Widgets Magazine
Page 29 of 85 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333479 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Yeah I don’t know why they’re even trying right now. Just horribly reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    NCAA basketball season is going to be a NIGHTMARE!!!!! There's going to be a ton of games postponed/cancelled.
    I really do not understand why they didn't opt to push the college basketball season back a couple of months. Something like starting on MLK Day and having the title game on Memorial Day would seem to have been a much better option than starting the season right in the middle of the largest wave of the pandemic, and in fact I'd put it at greater than 50/50 odds that they could have had a decent number of fans in attendance for a theoretical "May Madness".

With each passing day, it also seems more likely that college football is going to need to take a hiatus at some point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I really do not understand why they didn't opt to push the college basketball season back a couple of months. Something like starting on MLK Day and having the title game on Memorial Day would seem to have been a much better option than starting the season right in the middle of the largest wave of the pandemic, and in fact I'd put it at greater than 50/50 odds that they could have had a decent number of fans in attendance for a theoretical "May Madness".

With each passing day, it also seems more likely that college football is going to need to take a hiatus at some point as well.
    They did not want to lose money

4. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    They did not want to lose money
    If maybe there is a vaccine in spring and so more fans could attend and fewer games would get cancelled they'd lose less money putting the season off a couple months.

If maybe there is a vaccine in spring and so more fans could attend and fewer games would get cancelled they'd lose less money putting the season off a couple months.
    I am not convinced that the vaccine is going to work

6. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

No vaccine and there's still probably more of a chance at having a season of more games actually played if it was done a couple months late.
    And if there's not a working vaccine it might not matter anyway because we're totally screwed. That's the only way this virus will ever get any better.

No vaccine and there's still probably more of a chance at having a season of more games actually played if it was done a couple months late.
    And if there's not a working vaccine it might not matter anyway because we're totally screwed. That's the only way this virus will ever get any better.
    That is true

Blog Entries

So, do you work for a pharmaceutical company, a testing lab, or the FDA? Do you have reason to believe and evidence that adequate and valid testing is not being done, and that results reported are fabricated? Is this your expert opinion or Fox/OANN’s opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So, do you work for a pharmaceutical company, a testing lab, or the FDA? Do you have reason to believe and evidence that adequate and valid testing is not being done, and that results reported are fabricated? Is this your expert opinion or Fox/OANN’s opinion?
    No comment

The testing trials have shown that it worked for 95% of the 40,000 folks that were tested.... If I understand it correctly.

11. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Which vaccine are you referring to? I think there are at least 3 different ones out of phase 3 trials.

Scientists: We have run detailed clinical trials over many months and required rigorous approval by numerous agencies of experts before vaccine approval.

SoonerFan12: I disagree.

lol

Blog Entries

So, I never read what evidence you have that shows the vaccines aren’t going to work.

there are plenty of places to talk about covid. let's get back to the topic... university of oklahoma sports.

after being off for a week and having some coaches out, does anybody think that oklahoma could be upset by baylor this saturday?

^

It's not just coaches. Lots of players have missed big chunks of practice and we won't know until kickoff who is even eligible to play.

They'll do a round of rapid testing this morning then we'll know if the Sooners can even meet the minimum number of players required by the conference to play. Most of this is contract tracking, not actual infections.

They have to win at least one more game and not lose any to qualify for the Big 12 championship game.

Just announced that OU got the results needed today, so the game with Baylor scheduled for Saturday @ 7 in Norman is a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

It's not just coaches. Lots of players have missed big chunks of practice and we won't know until kickoff who is even eligible to play.

They'll do a round of rapid testing this morning then we'll know if the Sooners can even meet the minimum number of players required by the conference to play. Most of this is contract tracking, not actual infections.

They have to win at least one more game and not lose any to qualify for the Big 12 championship game.
    just a point there is not a min number of players required by the conf to play ... there is a number that lets the teams choose to not play (53)

OU has made it pretty clear that they will play even if they go below that number ..

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

OU also changed to the new CDC 7 day guidance .. which helps with all of this

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    there are plenty of places to talk about covid. let's get back to the topic... university of oklahoma sports.

after being off for a week and having some coaches out, does anybody think that oklahoma could be upset by baylor this saturday?
    With a 22 point spread- not many.

20. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    just a point there is not a min number of players required by the conf to play ... there is a number that lets the teams choose to not play (53)

OU has made it pretty clear that they will play even if they go below that number ..
    Yeah. But not surprisingly the rule is oddly written. The first paragraph says 53 players are required to play. Then on down in the discussion of position minimums it says teams can elect to play anyway. Seems like nothing is ever written plainly anymore.

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Big 12 Championship Game 2020 - Oklahoma 27 - Iowa State 21

22. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

That one had my heart rate up!

6 in a row with no end in site.

This is as bad as OU will be the next 4 years

24. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    6 in a row with no end in site.

This is as bad as OU will be the next 4 years
    I agree. They're only going to get better for the next 4 years and the other Big 12 contenders not so much.

OU vs Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl on Dec. 30. Should be a good match up and a win against the SEC here would be a great spring board to a Top 5 preseason ranking in 2021

Thread Information