Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma State University

1. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    I realize this is off topic and I hope you have recovered, but please consider donating for plasmapheresis. Your antibodies could help some of our sickest patients, and in the spirit of the thread, those patients could be in ICUs at OU Medical or OSU Tulsa. No bias when it comes to antibodies ��
    I don’t think I saw this before now. I have donated plasma 3 times. I’m going to again in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    BTW, they are now discovering that because you have it once you aren't protected for very long. Good luck.
    This is one more thing no one can just say as an absolute. I had it 5 months ago and my antibodies are still high enough to donate plasma.

2. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/st...48422007496706

"Per discussions in the past few minutes, several college athletic leaders from across the country are beginning to privately agree with this quote that Pat tweeted a couple hours ago.

It's a sweeping feeling."

And the tweet he is quoting:

Prominent industry source: "I think by the end of the week the fall sports will be postponed in all conferences."
    I won’t be at all surprised. And as devastating as it would be for many college’s financial health I think it’s the best route.

Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Seems like you could really get a deal out of these Colleges if you’re looking to go back for a Masters or Doctorate in the near future.

I imagine they would deal.

BREAKING: Tulsa has to postpone opener with Cowboys
    https://www.stwnewspress.com/sports/...c33364d80.html

Blog Entries

OSU Re: Oklahoma State University

6. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Cowboys looking great this year. Defense was outstanding!

Blog Entries

If both of our two major university teams can continue to improve prior to the Bedlam showdown, this game will spotlight our state which has 3 competitive teams in OSU (4-0), OU (3-2) and TU (2-1) which is always good for recruiting.

Tulsa defeated South Florida 42-13 on Friday. Just to give you the scope on University of South Florida it has an enrollment of 49,591 compared to OU 25,886, OSU 24,649 and TU 4,380.

South Florida is 10x the size of TU.

Let's say OSU goes undefeated this season. What are the odds that they don't make the playoff?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Let's say OSU goes undefeated this season. What are the odds that they don't make the playoff?
    If they go undefeated, OSU will make the playoffs. That means wins over the rest of the schedule Texas, KSU, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, TCU & Baylor. Glad they aren't ranked real high--keeps the morale up and the enthusiasm. Appears to me to be one of the most promising NCAA Division I teams. Well balanced on offense & defense.

Blog Entries

It depends. If Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Ohio State all go undefeated too, I wouldn't like OSU's chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It depends. If Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Ohio State all go undefeated too, I wouldn't like OSU's chances.
    Clemson and Notre Dame play each other on 11/7.

If OSU goes undefeated, there is a zero percent chance they miss the playoffs.

The odds are not 100% OSU makes the playoffs undefeated. We know they won't get the benefit of the doubt, but I suspect there would have to be 4 other undefeated powerhouses. As Rover said, if Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Ohio State are undefeated than OSU is likely out. Even an undefeated OSU team could have to fight for a spot against a, for example, 1 loss George team. With less games, these things more possible than in other seasons. Having said that, I'd put an undefeated OSU at 80% in.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    The odds are not 100% OSU makes the playoffs undefeated. We know they won't get the benefit of the doubt, but I suspect there would have to be 4 other undefeated powerhouses. As Rover said, if Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Ohio State are undefeated than OSU is likely out. Even an undefeated OSU team could have to fight for a spot against a, for example, 1 loss George team. With less games, these things more possible than in other seasons. Having said that, I'd put an undefeated OSU at 80% in.
    It is literally impossible for Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame, and Ohio state state to all go undefeated. Clemson plays Notre Dame on 11/7. I’m pretty sure one of those teams will lose that game. Because they are playing against each other, on 11/7.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Clemson and Notre Dame play each other on 11/7.

If OSU goes undefeated, there is a zero percent chance they miss the playoffs.
    clemson and ND would also play eachother again in the ACC title game

the worry would be undefeated oregon or usc ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    clemson and ND would also play eachother again in the ACC title game

the worry would be undefeated oregon or usc ..
    IMO the PAC 12 is so weak this year i don't see one of those teams leap frogging an undefeated Big 12 team this year. I do see where that could be a possibility though.

Dankrutka made a good point in that a one loss Georgia would likely keep an undefeated OSU out. That would mean they beat Bama in the SEC title game. They would definitely be in with undefeated Ohio State, Clemson, and One loss Alabama. This is the only scenario that i see that would keep an undefeated OSU out. This scenario isn't likely so I will revise my 100% down to 95% probability OSU gets in if undefeated.

Just to be clear, I do not think OSU will run the table this year so it is kind of a moot point, I'm just running the hypotheticals if they were to finish unbeaten.

IMO the PAC 12 is so weak this year i don't see one of those teams leap frogging an undefeated Big 12 team this year. I do see where that could be a possibility though.

Dankrutka made a good point in that a one loss Georgia would likely keep an undefeated OSU out. That would mean they beat Bama in the SEC title game. They would definitely be in with undefeated Ohio State, Clemson, and One loss Alabama. This is the only scenario that i see that would keep an undefeated OSU out. This scenario isn't likely so I will revise my 100% down to 95% probability OSU gets in if undefeated.

Just to be clear, I do not think OSU will run the table this year so it is kind of a moot point, I'm just running the hypotheticals if they were to finish unbeaten.
    i would think OSU would get in above bama in that scenario .. . the only thing that might change that (and really a wild card all around) is bama losing with key player out with covid in the sec title game ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i would think OSU would get in above bama in that scenario .. . the only thing that might change that (and really a wild card all around) is bama losing with key player out with covid in the sec title game ..
    Agreed.

I also think that scenario is where the "blue blood" factor would come into play.

If that scenario played out and OU was undefeated, I don't think there is any question they would get in over a 1 loss Alabama team who had just lost in the SEC championship game. Would they keep a 1-loss Bama out for an undefeated OSU team? That is a tough one to answer.

Agreed.

I also think that scenario is where the "blue blood" factor would come into play.

If that scenario played out and OU was undefeated, I don't think there is any question they would get in over a 1 loss Alabama team who had just lost in the SEC championship game. Would they keep a 1-loss Bama out for an undefeated OSU team? That is a tough one to answer.
    i agree .... and while that always helps OU (which i clearly don't hate) it is sad for the sport .. because undefeated okstate should always get in over a 1 loss team that didn't win its conf .

It is literally impossible for Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame, and Ohio state state to all go undefeated. Clemson plays Notre Dame on 11/7. I’m pretty sure one of those teams will lose that game. Because they are playing against each other, on 11/7.
    Fair enough. Replace Notre Dame with Oregon or USC.

And, to be clear, I didn't say OSU wouldn't be in. In fact, I said they'd be in 4/5 times. I just said there are situations where it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    I do not see Cowboys going undefeated, Cowboys will lose to either Longhorns or Sooners

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I do not see Cowboys going undefeated, Cowboys will lose to either Longhorns or Sooners
    I ended up being right

Choke

Big 12 has been hereby eliminated from playoff contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Big 12 has been hereby eliminated from playoff contention.
    Yup, the Big 12 sucks this year

25. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

I never ask anything of OSU. Things is why. The whole conference, and especially OU, needed them to do one thing. And they failed.

Thread Information