Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alley North (Old Dolese Headquarters)

Default Re: Old Dolese Headquarters

I'm glad they included a building or two in the design of the new massive parking lot near american fidelity.... /s

I think its cool to have diverse styles in buildings to differentiate our local culture from so many same/similar designs seen all over country. It helps to create a community to have something unique. I like it. It also fits what they do and who they are.

3. Default Re: Old Dolese Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    Yeah, me too. A lot of people really hate the 60s and 70s designs, and want to tear them down. I think they're cool, and in 30 years people will say how terrible it is that we tore down these gems.
    Didn't say I hated them, or wanted them torn down.

4. Default Re: Old Dolese Headquarters

For me, those buildings just blend into the surroundings. There is nothing innovative or creative about them to make them unique or diversified. They look like any other building designed by an older architect that stays with the same style they have done for the past 30+ years. There are already similar designs like this all over the country. Nothing unique or inspiring about that.

5. Default Re: Old Dolese Headquarters

Bleh. But then im not a fan of the boxy modern stuff that's "cool" right now.

A rep from Dolese told the Planning Commission today that they plan to put their downtown property up for sale in 2-3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They are also building a new $4.3 million batch facility on Santa Fe near 122nd:

That facility has been finished for months. They have been batching from it since they closed Edmond.

With their new HQ well underway near Broadway & Britton, they have officially put their almost 14 acres for sale just north of Auto Alley.

This would be a great spot for a mixed use development like Penn Central or for an out of state company to set up shop at.

You would think this would sell quickly. That is a very prime area of real estate!

It's been unofficially for sale for quite a while.

I'm sure they are asking a pretty penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hey Pete, do we know anything at all about the "future development"?

Quote Originally Posted by aDark View Post
    Hey Pete, do we know anything at all about the "future development"?
    Yes, there is a thread on that.

Core Bank (which has its financing sign on the property) is planning to build a location there along with living units.

The development group has been holding meetings with the city in hopes of obtaining TIF funds.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    This would be a great spot for a mixed use development like Penn Central or for an out of state company to set up shop at.
    Probably not going to happen, but instead of one giant mega development, here's hoping they split that land up into about sixteen tiny parcels and sell off to different people for development.

They would have to close a few streets in order to make it one big development; would also have be substantial rezoning.

So, none of that could happen without a long public process.

As long as it is primarily residential. I suggest they also elevate the property and have a safety/retaining wall next to the tracks with a dense tree line. Those trains blast through there and it is LOUD.

OKC's Power and Light District

I used to be friends with a muckety-muck back in the 1990s. I was also living a block from there at the same time. I recall they had assembled almost all of the footprint prior to 1990. At the time they never intended to develop it themselves, but they did want any development to be a civically responsible project.

I would like to see some dense row housing with a nice grocer and some small spaces for small eateries and shops. Mostly more for sale housing or something to get more people living around AA.

I always thought that OKC could use some high-end condos, and if you look to Little Rock Arkansas, you can see examples in their skyline. Buildings such as these would make a perfect edition to the OKC skyline, while also providing some downtown residence.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Little-Rock-Arkansas-edited.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	15335

Quote Originally Posted by gamermp101 View Post
    I always thought that OKC could use some high-end condos, and if you look to Little Rock Arkansas, you can see examples in their skyline. Buildings such as these would make a perfect edition to the OKC skyline, while also providing some downtown residence.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Little-Rock-Arkansas-edited.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	15335
    No one here buys those though. They are trying in midtown, and having trouble selling them.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    No one here buys those though. They are trying in midtown, and having trouble selling them.
    Where has Midtown tried building anything like that? I see 4 story apartment buildings, but nothing like what's in that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Where has Midtown tried building anything like that? I see 4 story apartment buildings, but nothing like what's in that picture.
    Villa Teresa and the Rand Elliot venture near that. Aren't those all condos?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Villa Teresa and the Rand Elliot venture near that. Aren't those all condos?
    I think they will be, if they ever get built... Right now, they're nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think they will be, if they ever get built... Right now, they're nothing.
    Exactly. I thought I saw where a big issue, aside from the Villa Teresa owner being kinda weird, is that there are trouble pre-selling the units. But I may have read wrong.

Thread Information