Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma State University

Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Just heard that Oregon State won't be coming to Stillwater early in the season. We moved out west for a few years and I became familiar with Oregon State. Maybe it'll get better by October. Let's do it on Halloween!!! Orange and black versus orange and black.

Quote Originally Posted by cindycat View Post
    Just heard that Oregon State won't be coming to Stillwater early in the season. We moved out west for a few years and I became familiar with Oregon State. Maybe it'll get better by October. Let's do it on Halloween!!! Orange and black versus orange and black.
    Maybe in 2021. PAC 12 cancelled all non conference games for 2020 season.

Quote Originally Posted by cindycat View Post
    The Oklahoman had a good headline this morning. OreGone State

4. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Maybe in 2021. PAC 12 cancelled all non conference games for 2020 season.
    Along with, I believe, the ACC and the Big 10. If I heard right. That will make a disaster of the college football season if there actually is one. I’m getting less confident that there will be a season every week.

5. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Along with, I believe, the ACC and the Big 10. If I heard right. That will make a disaster of the college football season if there actually is one. I’m getting less confident that there will be a season every week.
    If any conferences will make sure they have a season it is the SEC and Big 12. If they fold then there is no chance for football. I think they should have just moved it to spring. I, for one, would love not having any 100 degree games in September for once.

6. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    If any conferences will make sure they have a season it is the SEC and Big 12. If they fold then there is no chance for football. I think they should have just moved it to spring. I, for one, would love not having any 100 degree games in September for once.
    Yeah. And as odd as spring football would be I think there would be a better chance of having a closer to normal schedule.

Smart move because everyone knows the coronavirus only spreads during non conference games. When conference play happens it goes away.

8. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    Smart move because everyone knows the coronavirus only spreads during non conference games. When conference play happens it goes away.
    The concern of the conferences is that while they can control the testing, containment and cleanliness of their schools they can’t control those things in non-conference schools. Especially the smaller schools that many non-con games are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    The concern of the conferences is that while they can control the testing, containment and cleanliness of their schools they can’t control those things in non-conference schools. Especially the smaller schools that many non-con games are.
    I was making a joke.

But it doesn't matter because once regular students get back on campus and start mingling with the athletes you can't control it anymore. The entire season is going to be cancelled and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in fantasy land. You can thank the people who refuse to wear and a mask and socially distance themselves for the cancellation.

10. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

I was making a joke.

But it doesn't matter because once regular students get back on campus and start mingling with the athletes you can't control it anymore. The entire season is going to be cancelled and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in fantasy land. You can thank the people who refuse to wear and a mask and socially distance themselves for the cancellation.
    I was hoping you were. I agree that there’s really very little chance that there’s a college football season. In the grand scheme of things it would probably be better.

I was making a joke.

Wait, why are we thanking those people?

I was making a joke.

Everybody on campus at OSU is supposed to wear a mask. If masks really work, then they will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Everybody on campus at OSU is supposed to wear a mask. If masks really work, then they will work.
    They do not work, I wore a mask since covid started and I still got the virus

14. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    Again. Masks stop you from giving it to others. So thank you for wearing one. You might have stopped yourself from giving it to others. Sorry others aren't as careful.

Wasn't part of the idea behind having only conference play an attempt to minimize long distance travel? Which I guess was upsetting some of the Big 10, something about Iowa and Iowa State not being in the same conference, which seems odd. I don't follow college football so maybe someone can elucidate if distances are truly shorter between conference schools?

16. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    I don't follow college football so maybe someone can elucidate if distances are truly shorter between conference schools?
    West Virginia is a Big XII member... The rest of the schools are in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, and Iowa.... I don't know their schedule this season but they will play 4-5 away games. So for them travel is not going to be lessened... Depending on what their non-conference schedule would have been. They probably travel further playing conference away games than non-conference.

They arent 100% effective but they do help lessen the chance of spread. Eyes are still a source of infection as well, which masks dont do anything for.

Blog Entries

Wearing the mask is more about giving than receiving. If you are around people refusing to wear theirs, yours is much less effective. We wear it to not spread to others. After this experience you should be the first to be insisting those around you wear it.

BTW, they are now discovering that because you have it once you aren't protected for very long. Good luck.

I realize this is off topic and I hope you have recovered, but please consider donating for plasmapheresis. Your antibodies could help some of our sickest patients, and in the spirit of the thread, those patients could be in ICUs at OU Medical or OSU Tulsa. No bias when it comes to antibodies 😁

I hope this is sarcasm. If it's not then as others have stated, the masks keep your germs in but don't necessarily keep other peoples germs out. So if everyone wears a mask, then everyone's germs stay in and won't spread. I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't, please do more research on the topic because people refusing to wear masks is a big reason we're not going to have college sports this fall.

I hope this is sarcasm. If it's not then as others have stated, the masks keep your germs in but don't necessarily keep other peoples germs out. So if everyone wears a mask, then everyone's germs stay in and won't spread. I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't, please do more research on the topic because people refusing to wear masks is a big reason we're not going to have college sports this fall.
    I am not a sarcastic person and who says there are not going to have college sports?

I am not a sarcastic person and who says there are not going to have college sports?
    Have just ignored what everyone has said in response to your "I wore a mask and still got covid" post?

Have just ignored what everyone has said in response to your "I wore a mask and still got covid" post?
    I did not ingore, I just did not understand what you all are saying so I am not a smart person so I give up, oh well! I am leaving this thread so I hope you and everyone else have a great day!

24. Default Re: Oklahoma State University

Technically, the masks don't necessarily keep the germs in either. They reduce the amount that gets out by catching much of the carrier droplets and also reduce the travel distance of the ones that do get through. They aren't perfect, which is why it's still a good idea to distance yourself from others, even if everyone is wearing a mask. That and not touching your face before washing/sanitizing your hands first will go a long way toward reducing your risk.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/st...48422007496706

"Per discussions in the past few minutes, several college athletic leaders from across the country are beginning to privately agree with this quote that Pat tweeted a couple hours ago.

It's a sweeping feeling."

And the tweet he is quoting:

Prominent industry source: "I think by the end of the week the fall sports will be postponed in all conferences."

Thread Information