Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alley North (Old Dolese Headquarters)

1. Default Re: Old Dolese Headquarters

Most Oklahoma Citians don't believe in buying something you can't see where you have zero opportunity to change plans like building a home.

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Old Dolese Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    Exactly. I thought I saw where a big issue, aside from the Villa Teresa owner being kinda weird, is that there are trouble pre-selling the units. But I may have read wrong.
    There aren't any signs that it's progressing, so you're probably right...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, there is a thread on that.

Core Bank (which has its financing sign on the property) is planning to build a location there along with living units.

The development group has been holding meetings with the city in hopes of obtaining TIF funds.
    So you buy empty ground and then immediately go out with your hand out for TIF money? Kind of a joke in this instance, and artificially inflates the price of real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    So you buy empty ground and then immediately go out with your hand out for TIF money? Kind of a joke in this instance, and artificially inflates the price of real estate.
    Is this what the NW13th & Broadway thread is about?

Is there any whisperings of someone being interested in this property? It's an incredible opportunity for someone to do something really cool here.

I haven't heard anything.

They are asking quite a bit so it will take a developer with deep pockets.

I noticed yesterday they now have added "will divide" on their for sale signs.

Ah, so that wasn't always there. I saw the "will divide" a week or so ago and couldn't remember if it had previously said that or not.

Former Dolese property to become retail and offices

After moving their offices to The Half complex at Britton and Broadway Extension, Dolese Bros. has announced the sale of three of its Automobile Alley buildings to developers who propose a mix of office and commercial space.

Dolese also owns 9.5 acres north of NW 13th which is not a part of these recent transactions:

Press release:

Dolese announces sale of former headquarters property

Doles Bros. Co. recently announced the sale of its buildings and land located south of NW 13th Street, east of Broadway, the former home of the company's headquarters, to Greyhound Group, Omega Investments LLC, and Bell & McCoy Companies.

“Last year, after more than 90 years at our 13th Street location, we moved our support services functions to a new building in The Half to better serve our customers. We're pleased that, with this sale, our former headquarters will now be put to new use to further grow and develop downtown Oklahoma City.” said Kermit Frank, Vice President of Communications and Community Relations for Dolese.

East Building

The Greyhound Group has purchased the easternmost property. The company plans to renovate the buildings as mixed-use facilities with office space and six retail tenants, including a yoga studio and Tiny Bubbles Campagne Bar.

“We're excited for this opportunity to reimagine the space in this area of town,” said Ian Duty-Dean, Director, ADEPT Commercial Real Estate. “All our retail tenants are locally-owned small businesses that we believe will add to the vibrancy already created by our neighbor, Contemporary Art Gallery. Contemporary has agreed to lease some of their parking space to us, and we're appreciative of that partnership as well.”

Duty-Dean added that they plan to have the buildings renovated and retail tenants operational by April 15, 2023. The company has hired TAP Architecture for design and Clyde Riggs as the general contractor.

Center Building

Omega Investments purchased the middle building on the property and will house their offices there. They will renovate the building to include offices and executive suites and welcome tenants for all three floors.

“We are excited to be a part of our downtown Renaissance and growth. We expect to move our office to one of the most exciting districts of downtown, Automobile Alley,” said Nathan Cao, Founder & President of Omega Investments.

The building redevelopment will be designed by TAP Architecture and renovated by Franklin Build.

West Building

Bell & McCoy Companies has purchased the westernmost property and will redevelop it for offices and a training facility.

The companies closed on the property on Friday, August 26th.

About ADEPT Commercial Real Estate
    ADEPT is a commercial real estate company based in Oklahoma City, providing brokerage advisory, development, and property management services. ADEPT leverages its creative entrepreneurial culture and experience-engineered core to deliver client-tailored goal-critical solutions to clients and partners at every size and every stage of business evolution.

About Omega Investments, LLC
    Omega Investments LLC is a local real estate investment and development company with a special focus on urban infill and multi-family development.

About Bell & McCoy Companires
    Bell & McCoy Companies is a manufacturer's representative for the electrical industry. Formed in 2012, the company has grown to be one of the largest agencies in the country with 12 offices across nine states. Each company operates as an individual business unit with full teams covering the commercial, industrial and residential markets in their territory.

I hope the exterior portion of the buildings will be a beautiful transformation. I'm no architect but I can't vision how you can make the buildings have any curb appeal. Anxious to see the transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by bucktalk View Post
    I hope the exterior portion of the buildings will be a beautiful transformation. I'm no architect but I can't vision how you can make the buildings have any curb appeal. Anxious to see the transformation.
    Those buildings are inspired by the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Also, one of the buildings was part of the old trolley car garage.

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo View Post
    Those buildings are inspired by the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Also, one of the buildings was part of the old trolley car garage.
    I'm a huge fan of FLLW, and while these may have been inspired by him, they are barely like his most famous and well-known Prairie Style work (and bear pretty much no relation to any other of his buildings). There's no way someone without that explicit knowledge would ever say "Hey, these look like Frank's buildings". Having said that, the westernmost building is fairly decent, the only one with any curb appeal.

According to the county assessor, the east building was built in 1929, the center building in 1905, and the west building in 1947. There might be some interesting stuff behind the more modern facades.

I believe the west building was a Grapette bottling plant.

15. Default Re: Old Dolese Headquarters

The 9.5 acres to the north is a very intriguing property. It's one of, if not THE, the largest contiguous land plots available in that area of OKC. I'm fairly certain it will end up mixed use or high-rise residential, but the possibilities are endless and the price of that land has to be extremely high given it's location.

Dolese also owns 9.5 acres north of NW 13th which is not a part of these recent transactions:

Pete, you've captioned Broadway as Robinson in the above photo.

^

Thanks for letting me know!

I've made the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The 9.5 acres to the north is a very intriguing property. It's one of, if not THE, the largest contiguous land plots available in that area of OKC. I'm fairly certain it will end up mixed use or high-rise residential, but the possibilities are endless and the price of that land has to be extremely high given it's location.
    Curious what the price per acre would be for this land, assuming it was for sale. Over $1M an acre?

^^

If I remember correctly, $12M for the whole thing.

Plans for the East Building:

Just saw that this development (on the main plot of land associated with the sale discussed earlier, stretching from NW 13th to NW 16th between Broadway and the railroad tracks) is set to go before the Planning Commission on Thursday. There are still no detailed renderings, but the plans at least call for "hotel, retail, office, and residential uses".

This is the only conceptual diagram included at this stage (so take it with a grain of salt). But wow, what an opportunity to do something special on this property....

I believe this property (everything north of NW 13th) is under contract.

I know Milhaus (LIFT) had been taking a run but the application is by Dolese. It's probably a situation where the sale is contingent on rezoning.

At 8.3 acres, it's one of the largest undeveloped tracts in the core.

this could be a special development if done correctly ..

This is perfect for mixed use with residential. Will be great to see downtown eventually connect up with Uptown along Broadway to 23rd. I always thought this would be a good corridor for streetcar expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    This is perfect for mixed use with residential. Will be great to see downtown eventually connect up with Uptown along Broadway to 23rd. I always thought this would be a good corridor for streetcar expansion.
    This should have been the original core streetcar route, IMO. Double-track Scissortail Park to EK Gaylord and all the way north on Broadway to 23rd, then W to Classen. There is still time to correct this [especially with 23rd streetplan], however the businesses along Broadway are probably not on board with any additional streetcar construction.

The city should have just center lane double tracked this route and paid businesses while construction disrupted their operations. Shoulda woulda coulda.

Thread Information