Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma State University

1. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Not sure if beating a team who just lost to Kansas and is coming off of a losing season warrants rushing the field. But I guess since it is the last bedlam I’ll give them a pass.

Default Re: Oklahoma State University

SI's projected rankings has OSU 16, OU 17!

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: Oklahoma State University

Oklahoma Sooners 24 @ Oklahoma State Cowboys 27

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
    Not sure if beating a team who just lost to Kansas and is coming off of a losing season warrants rushing the field. But I guess since it is the last bedlam I’ll give them a pass.
    Have they ever not stormed the field? Even once?

They've never won or competed for any major championships and they never will. It's to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post

They've never won or competed for any major championships and they never will. It's to be expected.
    They (OSU) won the Big 12 Championship in 2011. It was when the Big 12 didn't have the championship game, and OU was the last regular scheduled game. OSU was hundredths of points from going to the national championship during the BCS era that year. Just two seasons ago they played Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl and won and were 6" shy of beating Baylor in the final seconds of the Big 12 championship game that probably would have put them in the CFB playoff.

As for storming the field, it's OU, it's your in-state rival, and it's the final Bedlam for the foreseeable future, and despite the one sided wins of the overall series, the last 22 or so years since Les Miles have usually been very competitive. For college students you have 4-5 years of games, bedlam in Stillwater was always the biggest game, you got to storm the field at least once right? Yes, for OU, Texas is the biggest rival, but it's always the state of Texas vs the state of Oklahoma. Bedlam is it's own thing as it literally divides the state, families, and apparently blood drives.

As for OU Fans, I think they have been nervous to storm the field ever since Nebraska in 2000. If you know, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    They (OSU) won the Big 12 Championship in 2011. It was when the Big 12 didn't have the championship game, and OU was the last regular scheduled game. OSU was hundredths of points from going to the national championship during the BCS era that year. Just two seasons ago they played Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl and won and were 6" shy of beating Baylor in the final seconds of the Big 12 championship game that probably would have put them in the CFB playoff.

As for storming the field, it's OU, it's your in-state rival, and it's the final Bedlam for the foreseeable future, and despite the one sided wins of the overall series, the last 22 or so years since Les Miles have usually been very competitive. For college students you have 4-5 years of games, bedlam in Stillwater was always the biggest game, you got to storm the field at least once right? Yes, for OU, Texas is the biggest rival, but it's always the state of Texas vs the state of Oklahoma. Bedlam is it's own thing as it literally divides the state, families, and apparently blood drives.

As for OU Fans, I think they have been nervous to storm the field ever since Nebraska in 2000. If you know, you know.
    You're right I forgot about the 1 regular season they got. They also got a big 8 in 1976 too which would be their next most recent in the modern era. So 2 regular conference titles in half a century.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post

Hard to storm the field when you’re almost always favored at home. Only time it’s happened since Nebraska was after the massively improbable comeback vs Texas in 2021 but that was in Dallas.

You're right I forgot about the 1 regular season they got. They also got a big 8 in 1976 too which would be their next most recent in the modern era. So 2 regular conference titles in half a century.
    So salty, I love it

9. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

I actually have to give OSU credit for something as much as it physically hurts. The sound guys that put together a playlist of post game songs did a great job.
    Bye, bye, bye
    Never, ever, ever getting back together
    Shoulda been a cowboy
    Happy trails
    Celebration

Good job!

10. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Hard to storm the field when you’re almost always favored at home. Only time it’s happened since Nebraska was after the massively improbable comeback vs Texas in 2021 but that was in Dallas.
    Umm I am guessing they stormed the field in 1945 when they won their national championship

11. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

You mean in 2016? When it was awarded retroactively?

12. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Come to think of it, I AM surprised they didn't storm the field in 2016

Let's not forgot about the Missouri Valley domination in 1953 which is the next most recent championship. Point being when you've never actually won anything bedlam is their mythical championship every year. Now that goes away as OU goes to better conference and big 12 gets even more mediocre which is great thing actually for OSU.

14. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Let's not forgot about the Missouri Valley domination in 1953 which is the next most recent championship. Point being when you've never actually won anything bedlam is their mythical championship every year. Now that goes away as OU goes to better conference and big 12 gets even more mediocre which is great thing actually for OSU.
    Brent Venables has a record of 7-8 vs this mediocre conference lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    You mean in 2016? When it was awarded retroactively?
    over the 1945 army team which is one of the best of all time ..

also osu paid to have that "awarded"

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
    Brent Venables has a record of 7-8 vs this mediocre conference lmao.
    He inherited a gutted team lol.

Venables has coached in 8 national championships and has 3 rings. How many national championships has OSU played for in their history?

He inherited a gutted team lol.

Venables has coached in 8 national championships and has 3 rings. How many national championships has OSU played for in their history?
    1945!!!! Duh!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	19 
Size:	343.7 KB 
ID:	18442

Keep it coming Sooner fans, this is great entertainment.

The story behind Rashod Owens' halftime speech against BYU goes beyond football

https://www.stwnewspress.com/sports/...afe7ae5a1.html

91-20-7, enough said!

Congrats to OSU on gutting it out & the comeback yesterday but it's unfortunate the 2 best teams won't be in the championship. Hopefully OSU can keep it close and make a game of it. Texas is big favorite and should blow them out. OSU looks absolutely terrible at times and they're about to be the cream of conference lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    91-20-7, enough said!
    What does that have to do with anything?

Congrats to OSU on gutting it out & the comeback yesterday but it's unfortunate the 2 best teams won't be in the championship. Hopefully OSU can keep it close and make a game of it. Texas is big favorite and should blow them out. OSU looks absolutely terrible at times and they're about to be the cream of conference lol.
    I have little doubt Texas will win, but since the Red River Rivalry, they’ve been hard to gauge outside the Tech game last Friday. They’ve certainly looked more consistent than Oklahoma State has, which is why I think they’ll win. I guess it depends which OSU shows up and to an extent, what Texas shows up.

OSU has had UT’s number for years and will be the best team they’ve played since the RRS. They were closer to losing to Houston than OSU was…I think it will be fairly close.

Thread Information