Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma State University

1. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Freshman told not to report as 3 players tested +.
    They expected some positives. Every program does and they have plans in place to handle them.

Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Wasn’t expecting this: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tournament-ban

Will be interesting to see what the NCAA does to the actual cheaters, like Duke and Kansas

Appeal is coming.

Pokes banned for a year from NCAA tournament. Three years probation. Level I violation involving former assistant head coach Lamont Evans (this is the same thing that has been investigated for some time now).

Also losing three scholarships for the next three seasons in addition to other recruiting restrictions.

Oklahoma State is filing an appeal.

"The NCAA also agreed that OSU did not benefit in recruiting, commit a recruiting violation, did not play an ineligible player, and did not display a lack of institutional control. As the report documents, OSU cooperated throughout the process, which lasted two years."
    I hear that Kansas is in the cross hairs next, and that it may be big.

5. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

I’m far from being an OSU supporter. I usually refer to them as “That other school north of here”. But this punishment isn’t even in the ballpark of fair. OSU did everything as right as they possibly could.

As a Sooners fan, I hope they lose their appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I’m far from being an OSU supporter. I usually refer to them as “That other school north of here”. But this punishment isn’t even in the ballpark of fair. OSU did everything as right as they possibly could.
    Probably trying to put their foot down on a school so they don't have to do it again when it may be a bit more uncomfortable. I feel like the NCAA "keeps score" kind of like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Appeal is coming.
    They will appeal but I seriously doubt it changes anything. Mizzou got hammered because of a rouge tutor taking some tests for a few players. They appealed and it drug out for months but nothing changed. The way it works these days is that you deny deny deny. Do not help the NCAA convict you. KU pretty much denying everything but they were caught elbow deep in the cookie jar. They should get somewhere between 3-5 year ban if it's comparable to what OSU just got handed.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    They will appeal but I seriously doubt it changes anything. Mizzou got hammered because of a rouge tutor taking some tests for a few players. They appealed and it drug out for months but nothing changed. The way it works these days is that you deny deny deny. Do not help the NCAA convict you. KU pretty much denying everything but they were caught elbow deep in the cookie jar. They should get somewhere between 3-5 year ban if it's comparable to what OSU just got handed.
    I would love to see it, I am sick of seeing the Jayhawks in the playoffs

Blog Entries

The punishment the NCAA leveled against OSU is so harsh and in my opinion unfair. Let's see how they treat Kansas--one of the NCAA's cash cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    The punishment the NCAA leveled against OSU is so harsh and in my opinion unfair. Let's see how they treat Kansas--one of the NCAA's cash cows.
    If the NCAA gives Jayhawks a 3 to 5 year ban, you would not think NCAA leveled against Cowboys is so harsh and unfair anymore

Anybody care to comment on the mens basketball program?

Think Cade Cunningham is still coming to town?

I can't see how sticking with OSU would be the smart move for him.

Honest question, because I obviously have no idea what it is like to be a world class athlete, potential #1 pick.

Basketball specific...

If I am a guy like Cade, where any school will take me for one year, is it better to get to a school where I am without doubt the best player on the team...at the risk they don't make a super deep run into the tournament (let's just say OSU wasn't banned for the sake of this argument).

Or do I want to go to a power school (Duke, NC, Kentucky, etc) and still probably be the best player and make a realistic run to the title?

Lonzo went to UCLA, which I know historically is a basketball school, but is nowhere near a Duke or Kentucky now a days. Of course I always thought Ball went there because it was his hometown or something.

15. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Honest question, because I obviously have no idea what it is like to be a world class athlete, potential #1 pick.

Basketball specific...

If I am a guy like Cade, where any school will take me for one year, is it better to get to a school where I am without doubt the best player on the team...at the risk they don't make a super deep run into the tournament (let's just say OSU wasn't banned for the sake of this argument).

Or do I want to go to a power school (Duke, NC, Kentucky, etc) and still probably be the best player and make a realistic run to the title?

Lonzo went to UCLA, which I know historically is a basketball school, but is nowhere near a Duke or Kentucky now a days. Of course I always thought Ball went there because it was his hometown or something.
    I can see it either way. Bball scouts are going to be watching him no matter where he goes. I’m not sure whether going deep in the tournament is any better than tearing the Big 12 up which he’ll do if he stays with OSU.

16. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Uh oh. Looks like Chuba is not happy about Coach's t-shirt. https://twitter.com/Hubbard_RMN/stat...449264642?s=20

17. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Uh oh. Looks like Chuba is not happy about Coach's t-shirt. https://twitter.com/Hubbard_RMN/stat...449264642?s=20
    I bet he's wishing he'd gone pro.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    I bet he's wishing he'd gone pro.
    i think there is a supplemental draft in the NFL coming up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    i cant believe there are so many people walking around in high profile positions who can't even read a room.

YAWN Next scandal please.

Wow. He wore a shirt of a news station. Should be have been woke and worn a CNN or MCNBC t shirt?

I betcha Hubbard has never even watched OANN. If he did, he may actually like it. You never know.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    Wow. He wore a shirt of a news station. Should be have been woke and worn a CNN or MCNBC t shirt?

I betcha Hubbard has never even watched OANN. If he did, he may actually like it. You never know.
    lulz

23. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Chuba getting support from his teammates and alums:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ith-oan-shirt/

This isn't Gundy's first rodeo with OAN. This is what he said in May on a Big 12 conference call:

Gundy has praised the network in the past for its reporting, saying in April that its coverage on the coronavirus was something he found "refreshing."

"They just report the news," Gundy said via The Oklahoman. "There's no commentary. There's no opinions on this. There's no left. There's no right. They just report the news."

I would encourage ANY prospect for a Football Scholarship at either OU or OSU in 2021 or 2022 to Rethink. The State of Politics in Oklahoma reflects an overall disdain for Black Lives and Black people. A silent Governor complicit in causing pain to a subset of its citizens just to do what? I am going to post this sentiment on every football recruiting site that I can. Pains me as an OU grad to do so, but what I'm seeing in Oklahoma pains me even more

25. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post

OAN is a fringe conspiracy mongering network with hosts supporting the pizzagate and Seth Rich conspiracies. They called the 75 year old in Buffalo an Antifa provocateur. One of their hosts, Graham Ledger, host of The Daily Ledger, called Black Lives Matter "a criminal organization."

I can see how a young black man would not like that.

Thread Information