.
    This is unnecessary. SR is on OUR team, playing his heart out for us, what a stupid, disrespectful comment regarding a likely teenager. I would regret the transfer of SR we still need him

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    This is unnecessary. SR is on OUR team, playing his heart out for us, what a stupid, disrespectful comment regarding a likely teenager. I would regret the transfer of SR we still need him
    look... i was really ashamed at the fans chanting and booing during the nebraska game. but i didn't take that comment in the same spirit at all. if rattler gets benched in favor of another player, chances are he's going to transfer to someplace that will give him playing time... and that's HIS choice. i don't see how pointing that out in a humorous way is disrespectful or stupid for somebody to say.

15. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

As a back up yes. As a starter no. Unless this was a flash in the pan performance by Williams and it just didn't have that feel. Especially on such a huge stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    As a back up yes. As a starter no.
    My point is not that he has not played poorly of late and may need to sit but this is the same kid who won the RRR last year. Ever heard of simply playing poorly? Why rag on one of our players. He transfers then who we got? Haven't we lost enough players to tp, injury, legal and academic issues.

My point is not that he has not played poorly of late and may need to sit but this is the same kid who won the RRR last year. Ever heard of simply playing poorly? Why rag on one of our players. He transfers then who we got? Haven't we lost enough players to tp, injury, legal and academic issues.
    It's not lately. I only watched highlights last year and never felt good about him as our long-term QB. This year I've watched pretty much every snap, including the Nebraska game in person.

Against the Cornhuskers, there were wide open receivers all day that he didn't see or didn't have patience for them to run a route. He isn't mobile but he runs out of the pocket 2 seconds after the snap and basically eliminates half the field each play. He is not accurate at all. I don't think I've ever seen him hit a receiver in stride. People keep wanting to blame the run game and the O-Line for his struggles, but the entire offense ran like a dream once Caleb was in there. Every person in the world knows that this team looked completely different with Caleb Williams.

I’m going to take this as a compliment coming from you
    Exactly how I feel about all of your “OKC sucks” posts

Actually he’s 21 and probably raking in at least 6 figures this year. Comparing him to an innocent teenager is a little over dramatic.
    The reality of the situation is that if Caleb is as special as he appears to be and starts the rest of the year, then Spencer will transfer. No doubt bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by soonergolfer View Post
    Actually he’s 21 and probably raking in at least 6 figures this year. Comparing him to an innocent teenager is a little over dramatic.
    The reality of the situation is that if Caleb is as special as he appears to be and starts the rest of the year, then Spencer will transfer. No doubt bout it.
    I second every bit of this.

21. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Definitely. SR is too good to be on a bench. But this year he just seems antsy. Williams moves better behind the line. Williams was in the grasp of a defender a few times and dropped one shotgun snap but he still made plays or at least throws that were close to the target off of each almost blown play. SR in such situations seems to just cave lately.

yes

he is 21 and makes 7 figures ..

That was the most electric OU-TEXAS game I've ever attended. Absolutely incredible. When Brooks ran in the winning TD, I've *never* heard the OU end of the Cotton Bowl so amazingly loud. People across ro s were high-fiving and hugging each other. You go to a game like that and hope you see one maybe *half* that amazing, but yesterday was an absolute all-timer.

25. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    That was the most electric OU-TEXAS game I've ever attended. Absolutely incredible. When Brooks ran in the winning TD, I've *never* heard the OU end of the Cotton Bowl so amazingly loud. People across ro s were high-fiving and hugging each other. You go to a game like that and hope you see one maybe *half* that amazing, but yesterday was an absolute all-timer.
    It had to be! I would have loved to have been there.

Thread Information