Widgets Magazine

Thread: Landlord-Tenant attorney

1. Default Landlord-Tenant attorney

Can anyone provide a recommendation for an attorney who can handle landlord-tenant disputes/evictions, etc.? Got a challenging situation I need help with.

Default Re: Landlord-Tenant attorney

Unless you're the landlord, I don't have your answer. If you're the landlord, Robert Goldman is probably your guy.

3. Default Re: Landlord-Tenant attorney

As a landlord with 5 properties I would love to hear your challenging situation

Residential or commercial? Very different animals.

True enough. Any civil litigation attorney can handle this stuff. He just has to be able to read statutes and leases--theoretically anyone who has passed the Bar should be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Can anyone provide a recommendation for an attorney who can handle landlord-tenant disputes/evictions, etc.? Got a challenging situation I need help with.
    Can you provide some context as to the challenging situation you face? I'm an attorney and I'm happy to try and refer you to an attorney but I won't be able to make a recommendation without some information. For example, I need to know if you are the landlord or the tenant and what the situation is so I can suggest either a defense attorney or a plaintiff's attorney. Also, I'd want to generally know what the "damages" are - is it an eviction, property damage, monies owed, etc., as each situation calls for a different type of attorney. If the amount at issue is under a certain threshold I might even suggest you file in small claims court instead of wasting your own energy and money with a lawyer.

(I don't do this kind of work, so a referral is the best I can offer)

7. Default Re: Landlord-Tenant attorney

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    Residential or commercial? Very different animals.
    Landlord side and it is residential.

Blog Entries

I +1 Midtowner's rec on Robert Goldman for this.

9. Default Re: Landlord-Tenant attorney

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    I +1 Midtowner's rec on Robert Goldman for this.
    Since that is a fairly common name, can someone provide Mr. Goldman's office phone? Want to make sure I get the right Mr. Goldman.

405-524-4203

+2 on Robert Goldman, so long as we're piling on here. He was helpful with an issue regarding a commercial tenant.

12. Default Re: Landlord-Tenant attorney

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    Can you provide some context as to the challenging situation you face? I'm an attorney and I'm happy to try and refer you to an attorney but I won't be able to make a recommendation without some information. For example, I need to know if you are the landlord or the tenant and what the situation is so I can suggest either a defense attorney or a plaintiff's attorney. Also, I'd want to generally know what the "damages" are - is it an eviction, property damage, monies owed, etc., as each situation calls for a different type of attorney. If the amount at issue is under a certain threshold I might even suggest you file in small claims court instead of wasting your own energy and money with a lawyer.

(I don't do this kind of work, so a referral is the best I can offer)
    I sent you a private message with details. Thank you.

Thread Information