Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 289
  1. #251

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    I realize this is off topic and I hope you have recovered, but please consider donating for plasmapheresis. Your antibodies could help some of our sickest patients, and in the spirit of the thread, those patients could be in ICUs at OU Medical or OSU Tulsa. No bias when it comes to antibodies ��
    I don’t think I saw this before now. I have donated plasma 3 times. I’m going to again in a week.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    BTW, they are now discovering that because you have it once you aren't protected for very long. Good luck.
    This is one more thing no one can just say as an absolute. I had it 5 months ago and my antibodies are still high enough to donate plasma.

  2. #252

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/st...48422007496706

    "Per discussions in the past few minutes, several college athletic leaders from across the country are beginning to privately agree with this quote that Pat tweeted a couple hours ago.

    It's a sweeping feeling."


    And the tweet he is quoting:

    Prominent industry source: "I think by the end of the week the fall sports will be postponed in all conferences."
    I won’t be at all surprised. And as devastating as it would be for many college’s financial health I think it’s the best route.

  3. #253

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Seems like you could really get a deal out of these Colleges if you’re looking to go back for a Masters or Doctorate in the near future.

    I imagine they would deal.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,500
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    BREAKING: Tulsa has to postpone opener with Cowboys
    https://www.stwnewspress.com/sports/...c33364d80.html

  5. #255

    OSU Re: Oklahoma State University


  6. #256

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Cowboys looking great this year. Defense was outstanding!

  7. #257

    OSU Re: Oklahoma State University

    If both of our two major university teams can continue to improve prior to the Bedlam showdown, this game will spotlight our state which has 3 competitive teams in OSU (4-0), OU (3-2) and TU (2-1) which is always good for recruiting.

    Tulsa defeated South Florida 42-13 on Friday. Just to give you the scope on University of South Florida it has an enrollment of 49,591 compared to OU 25,886, OSU 24,649 and TU 4,380.

    South Florida is 10x the size of TU.

  8. #258

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Let's say OSU goes undefeated this season. What are the odds that they don't make the playoff?

  9. #259

    OSU Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Let's say OSU goes undefeated this season. What are the odds that they don't make the playoff?
    If they go undefeated, OSU will make the playoffs. That means wins over the rest of the schedule Texas, KSU, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, TCU & Baylor. Glad they aren't ranked real high--keeps the morale up and the enthusiasm. Appears to me to be one of the most promising NCAA Division I teams. Well balanced on offense & defense.

  10. #260
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,813
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    It depends. If Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Ohio State all go undefeated too, I wouldn't like OSU's chances.

  11. #261

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    It depends. If Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Ohio State all go undefeated too, I wouldn't like OSU's chances.
    Clemson and Notre Dame play each other on 11/7.

    If OSU goes undefeated, there is a zero percent chance they miss the playoffs.

  12. #262

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    The odds are not 100% OSU makes the playoffs undefeated. We know they won't get the benefit of the doubt, but I suspect there would have to be 4 other undefeated powerhouses. As Rover said, if Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Ohio State are undefeated than OSU is likely out. Even an undefeated OSU team could have to fight for a spot against a, for example, 1 loss George team. With less games, these things more possible than in other seasons. Having said that, I'd put an undefeated OSU at 80% in.

  13. #263

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    The odds are not 100% OSU makes the playoffs undefeated. We know they won't get the benefit of the doubt, but I suspect there would have to be 4 other undefeated powerhouses. As Rover said, if Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame and Ohio State are undefeated than OSU is likely out. Even an undefeated OSU team could have to fight for a spot against a, for example, 1 loss George team. With less games, these things more possible than in other seasons. Having said that, I'd put an undefeated OSU at 80% in.
    It is literally impossible for Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame, and Ohio state state to all go undefeated. Clemson plays Notre Dame on 11/7. I’m pretty sure one of those teams will lose that game. Because they are playing against each other, on 11/7.

  14. #264

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Clemson and Notre Dame play each other on 11/7.

    If OSU goes undefeated, there is a zero percent chance they miss the playoffs.
    clemson and ND would also play eachother again in the ACC title game


    the worry would be undefeated oregon or usc ..

  15. #265

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    clemson and ND would also play eachother again in the ACC title game


    the worry would be undefeated oregon or usc ..
    IMO the PAC 12 is so weak this year i don't see one of those teams leap frogging an undefeated Big 12 team this year. I do see where that could be a possibility though.

    Dankrutka made a good point in that a one loss Georgia would likely keep an undefeated OSU out. That would mean they beat Bama in the SEC title game. They would definitely be in with undefeated Ohio State, Clemson, and One loss Alabama. This is the only scenario that i see that would keep an undefeated OSU out. This scenario isn't likely so I will revise my 100% down to 95% probability OSU gets in if undefeated.

    Just to be clear, I do not think OSU will run the table this year so it is kind of a moot point, I'm just running the hypotheticals if they were to finish unbeaten.

  16. #266

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    IMO the PAC 12 is so weak this year i don't see one of those teams leap frogging an undefeated Big 12 team this year. I do see where that could be a possibility though.

    Dankrutka made a good point in that a one loss Georgia would likely keep an undefeated OSU out. That would mean they beat Bama in the SEC title game. They would definitely be in with undefeated Ohio State, Clemson, and One loss Alabama. This is the only scenario that i see that would keep an undefeated OSU out. This scenario isn't likely so I will revise my 100% down to 95% probability OSU gets in if undefeated.

    Just to be clear, I do not think OSU will run the table this year so it is kind of a moot point, I'm just running the hypotheticals if they were to finish unbeaten.
    i would think OSU would get in above bama in that scenario .. . the only thing that might change that (and really a wild card all around) is bama losing with key player out with covid in the sec title game ..

  17. #267

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i would think OSU would get in above bama in that scenario .. . the only thing that might change that (and really a wild card all around) is bama losing with key player out with covid in the sec title game ..
    Agreed.

    I also think that scenario is where the "blue blood" factor would come into play.

    If that scenario played out and OU was undefeated, I don't think there is any question they would get in over a 1 loss Alabama team who had just lost in the SEC championship game. Would they keep a 1-loss Bama out for an undefeated OSU team? That is a tough one to answer.

  18. #268

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Agreed.

    I also think that scenario is where the "blue blood" factor would come into play.

    If that scenario played out and OU was undefeated, I don't think there is any question they would get in over a 1 loss Alabama team who had just lost in the SEC championship game. Would they keep a 1-loss Bama out for an undefeated OSU team? That is a tough one to answer.
    i agree .... and while that always helps OU (which i clearly don't hate) it is sad for the sport .. because undefeated okstate should always get in over a 1 loss team that didn't win its conf .

  19. #269

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    It is literally impossible for Clemson, Alabama, Notre Dame, and Ohio state state to all go undefeated. Clemson plays Notre Dame on 11/7. Iím pretty sure one of those teams will lose that game. Because they are playing against each other, on 11/7.
    Fair enough. Replace Notre Dame with Oregon or USC.

    And, to be clear, I didn't say OSU wouldn't be in. In fact, I said they'd be in 4/5 times. I just said there are situations where it could happen.

  20. #270

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Let's say OSU goes undefeated this season. What are the odds that they don't make the playoff?
    I do not see Cowboys going undefeated, Cowboys will lose to either Longhorns or Sooners

  21. #271

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I do not see Cowboys going undefeated, Cowboys will lose to either Longhorns or Sooners
    I ended up being right

  22. #272

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Choke

  23. #273

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Big 12 has been hereby eliminated from playoff contention.

  24. #274

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Big 12 has been hereby eliminated from playoff contention.
    Yup, the Big 12 sucks this year

  25. #275

    Default Re: Oklahoma State University

    I never ask anything of OSU. Things is why. The whole conference, and especially OU, needed them to do one thing. And they failed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oklahoma City University
    By UnFrSaKn in forum General Real Estate Topics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-18-2017, 07:16 PM
  2. University of Oklahoma tennis team ranked #1
    By KenRagsdale in forum Sports
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-19-2015, 04:20 PM
  3. University of Central Oklahoma
    By ljbab728 in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2014, 11:38 PM
  4. Dishonest Marketing by the University of Oklahoma
    By Brownwood in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 05:19 AM
  5. University of Oklahoma Caskets?
    By travich in forum Sports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 12:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO