Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma State University

Blog Entries

Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Tex is a 13.5 point favorite and those numbers have moved higher from the opening line of 11.5.

ESPN Analytics has the chance of Texas winning at 87.3%.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    Congrats to OSU on gutting it out & the comeback yesterday but it's unfortunate the 2 best teams won't be in the championship. Hopefully OSU can keep it close and make a game of it. Texas is big favorite and should blow them out. OSU looks absolutely terrible at times and they're about to be the cream of conference lol.
    “Unfortunate the 2 best teams won’t be in the championship.” Haha!
    Not sure if y’all realize it or not but comments and whining like these have made this season that much more enjoyable for OSU fans. And the fact that OU fans are rooting for Texas over OSU is another hilarious thing when OSU apparently isnt a rival to OU.
    OSU could easily get blown out but I think people are forgetting Texas’ ability to choke. OSU has beat them 6 of the last 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    Keep it coming Sooner fans, this is great entertainment.
    Bump

Congrats to OSU on gutting it out & the comeback yesterday but it's unfortunate the 2 best teams won't be in the championship. Hopefully OSU can keep it close and make a game of it. Texas is big favorite and should blow them out. OSU looks absolutely terrible at times and they're about to be the cream of conference lol.
    Take the losses with some grace. You can complain all you want but by definition the two best teams in the Big 12 are in the championship. If OU was so much better as you claim they wouldn't have dropped a game to Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBenjals! View Post
    You can complain all you want but by definition the two best teams in the Big 12 are in the championship. .
    Well, technically speaking OSU is 9-3 and OU is 10-2. . . .OU #12 OSU #19 in AP Poll, same in the coaches poll. And in the BigXII, both OU and OSU are both 7-2 in conference. Seems to be that everyone in the country, with the exception of OSU folk and Yormark, believes that OU is still the better team. Just sayin'. . . .

However I'm totally stoked that my Ponies are playing in the AAC title game!

OSU is about to be 9-4.

7. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Clearly OSU was the (somewhat) better team on November 4, and at the end of the day that’s all that mattered.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Clearly OSU was the (somewhat) better team on November 4, and at the end of the day that’s all that mattered.
    At least that is all that mattered according to the revised tie breaker formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    At least that is all that mattered according to the revised tie breaker formula.
    There were only two teams tied for second, OSU and OU. The "revised" tie breaker formula didn't even come into play.

Hell I was writing it off at this point but maybe there is something to OSU being really lucky this season! LOL. better to be lucky than good…hope it continues this weekend.

https://x.com/cfb_data/status/172931...dTcgVjJhYS-3KQ

Where does this year rank all time for OSU fans if they pull off the upset? Top 5 season? Genuinely curious since they've never played in a Big 12 or National Championship. What about with a loss?

Where does this year rank all time for OSU fans if they pull off the upset? Top 5 season? Genuinely curious since they've never played in a Big 12 or National Championship. What about with a loss?
    if they pull off the offset, i don't see how this doesn't go down as the best season in their history.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    if they pull off the offset, i don't see how this doesn't go down as the best season in their history.
    They've had plenty of better/more talented teams in the Gundy era but OU wasn't down and the Big 12 as a whole was much better.

They've had plenty of better/more talented teams in the Gundy era but OU wasn't down and the Big 12 as a whole was much better.
    oh of course they have had better teams... but this season could still go down as the all time great. i think it's this one or 2011. big difference i think there is that they even by end of year rankings, might have taken down two top 10 teams in OU and Texas.

They did play for a big 12 championship in 2021. Lost to Baylor by about 5 inches.

16. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Rank all time I don't know. Special for all time? If I were a Pokes fan this season would be way up there. The adversity overcome to get where they are is once in a blue moon. Losing to a bad G5 team 33-7 then improving for a number of games until being blown out by 6 TDs by UCF. Having really bad first halves in the last two games. They never quit. They did what they needed to do and won the games they had to win to put themselves in this position. They have Gordon whose stats are equal to an OSU legend. If the table was turned and my Sooners were in this spot I'd be extremely happy.

i mean they do have their STOLEN VALOR fake natty from 1945

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    They did play for a big 12 championship in 2021. Lost to Baylor by about 5 inches.
    My bad I wasn't thinking about that game since they didn't win. So this is their 2nd time to play in a champ game.

Lifelong OSU fan here, here is my take… This season has been rather forgettable for me. Yeah, we more or less lucked ourselves into the Big 12 Championship game (Luck being the key word there). But Outside of maybe Cincinnati, we haven’t really shown any dominance in any of our games. If anything, the only dominance we’ve seen we’ve been on the receiving end of. I’m not a huge fan of Gundy, but I do have to give him (and Ollie Gordon) credit for getting us to this point. I had pretty low expectations going into this season, so making it this far is definitely a plus. But my expectations going into this weekend are as low as they were at the start of the season. No question, 2011 was our best season since I’ve been around though.

This truly is the thread that keeps on giving.

Blog Entries

I’m not in full agreement…. but this was posted by @CFB_Data. <His “unluckiest” team - Nebraska (I count 15 losses since 2018 in which Nebraska had >50% win expectancy based on postgame statistics). >

Accounting for postgame win expectancies, Oklahoma State has been the "luckiest" team this year. Their 9 wins is 4.2 wins above their expected win total of 4.8 this season.

https://twitter.com/CFB_Data

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i mean they do have their STOLEN VALOR fake natty from 1945
    Yeah cause faking military service and being awarded a national championship is the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Yeah cause faking military service and being awarded a national championship is the same thing
    1945 national champion was the United States Military Academy West Point ... aka Army........ widely considered one of the best college teams of all time ..

thus the joke ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    1945 national champion was the United States Military Academy West Point ... aka Army........ widely considered one of the best college teams of all time ..

thus the joke ..
    it was also during WWII or right after it ended…making the joke even funnier lol.

Thread Information