Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161762 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma

Jaylen appears to play smart in not putting himself into harm way. Impressed with his play so far.

Charleston Rambo had an incredible game with a career performance. The offense has weapons; still think the offensive line is not as potent as last season. Defense is better.

2. Default Re: University of Oklahoma

They have barely tapped the potential of the receiving corp. With Lamb alredy a star, the freshmen phenomes trying to show they can contribute - hell, even Stoops kid made really nice catch, Rambo showing real ability is just icing.

Default Re: University of Oklahoma

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...cid=spartanntp

USA Today first network Heisman survey has Hurts at #1

Blog Entries

Really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere of the Great State Fair of Texas.

Upon my arrival, my relatives were all enthusiastic about the game and what they predicted to be a Texas beat-down of Oklahoma. Being a guest, just remained silent; didn't engage in the back & forth or rub it in after the Longhorns' lost because they are as passionate about their school & team as I am about our Sooners.

5. Default Re: University of Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Upon my arrival, my relatives were all enthusiastic about the game and what they predicted to be a Texas beat-down of Oklahoma. Being a guest, just remained silent; didn't engage in the back & forth or rub it in after the Longhorns' lost because they are as passionate about their school & team as I am about our Sooners.
    Our seats were in Section 117. Right in the middle of Longhorn country..... Not sure why but they had put about 500 of us over there right in the middle of them all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9916.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	11.91 MB 
ID:	15663

Name:	RMAD6575.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	367.3 KB 
ID:	15664

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Our seats were in Section 117. Right in the middle of Longhorn country..... Not sure why but they had put about 500 of us over there right in the middle of them all.

Name:	IMG_9916.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	11.91 MB 
ID:	15663

Name:	RMAD6575.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	367.3 KB 
ID:	15664
    Those OU seats are in the texas end to make up for those lost by the tunnel/ramp in the south end.

Are the fans on the same side of the bowl every year, or does it depend on who the designated home team is?

Seems they could just short the visitor team those seats instead of sticking them smack in the middle of the wrong side.

OU is always on the south side where the tunnel is.

I know this has been true since at least the 70's.

Thinking of going to my first OU game this weekend. Any tips? Parking, tickets, how early do i need to get there to avoid all the mess. My current thinking is around 8:30 and parking at the basketball stadium. I have been to the campus and Norman only a couple of times so not too familiar with the area other than getting in and out from the south side of campus. Where are the scalpers and what are the laws? Like in Chicago I got arrest cause I was within 80 feet of the box office trying to sale a ticket. #whatever and at Notre Dame games you can't sale them on campus.

I always park just south of Main Street, but Lloyd Noble is fine. If you are patient you can find a ticket for $10 to $20. Just hold up your fingers for the number of tickets you need and seek out fans, not scalpers. I’ve been doing it for 10+ years. Some people would rather pay $50 and have their tickets early, but you shouldn’t pay over $20 IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Thinking of going to my first OU game this weekend. Any tips? Parking, tickets, how early do i need to get there to avoid all the mess. My current thinking is around 8:30 and parking at the basketball stadium. I have been to the campus and Norman only a couple of times so not too familiar with the area other than getting in and out from the south side of campus. Where are the scalpers and what are the laws? Like in Chicago I got arrest cause I was within 80 feet of the box office trying to sale a ticket. #whatever and at Notre Dame games you can't sale them on campus.
    depends on if you live south (or south and east ) or north of norman if you live north of norman i would park just north of campus around campus corner the corner of asp and boyd is the mecca of pre game tickets and as the other poster said if you only need a single you should be good aorund 20-40 bucks as long as you wait it out (face is 75 i think)

there are no scalping laws in cleavand county so you are good there

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    depends on if you live south (or south and east ) or north of norman if you live north of norman i would park just north of campus around campus corner the corner of asp and boyd is the mecca of pre game tickets and as the other poster said if you only need a single you should be good aorund 20-40 bucks as long as you wait it out (face is 75 i think)

there are no scalping laws in cleavand county so you are good there
    Thanks for all the help. I live near Yukon/OKC so i can either come in from the north or go down Hwy 4 to 9 and come in from the south thru riverwind. It's about 5 minutes longer for me that way but i'm thinking maybe a bit less traffic. I'll be need 3 tickets which I know is a hard amount to get together but I have heard from others if I wait 15 minutes for kickoff I'm in the $30 range. If it rains I'm sure i'm in that range an hour or two before kick off.

13. Default Re: University of Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Thanks for all the help. I live near Yukon/OKC so i can either come in from the north or go down Hwy 4 to 9 and come in from the south thru riverwind. It's about 5 minutes longer for me that way but i'm thinking maybe a bit less traffic. I'll be need 3 tickets which I know is a hard amount to get together but I have heard from others if I wait 15 minutes for kickoff I'm in the $30 range. If it rains I'm sure i'm in that range an hour or two before kick off.
    Go early and enjoy homecoming! Always a fun time!

14. Default Re: University of Oklahoma

Was it just my section or did the fans seem a lot more rowdy - due to beer sales?

15. Default Re: University of Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Was it just my section or did the fans seem a lot more rowdy - due to beer sales?
    I've been going since the early 2000s. It has always felt rowdy at OU games. Compared to Dallas Cowboys or Thunder games people just get wild.

Blog Entries

Is it just me that thinks this is a funny question from "Mug O Beer"?

I would think the proliferation of dispensaries would mellow the crowd out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    OU is always on the south side where the tunnel is.

I know this has been true since at least the 70's.
    So the story goes that originally the "home" team could choose which side they wanted for the year. But, after the first few years OU was always South and texas North. When the last contract negotiation came up, they just dropped the provision since both teams liked their sides as they were, it seemed. But, texas officials got mad because the option for the "home" team was dropped, so they re-wrote it to add it back in. So, it seemed that maybe they were interested in changing it up in their years of choice. Nope, didn't ever plan on picking the South end, but they just didn't like that the option had been dropped without discussing it first. lol. That is texas admin/fans personality in a nutshell. lol

19. Default Re: University of Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I would think the proliferation of dispensaries would mellow the crowd out.
    I was referring to Dallas. I think last time l heard that many f-bombs thrown was in college. Had a brief fight right next to me that pushed into an elderly couple. Two others asking to fight a few rows in front with rowdies behind me. Maybe it was just my section.

I was referring to Dallas. I think last time l heard that many f-bombs thrown was in college. Had a brief fight right next to me that pushed into an elderly couple. Two others asking to fight a few rows in front with rowdies behind me. Maybe it was just my section.
    i had those experiences almost every RRS back in the 2000's... i haven't gone in over 10 years... but i can tell you that this was my common experience most years back then

Blog Entries

Well, it was a nice season. Next time we borrow some Studs from Alabama for a year, we should make sure they are guys who can tackle.

Shades of Mike Stoops out there today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Well, it was a nice season. Next time we borrow some Studs from Alabama for a year, we should make sure they are guys who can tackle.

Good point.

Give it up to the KSU Wildcats who played an almost flawless game on offense; their defense kept our Sooners in check for most of the game.

OU defense didn't have any room for errors; lets also face it, our offense lacked aggressiveness.

Hope we can run the tables--this we be the only chance we have to make the top 4 playoff teams.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post

Maybe they were trying to create turnovers instead of wrapping up? All I heard this past week is that Grinch wanted more turnovers.

OU has been good for one inexplicable October regular-season loss per year under Riley. Hopefully they can turn it around again, I still think they have a decent shot to sneak in at 12-1. If they lose another one, they are toast.

Thread Information