Widgets Magazine

Thread: Flying high: Stillwater celebrates two years of commercial air service

Default Flying high: Stillwater celebrates two years of commercial air service

Flying high: Stillwater celebrates two years of commercial air service http://www.stwnewspress.com/news/loc...3d9839703.html

Reaching a milestone: Stillwater Airport celebrates 100,000th passenger: http://www.stwnewspress.com/news/loc...7235b737b.html

Default Re: Flying high: Stillwater celebrates two years of commercial air service

Pretty neat to see the service grow and sustain itself. Good for Stillwater and the state. Hopefully SWO can get a new destination in the next year or two.

Default Re: Flying high: Stillwater celebrates two years of commercial air service

Quote Originally Posted by OUman View Post
    Pretty neat to see the service grow and sustain itself. Good for Stillwater and the state. Hopefully SWO can get a new destination in the next year or two.
    I've driven by Stillwater airport late at night before and saw parking lots well occupied and at first thought wondered what's going on and then it quickly hit me it's airline passengers parked. I bet neighboring towns are helping to add to the passenger list, such as Enid and Ponca City along with a bunch of smaller towns. It's a great development for much of northern Oklahoma that was overdue.

Ocolly article: http://www.ocolly.com/news/stillwate...0f84cf1c4.html

Interesting article, but I'm not sure where the author got the idea that American Eagle is "chartering" flights between SWO and DFW. These are not charter flghts, they're regularly scheduled flights.

Burns Hargis said the next sales pitch is to get a Chicago daily.

The city should sell some bonds and build a 2 gate terminal.

Interesting article, but I'm not sure where the author got the idea that American Eagle is "chartering" flights between SWO and DFW. These are not charter flghts, they're regularly scheduled flights.
    Indeed it is strange. It is almost if he is under he impression that since Stillwater is (was?) offering revenue guarantees that it is somehow a charter. These are most definitely scheduled flights.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Indeed it is strange. It is almost if he is under he impression that since Stillwater is (was?) offering revenue guarantees that it is somehow a charter. These are most definitely scheduled flights.
    Probably just general ignorance?

I do love flying out of swo when the schedule allows for it. A unique not big airport experience. It’s kinda fun.

Thread Information