Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Default Re: University of Oklahoma

We keep getting odd info about this project but there is simply no way a housing company enters into a multi-million deal with a large public university (and vice versa) without a contract that specifies all the details.

I'd really like to understand what is going on here.

I do want to see how that was all set up. I can't imagine with the law team that OU has they would pull everything out without a plan. Seemed doomed from the start with the cost of living there.

I heard that the leasing company, originally working with Boren, has an understanding they were going to sign a 25 year lease with OU. Gallogly came in, saw the amount of money they wanted and axed the 25 year lease and would only agree to a single year lease. The original 25 year lease to OU was something like $25 per square foot. After what happened with Gallogly, the leasing company now wants $80 per square foot. (I'm not 100% certain of these prices, but that's what I was told by someone who works for OU directly, but he also wasn't 100% sure on that pricing)

Literally, OU saw that and just immediately backed out, took absolutely everything g they had there out and moved it back to Cate Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    I heard that the leasing company, originally working with Boren, has an understanding they were going to sign a 25 year lease with OU. Gallogly came in, saw the amount of money they wanted and axed the 25 year lease and would only agree to a single year lease. The original 25 year lease to OU was something like $25 per square foot. After what happened with Gallogly, the leasing company now wants $80 per square foot. (I'm not 100% certain of these prices, but that's what I was told by someone who works for OU directly, but he also wasn't 100% sure on that pricing)

Literally, OU saw that and just immediately backed out, took absolutely everything g they had there out and moved it back to Cate Center.
    I do not blame them

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I do not blame them
    Absolutely not. Cross Center has been a really weird dissapointment. With any luck, the two sides can figure something out and maybe OU can just buy the entire facility to better accommodate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    Absolutely not. Cross Center has been a really weird dissapointment. With any luck, the two sides can figure something out and maybe OU can just buy the entire facility to better accommodate it.
    I hope so!

Thread Information